Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2 Sep 2017, 17:05 (Ref:3763837)   #11
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
We haven't been reaching 18C here at night since May until recently. I call 18C perfect!

I nearly froze at this past Sebring 12 hours in March; it's normally miserably hot considering it's still "winter" where I venture down from.

I'd be willing to bet most December meetings are sparsely attended as there's too much going on with people's personal lives to make a race meeting, especially one so far south.

As Lanky T stated in the other thread, no one will go to lovely Sebring to watch a WEC race unless it was included with the 12 hours - perhaps even more sparsely attended than COTA.
The December issue is one that a series just has to live with if they're going to adopt a winter calendar. The 18-19 calendar takes almost all of November, all of December, all of January and some of February off. For a winter calendar, there isn't many winter races? Has a hell of a gap after Le Mans too. Somehow has a calendar with 1 summer event and no winter events. Could've had Le Mans start and end the season, with the additional Spa slot moved to one of these massive gaps.

The spectator numbers might low for a WEC race, but if all it's going to do is piggyback on an IMSA race, then you doom the series to low numbers should that agreement not be in place. I think Sebring is the right track for WEC, but I don't think it should be riding the coattails of IMSA when it's there, because it'll always be the unwelcome cousin. It is possible to make new classics (see Petit Le Mans), but it won't be done by just saying "hey we're here too! Please stay awake...please?"