Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 23 Jul 2006, 11:10 (Ref:1662662)   #76
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I’ve watched the programme a couple of times now and I’m impressed that FFmygale’s description was so accurate. Never mind being a racer, he should be an Observer!

Bruno clearly thought it was Duran’s fault, although he put it fairly mildly in the circumstances. It would have been useful to hear what Duran had to say.

The other thing I found interesting was to compare the similar overtaking attempts down the straight. Gonzales went round the outside of Morgado without making contact in race 1, so it can be done but full marks go to Mike Conway and Oli Jarvis for their efforts in race 2. Conway got Oli beautifully around the outside on lap one, but Oli so nearly repaid the compliment down the inside after the re-start. In all those cases the driver on the inside stayed there and didn't try to move across to take the racing line.

But then when Valerio tried it around the outside on Duran, also in race 2, that also ended in tears, although the contact was at the second part of the Esses, rather than flat out down the straight. I reckon relations between Brazil and Mexico would have hit an all-time low last weekend!

PS Do you think Conway might actually smile if and when he wins the title?
Old 23 Jul 2006, 14:20 (Ref:1662749)   #77
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
conway always acts like an arrogant wee man when he is winning. cant see him having anything to be arrogant about when he has to move out of british f3 though. the championship isnt half as important as it used to be.
Old 23 Jul 2006, 16:49 (Ref:1662814)   #78
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Hubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider
PS Do you think Conway might actually smile if and when he wins the title?
Not a chance......