Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 21 Jun 2005, 00:41 (Ref:1335337)   #1
thejester
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington
thejester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Record numbers online

Thought for sure we'd have broken the record for members online after Sunday! Saw a whole lot of newly born rookies. Do we know how close we got? And whether 'Indy shame' scored some kind of record as maybe 'Hottest Thread over a 24 hour period'.

...looking for a silver lining,
tj
Old 21 Jun 2005, 00:44 (Ref:1335340)   #2
DKGandBH
Veteran

DKGandBH has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
It certainly created a lot more conversation than any other race in the last few years.

DKGandBH
Old 21 Jun 2005, 08:44 (Ref:1335565)   #3
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Number of simultaneous users did not beat our "high score". Monitoring the server just after the GP finished shows we were hitting load peaks around 10 times our normal load and well within the capabilities of our infrastructure, unlike some other boards who suffered server failure due to increased usage.

Looking at 24hr traffic figures we displayed roughly double our normal page displays for a Sunday, this did mean a noticable peak as we calculate from midnight to midnight and the GP finished at roughly 9pm our time, so it looks like in the three hours from 9pm to midnight we shipped a days worth of traffic.

New user registrations were also double our Sunday average, and this continued on Monday with a similar number of registrations.
Old 21 Jun 2005, 09:20 (Ref:1335578)   #4
thejester
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington
Cool, thanks magnetOn, appreciate that.

One more thing was there an event that triggered our current high score, or was it a fluke of some kind.

Thanks,
tj
Old 21 Jun 2005, 09:25 (Ref:1335589)   #5
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejester
One more thing was there an event that triggered our current high score, or was it a fluke of some kind.
I can't honestly remember!
Old 21 Jun 2005, 10:17 (Ref:1335635)   #6
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Most users ever online was 687, 24 May 2005 at 13:47.

Lunchtime on a tuesday? Hmmms
my kinda people!

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 21 Jun 2005, 12:19 (Ref:1335758)   #7
Hip Priest
Racer

Hip Priest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The reason that ten-tenths has attracted a whole load of new rookies is that the rival forum www.motorsportforums.com seems to have crashed. Rather unfortunate that a racing discussion forum should encounter problems directly after the biggest talking point in racing for years!

Anyway, i'm one of the refugees from the other forum, and i like what i see at ten-tenths, so keep up the good work!
Old 21 Jun 2005, 12:29 (Ref:1335773)   #8
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip Priest
Anyway, i'm one of the refugees from the other forum, and i like what i see at ten-tenths, so keep up the good work!
Nice to see you join us, I hope you enjoy your stay at Tenths and become a regular visitor
Old 21 Jun 2005, 17:46 (Ref:1336217)   #9
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
BillyT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip Priest
The reason that ten-tenths has attracted a whole load of new rookies is that the rival forum www.motorsportforums.com seems to have crashed. Rather unfortunate that a racing discussion forum should encounter problems directly after the biggest talking point in racing for years!

Ah welcome BBB
Old 22 Jun 2005, 00:27 (Ref:1336631)   #10
thejester
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar
Most users ever online was 687, 24 May 2005 at 13:47.

Lunchtime on a tuesday? Hmmms
my kinda people!
How bizarre...

Anyway, thanks guys, welcome Hip Priest and the other refugees
Old 22 Jun 2005, 00:51 (Ref:1336641)   #11
Antrodemus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington, NZ
Antrodemus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cougar - Step Away From The Lunch Cart...

And that is 1347 GMT+1 of course
Down our way that's just after midnight on the Wednesday morning. A day and a half after a ChampCar race according to the calendar... still doesn't explain much

Welcome to all the TT newbies and good to see all MagnetOn's & Ep's forward planning paying off!
Old 22 Jun 2005, 22:21 (Ref:1337734)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Perhaps the USGP didn't quite achieve it because so many of our members were in the middle of France away from a computer?