Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 27 Apr 2006, 05:12 (Ref:1595930)   #551
MRKEENASMUSTARD
Rookie

MRKEENASMUSTARD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Me gets the feeling Woolleys about to shut this page down again.......or me if I get any more tickets for suggesting bad things........ Perhaps I will be encouraged to join Fogg in Gore on the diesel pump.
Old 27 Apr 2006, 05:17 (Ref:1595931)   #552
sov12
Rookie

sov12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRKEENASMUSTARD
OK heres the predictions, Kane will win in court & be crowned at the NZ sports awards in December 2008, Fogg will win the popular driver of the season award & his prize will be getting to drive next season in the pre 65 class in his Morris 1300 landcrab (which will be his best offer by far trust me) In addition he will also win a spot with MSNZ replacing Robbo who will be reported to have retired gracefully despite being seen pumping gas at a Caltex Station in downtown Gore.
Mustard,
Please dont pick on my birthplace. We, meaning us Goreits & Caltexs
good guy & pr man to the stars are proud of our heritage.
Do we have a Caltex in Gore.
Old 27 Apr 2006, 08:19 (Ref:1596017)   #553
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
OK heres the predictions, Kane will win in court & be crowned at the NZ sports awards in December 2008, Fogg will win the popular driver of the season award & his prize will be getting to drive next season in the pre 65 class in his Morris 1300 landcrab (which will be his best offer by far trust me) In addition he will also win a spot with MSNZ replacing Robbo who will be reported to have retired gracefully despite being seen pumping gas at a Caltex Station in downtown Gore.
Old 27 Apr 2006, 18:24 (Ref:1596427)   #554
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Me gets the feeling Woolleys about to shut this page down again.
I'm removing the obviously libellous stuff, and the warn button is now in use. Frankly, I and the rest of the sraff are bored with the daily pruning, multiple warnings being received and trying to decide what's discussion and what's trolling because too many people are treading a very fine line. To save myself the consideration any more I'll make the following statement for you to take on board. ANY attacks on anyone - poster, driver, team, officials or moderators will receive a warn. All other attempts to turn this into a DISCUSSION thread are falling on very deaf ears.
Old 27 Apr 2006, 19:11 (Ref:1596469)   #555
go the fords
Rookie

New Zealand
...Auckland
go the fords should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was starting to get a bit too tichey.....I could see Wooley banging his fist on the table.
I do think some on the posts were a bit to pointed and harsh. Best we get on with it in a more constructive and positive manor.
There must be lots of rumors around about teams and the changes that happen at the end on the season.
I have herd one Holden driver is thinking of comming over to the blue side.......smart man.........
Old 27 Apr 2006, 19:21 (Ref:1596480)   #556
MRKEENASMUSTARD
Rookie

Seriously Mr Woolley I dont disagree that personal attacks are not on however here in little old NZ (& Aus) us folks do by nature engage in humerous type banter boadering on rudeness whenever possible. Add to that a dose of emotion considering whats befallen our championship this year & whats been listed on this site recently is mild when compared to the talk on the town.
Old 27 Apr 2006, 19:57 (Ref:1596508)   #557
go the fords
Rookie

New Zealand
...Auckland
go the fords should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr KM we should take Woolley out on the "drinks" one nite. Like most Poms he might just be supprised about the amount of banter and removed autocensor dodge we give each other. He might start to enjoy it after a while. My new pommy tradsman who has been in NZ for 6 months is just starting to get into " our way " but still finds it hard.....hes comming right

Last edited by marcus; 28 Apr 2006 at 01:32.
Old 27 Apr 2006, 20:09 (Ref:1596516)   #558
MRKEENASMUSTARD
Rookie

& we can get him to sort the parity thing out too. Seriously we should start with equal compression ratios for both Ford & Holden ?
Old 27 Apr 2006, 20:49 (Ref:1596536)   #559
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to say that I heard one very leading ford driver till a little tech problem dropped him back a few places is looking to start a new team with a long time personal sponsor backing him there may be lots of changes this year
Old 27 Apr 2006, 21:04 (Ref:1596541)   #560
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by go the fords
Mr KM we should take Woolley out on the "drinks" one nite. Like most Poms he might just be supprised about the amount of banter and SH#t we give each other. He might start to enjoy it after a while. My new pommy tradsman who has been in NZ for 6 months is just starting to get into " our way " but still finds it hard.....hes comming right
Been there several times and coming back. I thoroughly enjoy a bit of banter over the odd Speights or Monteiths. You'd be equally surprised to know we do the same over here. However, this is not a pub, it's an international board, and your comments don't change a thing from my last post. This is not banter in this thread - the world over, libel and slander are described the same and as a forum we have to take action to try to prevent it, as well as personal attacks on all sides. This particular thread is taking up way too much of my time and I am bored at opening up my mail box to find ½ doz warns and a couple of complaining PMs, most of which I find I agree with. I also recognize autocensor dodges, and clearly so do you, else you'd have just typed the word instead of replacing it.

So, to restate, don't do it. Gently poking at my moderating however humourously isn't impressing me, and you should be aware that all of the staff have discussed this thread and are in agreement that the type of posting cannot be allowed to continue. This is literally the last public warning, and this thread has become a zero tolerance zone as we're no longer willing to try and work out if a thread is meant to be humorous or not. If it looks like an attack of any sort it will go, and it will be warned for.
Old 27 Apr 2006, 22:48 (Ref:1596594)   #561
Sausage
Rookie

New Zealand
Ekatahuna
Sausage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Keep it clean team!! If this thread is shut down we have lost free speech on
these issues that concern us all.
And....if it is shut down I will be forced to take my first Morris Dancing lesson at the Ekatahuna Car Club.

Old 27 Apr 2006, 23:24 (Ref:1596604)   #562
sov12
Rookie

sov12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Sausage]
And....if it is shut down I will be forced to take my first Morris Dancing lesson at the Ekatahuna Car Club.

Could you make enquiries please as to costs etc to form a Morris Dancing
Team. How many in a dancing team & any special uniforms/gear required.
Could be a good option for next year.
Maybe if we get well organised we can get some promo work done
thru AutoCar mag. Will we all have to provide a Morrie 1000 fully spec'd
& checked as a T car ?
Old 28 Apr 2006, 04:53 (Ref:1596684)   #563
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You would have a hell of a squad for the numbers you are used to dealing with in NZ V8's sov
Old 28 Apr 2006, 06:52 (Ref:1596710)   #564
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
BlueBlood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
& we can get him to sort the parity thing out too. Seriously we should start with equal compression ratios for both Ford & Holden ?
Whats the difference in comp ratios?

Who has what?
Old 28 Apr 2006, 07:18 (Ref:1596726)   #565
V8's rule
Racer

V8's rule should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBlood
Whats the difference in comp ratios?

Who has what?
The Falcon currently has 10.5:1, whilst the Holden has 10:1. The ford also has .020" greater valve lift
Old 28 Apr 2006, 08:04 (Ref:1596742)   #566
V8's rule
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingduck
I have to say that I heard one very leading ford driver till a little tech problem dropped him back a few places is looking to start a new team with a long time personal sponsor backing him there may be lots of changes this year
Hi Mr Flying Duck, welcome back to the NZ scene... Are you suggesting that John McIntyre is to drive for Talleys next season??? As you obviously have your 'beak' very close to the ground... does that also mean Shannon Obrien wont be back next year??? if that is indeed the case... would Team Talleys, new team manager be Clyde Collins??? So many questions so little answers...please help us out Mr Duck......By the way what is the latest on the HRT scuttle-buttle????????????
Old 28 Apr 2006, 08:14 (Ref:1596753)   #567
Sausage
Rookie

New Zealand
Ekatahuna
Mr V8's rule. You are obviously eluding to something that is within the inner sanctum. Can you plerase explain!!
Old 28 Apr 2006, 08:24 (Ref:1596759)   #568
Sausage
Rookie

New Zealand
Ekatahuna
----------
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 13:39:59 +1200
To: <amanda@dinniss.co.nz>
Subject: Memo re MotorSport Court of Appeal
Memo
Friday 28 April 2006
The MotorSport Court of Appeal will hear Kayne Scott’s appeal against the decision of the Stewards concerning illegal practice prior to the Pukekohe round on Friday May 5 at 4pm. The hearing will be held at MotorSport House, 69 Hutt Road, Wellington and is open to the media
Regards
Philip Dinniss
MotorSport NZ Media Manager
Old 28 Apr 2006, 08:32 (Ref:1596765)   #569
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
BlueBlood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8's rule
The Falcon currently has 10.5:1, whilst the Holden has 10:1. The ford also has .020" greater valve lift
Thanks for that.
Old 28 Apr 2006, 08:45 (Ref:1596770)   #570
V8's rule
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
Mr V8's rule. You are obviously eluding to something that is within the inner sanctum. Can you plerase explain!!
Mr Sausage, sorry old chap, perhaps Mr Flying Duck can help us both out?
Old 28 Apr 2006, 09:06 (Ref:1596786)   #571
Gherkin
Rookie

Australia
Sydney
Gherkin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
V8's rule you seem to know whats happen in NZ, whats the goss on HRT
Old 28 Apr 2006, 09:09 (Ref:1596791)   #572
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Right. You've been warned and warned and warned. You've decided not to listen. You've caused massive amounts of work for the moderators and have now put this site in a situation where there are threats of legal action.

I apologise to those who genuinely wish to discuss NZ motorsport. I'm afraid you'll need to find another forum that is prepared to put up with the behaviour of those who have ruined that opportunity for you here. It's very sad to note that, based on the postings, at least some of the protagonists are involved with the sport offline as well. I can only hope that their online behaviour is not an indication of how they behave in the "real world" or I suspect that NZ motorsport is not going to survive the experience.

Thread closed. No further discussion of NZ motorsport for the next 7 days. Anyone opening a thread on this subject, or trying to divert other threads onto the subject, will be summarily banned. No warning, no appeal.

In 7 days time we will review and if people still want to have a discussion, we'll try again. But at the first sign of a problem, the thread will be closed and Tenths will no longer be prepared to host any further discussions of NZ motorsport.

I'm very sorry to have to do this. It's a first in Tenths history and it's deeply sad that the naysayers in this thread care so little about the sport they profess to have an interest in that they would drag it into disrepute in such a public way.