Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 1 Jul 2005, 22:29 (Ref:1345053)   #26
KennyG
Racer

KennyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepatic
But it hasn't worked recently has it Ken? I saw you on both the VSCC and BTCC meetings and we got nowt! Does that mean your magnets are storing their power for this weekend, or was there someone on post who was using the same polarity and so cancelling you out?
Its when Nadine is within lens distance. I'm sure the magnetic cancellation theory comes into effect. I need lots of action with marshals looking heroic dragging drivers from their cars, even if nowt's wrong. A quick blast with a fire extinguisher not only looks great on camera but does wonders for any driver needing a laxitive.

Professional Motorsport Photographer
Old 2 Jul 2005, 22:00 (Ref:1345621)   #27
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was at Oulton today, not marshalling, I was taking photo's instead. What a cracking day and there was some great racing. I have uploaded some photos and they can be found here
Old 2 Jul 2005, 22:27 (Ref:1345629)   #28
davey boy
Rookie

United Kingdom
Crewe, Cheshire
davey boy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a great day today very busy at druids and some good racing and a new marshal was shown everthing we have to deal with in 1 day fire, car in kitty litter and and also tyre wall. my qoute of the day was form a driver in the TR race when ask is he had a suspention proplem his reply was "No i thought the was more tarmac that there was but it was grass, it dint go as planed" (or close to that). cant wait for the 23rd more for and and brians left in the pits
Old 2 Jul 2005, 22:30 (Ref:1345630)   #29
Andrew Palmer
Veteran

England
Peterborough
Andrew Palmer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have been back from Oulton for about an hour by now.

What a great days racing, I would like to thank those on Island for their company today.

Well done MGCC and Marshals of Oulton Park see you again next year.
Old 2 Jul 2005, 22:39 (Ref:1345632)   #30
davey boy
Rookie

United Kingdom
Crewe, Cheshire
davey boy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davey boy
What a great day today very busy at druids and some good racing and a new marshal was shown everthing we have to deal with in 1 day fire, car in kitty litter and and also tyre wall. my qoute of the day was form a driver in the TR race when ask is he had a suspention proplem his reply was "No i thought the was more tarmac that there was but it was grass, it dint go as planed" (or close to that). cant wait for the 23rd more for and and brians left in the pits

Brains not brains (never make a observer with spelling like that)
Old 2 Jul 2005, 23:25 (Ref:1345642)   #31
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Unusually poor driving standards in most races today with no apparent action taken by the Clerk (Or if he did, there was no feedback)

However, as usual a very well organised meeting.
Old 3 Jul 2005, 07:57 (Ref:1345802)   #32
KennyG
Racer

KennyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I did warn everyone and you knew what was coming.

It all started at Druids as I suspected:

Deer Leap (close escape):

But the main event was at Lodge. There was a look of fear everyone's eyes when I turned up. One minute after arriving this guy speared the tyre wall right at the post:

As Arnie says, "I'll be back". Got some nice marshal action shots (plus some that are certainly not action) which now gives me enough to start the 2005 marshal gallery on my website. It will be up and running later this Sunday afternoon. Thanks for keeping an enjoyable day running folks.

Professional Motorsport Photographer
Old 3 Jul 2005, 10:30 (Ref:1345859)   #33
rumblefish
Rookie

United Kingdom
Wigan
rumblefish should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My thanks to Colin and Brian, who began the day by saying 'Nothing ever happens at Lakeside'. Cue TF upside down, and Vitesse (Have you ever seen a weirder looking vehicle?) doing excellent impression of a mobile waterfall!
Also regular evasive action in Cup race, as ZRs pointed directly at the post. Some excellent, close racing.
Thinking back, should I have told the driver in the TF to 'hang on for a moment', as he hung upside down by his belts. Probably not!
Old 3 Jul 2005, 13:40 (Ref:1345965)   #34
Andrew Palmer
Veteran

England
Peterborough
Andrew Palmer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Mitchell
Unusually poor driving standards in most races today with no apparent action taken by the Clerk (Or if he did, there was no feedback)
As I one of the last Marshal's to leave the circuit after having small sample of free beer and talking to JW I know that the C of C and the Stewarts where still talking to at least three drivers about the days events. This was an hour after most people had gone home.
Old 3 Jul 2005, 15:19 (Ref:1346033)   #35
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Unusually poor driving standards in most races today with no apparent action taken by the Clerk
I know our worst offender was penalised; see your PMs.
Old 3 Jul 2005, 17:36 (Ref:1346165)   #36
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He couldn't really have got away with that practice, could he? I think he was off the track for more laps than he was on it! Thanks MGCC for a cracking day's racing, and the free beveridges in the morning were very gratefully received. Looking forward to the next one already...
Old 3 Jul 2005, 18:53 (Ref:1346221)   #37
Davie-c
Racer

Scotland
Armadale,Scotland
Davie-c should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

First time I've done MG Car Club meeting and I thought it was brilliant.Will be back for more next year.Even won in the Marshals raffle which helped towards my fuel.
Car Scrutineer
BMMC Member
Old 3 Jul 2005, 19:11 (Ref:1346238)   #38
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:

However, as usual a very well organised meeting.
You must have spoken to the wrong person(s) because after trangressions at the post I was on feedback was given.

Old 3 Jul 2005, 19:22 (Ref:1346246)   #39
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davie-c
First time I've done MG Car Club meeting and I thought it was brilliant.Will be back for more next year.Even won in the Marshals raffle which helped towards my fuel.
Good to see you yesterday and safe journey down to the airfield later in the week.

Thank you MGCC for the entertaining day, early morning free tea and biscuit, post race drinks and raffle win - which I nearly missed.

Best moment of the day was the IO's briefing where the location of the facilities (toilets) was mentioned and it was politely pointed out to her that there was one behind her.

Also there was a driver who visited us twice and had her undivided attention the second time; I did ask if they had arranged a date..............

Old 3 Jul 2005, 19:31 (Ref:1346254)   #40
John Watson
Racer

England
Burgh on Bain - Lincolnshire
John Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A very big thank you to each and every one of you who helped to run yet another successful MGCC meeting. Your magnificient support and stirling efforts ensured that the meeting went smoothly and slickly as well as showing great patience at times.

Some issues with regards to driving standards etc. were dealt with long after the Observers had left, so I am sorry Mark you did not get the feedback that you wanted.
However this is not the place to discuss such matters, so if you want some information about any incidents, please pm me and I will get back to you.

As for you un-believers at the Observers briefing, I told you that you would be well on your way home by 17.55hrs. and that was after a can of beer and a natter! and you had a lunch break!

Finally I must appologise for the size of the grid in the last race, unusual for us, but I suppose it had to happen at least once.

We promise to do better when we visit Oulton Park next year, because we really enjoy the most friendly way we are treated.

John Watson - MG Car Club Chief Marshal
Old 4 Jul 2005, 12:15 (Ref:1346796)   #41
DaveStyles
Rookie

DaveStyles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi all..

I was driving in the TR race and I just wanted to say thanks for a grand day out...

I was battling with that TR2 in the race, and so consequently saw the new "waterfall vitesse" leave the track infront of us...

The car has been named "The Hearse", by certain drivers, but I think thats a bit of an inappropriate name for a race car meself...

anyway...

Just wanted to say thanks for clearing up all the mess that race 2 left on the circuit,... the track looked like a battlefield when we came round for our parade lap..
but was all nice again when the racing started..

thanks again..

Dave.
Old 4 Jul 2005, 18:53 (Ref:1347096)   #42
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyG
But the main event was at Lodge. There was a look of fear everyone's eyes when I turned up.
Turned up? Sneaked up!

Quote:
One minute after arriving this guy speared the tyre wall right at the post
Woke me up!

Quote:
It will be up and running later this Sunday afternoon.
We're still waiting.....
Old 4 Jul 2005, 19:50 (Ref:1347144)   #43
mini-mental
Rookie

United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
mini-mental should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayBee
Best moment of the day was the IO's briefing where the location of the facilities (toilets) was mentioned and it was politely pointed out to her that there was one behind her.

Also there was a driver who visited us twice and had her undivided attention the second time; I did ask if they had arranged a date..............
EEEh ... Cheeky!!! I did say I'd never done the post before. And for your information the drivers details are 42 / 31 / 8

Hope you had a good day. I know I did. Thanks to MGCC and all those at Shell (even the substitute Observer).

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyG
Got some nice marshal action shots (plus some that are certainly not action) which now gives me enough to start the 2005 marshal gallery on my website. It will be up and running later this Sunday afternoon. Thanks for keeping an enjoyable day running folks.
Looking forward to seing more Marshal shots. I don't know about the others, but I really appreciate your photo's and check your site all the time. Great pics, and I'll have to get some off you of us lot. Thanks
Old 4 Jul 2005, 23:24 (Ref:1347321)   #44
JohnD
Veteran

JohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's my Vitesse and it may be weird but so was the rear engined Cooper T51. And the aerofoiled Brabham BT26 . And the ground effect Lotus 78. And Ug's round stone with a hole in the middle. Innovation far enough from convention always looks weird.

I've posted my thanks to the Marshals in another thread (Oulton Brew-Up) but have no hesitation in repeating them. It might not have been water!
Thanks, guys.
John