Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Sep 2001, 18:50 (Ref:139755)   #1
Piquet
Racer

Piquet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why are the knives out for E.Jordan

I have seen a number of posts here & there about how EJ is or should be feeling now that HHF has qualified 4th. Just because HHF was fired does not mean EJ did not have good reason to do it. He was surely only doing what he considered best for the team & would not have taken the decision lightly, especially considering the disruption that is caused.

I like Eddie! - Jordan have a good Belgian record & I just hope they can expand that record tomorrow.

Good luck Eddie, Jean & Jarno!!
Old 1 Sep 2001, 19:11 (Ref:139764)   #2
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Re: Why are the knives out for E.Jordan

Quote:
Originally posted by Piquet
Just because HHF was fired does not mean EJ did not have good reason to do it.
Sure he had a good reason to do that !!!!

And I'm sure it is not related to his driving skills !

Go HHF !!!!! In a Prost !!!!!
Old 1 Sep 2001, 19:23 (Ref:139765)   #3
Piquet
Racer

Piquet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have nothing against HHF & hope he does well tomorrow - he's had a tough time recently - but everybody must realise that his moment of glory (in a Prost) will not last long!
Old 1 Sep 2001, 21:44 (Ref:139815)   #4
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I don't know about everyone else, but I find it quite amusingly ironic that Eddie Jordan sacked a driver who supposedly wasn't performing and replaced him with a driver who is hardly in his prime. And now the sacked driver is 4th in a pig of a car, and his replacement is 13th.
Old 1 Sep 2001, 23:23 (Ref:139879)   #5
I Ate Yoko Ono
Racer

I Ate Yoko Ono should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RalfsGirl,

Alesi is, signifantly, ahead of his equally talented, but more fashionable team mate, at only his second attempt in a team new to him, in an unfamiliar car, working with an unfamiliar race engineer, having completed minimal testing. This to me indicates that , had he the same amount of time at Jordan , he would easily out perform Jarno.

Everyone on this site has such a downer on Alesi. Ridiculous, the guy still has 2-3 good years left in him yet. If it remains wet or wet/dry tomorrow he'll leave Trulli choking in a wake of exhaust fumes. I can only assume many of you have only been watching F1 post mid 90s as otherwise you would not hold your excessively unjustified and low opinion of him.

You'll see (he says sticking his neck out massively. Please feel free to flame me tomorrow should I be proved wrong!!!!).
Old 1 Sep 2001, 23:38 (Ref:139898)   #6
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Is Alesi ahead of Trulli?
Old 2 Sep 2001, 00:01 (Ref:139909)   #7
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ono,

I'm in the bunch that think Alesi is great. And I had expressed in another thread my expectation of him making a huge drive tomorrow, specially if it rains. Frentzen being fired, and Alesi replacing him, are different subjects.

Eddie, whatever reason he had to fire Frentzen, was not right. I always liked Frentzen, and being at Jordan, I was pleased.

But Eddie is not anymore on my faves person in the circus.

I hope that Jean be as usual, noe at Jordan.

But, Frentzen really showed the man... EAT THAT EDDIE !!!
Old 2 Sep 2001, 01:56 (Ref:139953)   #8
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i ws dreaming last night of 57 varieties walking past the Jordan pits with his middle finger raised
Old 2 Sep 2001, 02:05 (Ref:139961)   #9
I Ate Yoko Ono
Racer

I Ate Yoko Ono should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
EJ runs a faux Irish team who will never progress beyond their present mediocrity. F1 would not miss EJ if he disappeared tomorrow in a cloud of BAR smoke.
Old 2 Sep 2001, 07:07 (Ref:139987)   #10
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I think that's a little harsh to EJ. He rubs a very good team and has the respect on many in the pitlane. You should remember that he worked his way into F1 through an extremely sucessful F3 then F3000 team!

As for HHf being fourth on the grid, you have to admit that it is largely due to being on the track right at the end of the session as a dry line was forming. In any other conditions he would not be there in the Prost. Lets at least be a little realistic!
Old 2 Sep 2001, 08:33 (Ref:139994)   #11
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

I'm being realistic.
Old 2 Sep 2001, 10:39 (Ref:140019)   #12
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by I Ate Yoko Ono
I can only assume many of you have only been watching F1 post mid 90s as otherwise you would not hold your excessively unjustified and low opinion of him.
In my case, that's quite true...I couldn't possibly have been watching F1 when Alesi first raced in 1989. If you look at my birthday on my profile, you'll see that I was 3 years old when he made his debut.

However, I know enough to know that he has been a victim of his own bad judgement. Signing for Ferrari instead of for Williams in 91 was the biggest mistake he ever made, and he himself has admitted as much. He caused his own decline, and while I wouldn't my opinion of him is low, I would say that I am sceptical when people say how good he is. If he proves it, I will stand corrected.
Old 2 Sep 2001, 14:03 (Ref:140055)   #13
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Well, he finished 6... good fight between him and Ralf...
Old 3 Sep 2001, 00:05 (Ref:140375)   #14
Sonatrap
Racer

Sonatrap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well, he finished 6... good fight between him and Ralf...
Old 3 Sep 2001, 05:51 (Ref:140455)   #15
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was so annoyed when HHF stalled
Old 3 Sep 2001, 13:04 (Ref:140585)   #16
francis
Rookie

francis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I reckon Ralf would have got past HHF in those last 3 laps if HHF had still been in the Jordan. HHF always did gives up too easily, whether he was in a Sauber a Williams or a Jordan.

Jean does NOT give up.
Old 3 Sep 2001, 13:06 (Ref:140587)   #17
francis
Rookie

francis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes - HHF has had lots of practice at stalling on the grid this year
Old 3 Sep 2001, 13:20 (Ref:140599)   #18
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jordan have been on a downward slide since the glory days of 1999, and must do something before they lose works Honda engines, like taking on Sato which would almost guarantee them. EJ is known for being a good politician and bargainer, so expect some moves to be made soon.

As for the race, my heart plummeted when HHF stalled, but one knew the moment of glory would be short, and in essence it wasn't surprising for it to fall apart.

I feel very sorry for Trulli. He has no luck at all. He works his way into fifth then BANG!, his engine blows. Sometimes it just isn't fair.

Great race from Alesi though.
Old 3 Sep 2001, 13:25 (Ref:140601)   #19
Champ69
Veteran

Champ69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alesi gave up pretty easy when Barrichello got by him with a few laps to go
Old 3 Sep 2001, 13:27 (Ref:140605)   #20
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by I Ate Yoko Ono
EJ runs a faux Irish team who will never progress beyond their present mediocrity. F1 would not miss EJ if he disappeared tomorrow in a cloud of BAR smoke.
Really?!
And who would than be playing drums at the Siverstone's post-race concert?

They may never be the champions, but they are the first ones that have shaked "a big four".
Old 3 Sep 2001, 13:47 (Ref:140614)   #21
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Old 3 Sep 2001, 14:02 (Ref:140622)   #22
RussianFriend
Veteran

Russian Federation
Moscow, Russia
RussianFriend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know what it means to work with Irish boss and I consider my own position as the excellent training of the Cristian humility. I'm not fan of EJ, especialy after Frenzen's sack, but what I realy like in this team, they are different. In the world of Monopolia, then big car manufactorer are taking the power any independent team with its own style has its merit.
Old 3 Sep 2001, 15:54 (Ref:140650)   #23
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

But what will happen in 2003, when Honda take over BAR, and stop supplying engines for Jordan ? A new Minardi team at the back of the grid ?
Old 3 Sep 2001, 17:47 (Ref:140687)   #24
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
The way things are going at the moment maybe it will be Honda taking over Jordan and BAR will be the team alongside Minardi (possibly behind them)
Old 3 Sep 2001, 18:11 (Ref:140696)   #25
facco
Racer

facco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Ralf's Girl
I don't know about everyone else, but I find it quite amusingly ironic that Eddie Jordan sacked a driver who supposedly wasn't performing and replaced him with a driver who is hardly in his prime. And now the sacked driver is 4th in a pig of a car, and his replacement is 13th.
Quite strange, we do have the same perspective of the thing.