Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 27 Mar 2006, 23:05 (Ref:1562811)   #26
asha
Veteran

asha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it looks like it went about 10metres in the air. lucky not to be under it when it landed!
Old 28 Mar 2006, 03:24 (Ref:1562956)   #27
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
TV didn't show the exact start of the accident, but it was in the very fast 2nd or 3rd last corner. So probably the big horizontal speed converted partially in vertical speed when the bike somersaulted or found a obstable to its movement (the tyres gripping the ground laterally perhaps) .

A little bit as in long jump in athletics (not the same in high jump, though).

I really don't know for sure, I'm just thinking aloud. I'd like to see the first part of this curious crash.

BTW, in this corner Capirossi, in his pole lap, got really sideways. It was *very ballsy*, those corners in Jerez can become very nasty if something goes wrong (ask poor Donnelly, for instance). F1 cars don't venture there these years, going through an alternative chicane.
Old 28 Mar 2006, 03:49 (Ref:1562971)   #28
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I noticed also that Pdog (Pedrossa :P) reminds me of Doohan a little bit the way he took some of the corners. But he has a very precise style.

Notice how coming off all the turns the bike was straight up almost right away? As opposed to Loris who'd light it up and get it sideways. There was such a marked differnce in styles my head is still spinning.

He also did the rossi thing and put his left foot down at the chicane before tucking it under when he actually took the corner.
Old 28 Mar 2006, 04:23 (Ref:1562979)   #29
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
I saw the foot thing too, interesting remark, Hazza. BTW, what is the "chicane" in Jerez? Was the foot thing in the approach to last corner instead?

Eurosport commentators compares Pedrosa's way to Lawson's. Maybe he is a bit like Mick Doohan on the track and like Steady Eddie off the track. I really would love if this season develops as the classics years Spencer vs Lawson.

Of course Rossi is a hare like Spencer, although they are diiferent in the way they "produce" races: Spencer was a fast starter and smashed from the very beginning IIRC, Rossi sometimes uses a gradual approach. Lawson was very steady and smart, a bit "Prost-ish". Spencer was a rapid comet who graciously appeared to us, Lawson however proceeded to win 4 titles.

I don't have info about how Agostini raced, I'd like to know, he was/is such a legend.
Old 28 Mar 2006, 04:54 (Ref:1562990)   #30
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, you're right. I meant the hairpin. I was thinking about the F1 chicane when I posted.

It's obvious now that he's fast, it's just a matter of if he can keep up with Vale.

Ooooh the anticipation
Old 28 Mar 2006, 08:09 (Ref:1563098)   #31
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Think that Dani is just doing the right thing by picking hte bike up out of corners, every rider in GP should be doing it really!

But its quite hard to do coz the bike dont wanna do it! He clearly has the bikie setup very well already to be able to doi this and in the long run when he gets fitter its gonna help him with tyre life too.

He was spinning it up aswell though, but not as much as Loris who was allowed byt eh traction control to spin the tyre a little bit, Ducati have the most complex TC system and it clearly allows a level of spin the the rider..

If you can do get on the GP site and see about fastest laps, guys like Hopkins and Shinya right there on speed but they still cant seem to susatin it for the race. Interesting though that this time it clearly isnt a Bridgey thing coz Loris won! The Suzuki still seesm to drift away, only other thing is maybe Bridgey are putting all their eggs in one basket and making tyres that only work well on the Dukes!! THey are Marlboro backed, Italian, using same tyres as Ferrari...
Old 28 Mar 2006, 08:59 (Ref:1563137)   #32
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Ant West deserves kudos for his ride in the 250s. He absolutely rode the wheels off an underpowered / undertyred bike to maintain 6th place ahead of several factory bikes until a sparkplug broke with 4 laps to go.