Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 17 Jul 2001, 00:25 (Ref:118027)   #1
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
CART Toyota Atlantics.....

this championship seems to be a 2 horse race between david rutledge and Hoover Orsi (now that is a racing drivers name )

1 D.Rutledge 94
2 H.Orsi 90
3 T.Ave 54
4 M.Basso 51
5 J.Hand 45

i did notice after the qualifying times at toronto that the toyota atlantic cars were only 2 seconds behind the indy lights cars, so wiith the indy lights struggling for numbers maybe it is time to just scrap the series if numbers dont improve and make toyota atlantics the top junior feeder series in the US, any thoughts......

Last edited by gomick; 17 Jul 2001 at 00:26.
Old 17 Jul 2001, 02:16 (Ref:118058)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
again another class i really enjoy...the cleveland race was awesome with Joey hand and Hoover orsi swapping positions on the last lap in the rain...really exciting.

not sure about david rutledge thought..he seems very hot and cold but this series is also throwing up some great talent of the future..such as Hoover Orsi , Martin Basso, Joey hand and last year Buddy Rice and some others like Tony Ave and TJ Bell.

I watched hoover orsi win the south american F3 championship a few years ago and he was very impressive and he has carried that over into formula atlantic ..so im hoping he wins the series.
Old 17 Jul 2001, 02:34 (Ref:118064)   #3
DanFlag
Veteran

Canada
Montréal, Québec, Canada
DanFlag should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDanFlag should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Atlantic has always had my attention. It's always nice to see the young talents pushing it to make a name for themselves.

If any of you are interested, I was in Toronto and I did a few pictures, I'm going to post them later on this week.
Old 17 Jul 2001, 08:28 (Ref:118175)   #4
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting to see Hoover (who better) up near the front and going considerably better than he did in British FRenault.
Old 17 Jul 2001, 09:09 (Ref:118188)   #5
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
hoover was in england a while ago, wasn't he, rather than recently? i remember being thoroughly amused by his name...

more bloody speraficos (sperafici?)! suppose i'll have to like them too...

anyone know if this series is on british tv at all? it's bound to be somewhere, it's just a metter of finding it...
Old 17 Jul 2001, 14:27 (Ref:118332)   #6
DanFlag
Veteran

Canada
Montréal, Québec, Canada
DanFlag should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDanFlag should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone have the race results? I'd like to know where Sperafico finished, and what car3 his he? maybe I got a pic of him
Old 17 Jul 2001, 14:48 (Ref:118334)   #7
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
arse, wrong series. think they're in the barber dodge thing. sorry...
Old 17 Jul 2001, 15:27 (Ref:118356)   #8
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
yep the sperafico's are running in the barber dodge series and doing a reasonable job ..any relation to the other ones already in europe ???

Danflag ..i would love to see some pics of the race
Old 17 Jul 2001, 15:49 (Ref:118372)   #9
DanFlag
Veteran

Canada
Montréal, Québec, Canada
Have you seen our pictures of Toronto in www.CARTpentier.com ?
They're are already dozens of them there.
For now, I have posted only our best digital ones of Patrick.

I'm waiting for 4 rolls of film that are being developped,
and then I'm going to do a page, with all other CART drivers,
Indylights, Atlantics and Toronto pictures I've got.

There are hundreds of picture I'll post in that page later this week.
Most shots from the pits are from my dad, and the ones on track are from me.

I also did large animated gifs from joining 80 pictures that were shots in 2 seconds ¼.

1) Is Patrick Carpentier from RPM (Racing Powered Music, Kenny Brack is in that band too)
playing drums in front of Wayne Gretzky's restaurant in Toronto streets friday night.
http://www.cartpentier.com/01_news/2...2001_07_13.gif

2) The start of the CART race.
http://www.cartpentier.com/01_news/2...2001_07_15.gif

NOTE: they are long to view, but worth the wait if your a fan!
Old 17 Jul 2001, 15:50 (Ref:118375)   #10
DanFlag
Veteran

Canada
Montréal, Québec, Canada
Sorry, no Barber Dodge Series picture, either I was in media meetings, or walking to a good spot for picture during those series.
Old 18 Jul 2001, 15:10 (Ref:118837)   #11
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
great site Dan ..love the little comics you have there ..very funny ..but a very good site indeed.
Old 18 Jul 2001, 15:27 (Ref:118840)   #12
DanFlag
Veteran

Canada
Montréal, Québec, Canada
Thank you Marcus,

We always appreciate feedback, maybe you could drop a note in the guestbook!
Old 18 Jul 2001, 15:50 (Ref:118854)   #13
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally posted by marcus
yep the sperafico's are running in the barber dodge series and doing a reasonable job ..any relation to the other ones already in europe ???
one of them is a brother, the other is a cousin. not sure which way round, but i'm sure someone knows the answer... you've gotta feel sorry for their mother...
Old 19 Jul 2001, 02:25 (Ref:119042)   #14
DanFlag
Veteran

Canada
Montréal, Québec, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by DanFlag
Atlantic has always had my attention. It's always nice to see the young talents pushing it to make a name for themselves.

If any of you are interested, I was in Toronto and I did a few pictures, I'm going to post them later on this week.

Like I said I would do:
The Gallery section of the site has been updated with Flagworld pictures from Toronto 2001

http://www.cartpentier.com/06_gallery/2001/11_Toronto/
Old 20 Jul 2001, 09:48 (Ref:119560)   #15
Rob Hogenmiller
Rookie

Rob Hogenmiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That had to be the best one lap to go race(Cleveland Atlantics) I've ever seen. Does anyone have it recorded?
Old 20 Jul 2001, 16:27 (Ref:119708)   #16
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
did you see it live ....if you did, atleast you have a memory of it .....
Old 20 Jul 2001, 16:50 (Ref:119713)   #17
Rob Hogenmiller
Rookie

Rob Hogenmiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not in person, just caught the airing on ESPN2 or ESPN. Ya I'll probably never forget that. I can still picture Joey Hand going on the outside just as fast thru the water puddles.

Crazy Stuff. Loved his outlook after the race.

I figured we were both going down, but hey He's and second I'm in tenth in the points. I'm thinking go for it. Who cares.

Not verbatim, but the general words spoken.
Old 21 Jul 2001, 02:03 (Ref:119836)   #18
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
it certainly was an amazing race Rob ..but that last lap just capped it off..unfortunately I taped over my copy with the toronto lites round..wish I hadnt now