Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Closed Thread

Old 27 Jun 2008, 16:17 (Ref:2238830)   #76
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've just been browsing the championship table, just how close is this year's championship!
Old 28 Jun 2008, 15:00 (Ref:2239287)   #77
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg7aa
I've just been browsing the championship table, just how close is this year's championship!
I agree, it's been terrific! The Maseratis, Corvettes and Astons (and even the Saleen in the Adria race) seem very well balanced and this bodes well for the rest of the season. As good as the Lambo looked in the last LMS race, they may even get into the act!

DK
Old 28 Jun 2008, 17:02 (Ref:2239328)   #78
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Look, I know I'm not the greatest GT fan, but I'll still take GT racing over over non LMP formulas.

In spite of this, I've actually seen more BTCC and DTM events than FIA GT, part of this is down to them being on Motors TV (DTM), but I somehow find myself being more aware of a BTCC weekend than FIA GT. This can't be right for someone who vistits DSC and this website etc.

Often, this season, the first I've seen of FIA GT was the GT3/4 highlights on Motors TV, FIA GT is doing it's best to miss my, personal, radar.

Considering I watch LMS/ALMS, but also FIA GT3 (highlights, Motors TV), International Open GT, Belcar, Dutch Supercar, even Britcar (Sky Sports World Motorsport), it appears to me FIA GT's TV package is misssing the mark.

Last edited by JAG; 28 Jun 2008 at 17:05.
Old 28 Jun 2008, 18:13 (Ref:2239353)   #79
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Subaru_WRX_STi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
the new 2 hours format seems to be doing well, close racing in both GT1 and GT2, and more media coverage, and yes MotorsTV isn't showing it, but you can follow the SRO series elswhere !
Old 28 Jun 2008, 19:42 (Ref:2239378)   #80
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Personally, I'd say the media coverage is at it's lowest since BPR GT in '93/94.

IMO, a 1 hour highlights package on World Motor Sport (Sky Sports) would be more benficial, with the actual races being 3hr's plus.

Somethings missing, but I can't put my finger on it, the series seems to have dropped off the media radar, more worringly, even on dedicated sportscar websites.
Old 29 Jun 2008, 11:12 (Ref:2239619)   #81
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
Look, I know I'm not the greatest GT fan, but I'll still take GT racing over over non LMP formulas.

In spite of this, I've actually seen more BTCC and DTM events than FIA GT, part of this is down to them being on Motors TV (DTM), but I somehow find myself being more aware of a BTCC weekend than FIA GT. This can't be right for someone who vistits DSC and this website etc.

Often, this season, the first I've seen of FIA GT was the GT3/4 highlights on Motors TV, FIA GT is doing it's best to miss my, personal, radar.

Considering I watch LMS/ALMS, but also FIA GT3 (highlights, Motors TV), International Open GT, Belcar, Dutch Supercar, even Britcar (Sky Sports World Motorsport), it appears to me FIA GT's TV package is misssing the mark.
If you are watching BTCC, then you are clearly watching ITV4.
So why aren't you watching the GTs on ITV4 too?

Or is it more that you are unaware of the race calendar, so aren't watching TV on those weekends?
Old 29 Jun 2008, 14:28 (Ref:2239705)   #82
JAG
Veteran

England
I'm aware of BTCC weekends because I always check ITV Teletext Motorsport news, there's always a BTCC news story on their.

If I wasn't already aware, there's also LMS/ALMS stories, usually revolving around Audi (Presumably PR from Audi UK).

Very rarely do I see something about FIA GT.

FIA GT need to issue press releases, or get manufactuers to do so.
Old 29 Jun 2008, 18:35 (Ref:2239905)   #83
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There is no mention of the Oscherleben qualifying or race on ITV4 or Men & Motors and no mention of GT3 either.

Tom.
Old 29 Jun 2008, 20:05 (Ref:2239975)   #84
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not talking about Adria anymore are we?

Closing time.

ITV4's shown all but one race live so far - the coverage is certainly up on last year at the moment, but as Airbus points out - if they've dropped Oschersleben that's not good news - it clashes with F1 of course.

Continue the TV talk in Oschersleben or Armchair if necessary.

Last edited by Hazard; 29 Jun 2008 at 20:08.
Closed Thread