Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Oct 2004, 19:53 (Ref:1127650)   #51
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think a test role, no matter what team, would be the death knell of his career.

Hasn't exactly enhanced Wurz and Genes careers has it?

Wonder if there is a bring back Wurz petition?
Old 18 Oct 2004, 19:55 (Ref:1127653)   #52
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wurz is good another to race in F1 but not in a top team, therefore I don't see much point of him returning, epically after a 5 year absence.
Old 18 Oct 2004, 20:10 (Ref:1127666)   #53
Rich R
Veteran

United Kingdom
dudley uk
Rich R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
are f1 cars really that much better, that a driver would test one for 5 years instead of competing in some other form of racing. i think it's just a waste of talent, 1 season testing i could understand, but 5. maybe mclaren pay wurz to well.
Old 18 Oct 2004, 20:18 (Ref:1127680)   #54
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Rich R
are f1 cars really that much better, that a driver would test one for 5 years instead of competing in some other form of racing. i think it's just a waste of talent, 1 season testing i could understand, but 5. maybe mclaren pay wurz to well.
I guess the likes of Wurz feel it necessary to cling to the (probably) vain hope of once again driving an F1 car in anger. I guess it worked for Panis and McNish......
Old 19 Oct 2004, 11:07 (Ref:1128133)   #55
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've always felt that Heidfeld is at least as good Raikkonen-but what do I know.

Should the CRB find in BAR's favor, it would be worth it for Williams to allow several drivers to test to determine who gets the second seat.

Webber is already set to be team leader. He clearly trashed Pizzonia at Jag-and despite the allegations that it was Jaguar's incompetence and inability to run two competitive cars that led to Pizzonia's poor showing, I think its due as much to comperable ability. Paired with Webber again, Pizzonia won't last the season.

A straight shoot-out over several days among Heidfeld, Pizzonia, DC, and Davidson is the best course for Willys to follow.
Old 19 Oct 2004, 19:19 (Ref:1128664)   #56
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by luke
But then again dosn't real talent get recognised?

Usually, yes - although David Coulthard springs to mind...