Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Sep 2001, 22:44 (Ref:141463)   #51
AGGY
Racer

AGGY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Minardi fan

Nonsense.

I was there. I watched the rain pour down before the session. Throughout it, the times began to tumble. Who was out at the end? JPM. Hence his time being 10 seconds quicker than the Minardis and Arrows who didn't get chance to do a dry run.

Pole is pole yes, and very impressive, but in the circumstances any of about 12 other drivers could have taken pole. JPM was out at the right time on the right tyres, and for that the team must take credit, but to give any more than that is just not looking at the facts.
Magnificent post...info i knew instinctively to be correct.

I guess we have to wait for Monza,for confirmation of Montoya`s brilliance.LOL.!!
Old 4 Sep 2001, 22:53 (Ref:141470)   #52
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally posted by Minardi fan

Nonsense.

I was there. I watched the rain pour down before the session. Throughout it, the times began to tumble. Who was out at the end? JPM. Hence his time being 10 seconds quicker than the Minardis and Arrows who didn't get chance to do a dry run.

Pole is pole yes, and very impressive, but in the circumstances any of about 12 other drivers could have taken pole. JPM was out at the right time on the right tyres, and for that the team must take credit, but to give any more than that is just not looking at the facts.
Wait a minute - weren't there 17 cars out on the track when the yellows were allegedly waved? The ones that Ron Dennis was protesting against? MF, we don't get to watch quals here(damn!!), and you were lucky enough to be there , so please tell us exactly what happened in the final 3 minutes. Thanks. Lots of detail - I'm hoping for two paragraphs please.

Last edited by Valve Bounce; 4 Sep 2001 at 22:55.

Tags
jpm