Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 3 Aug 2010, 18:05 (Ref:2738899)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
OK, So What Do We Talk About Between Last Year's Le Mans and Next Year's.....?

In the month of June, activity on the LM sub-forum is non-stop. The stats we produce here in that one month prove just what we all know about the attraction of Le Mans. But when it's gone for another year the posts (and posters) drift away and we're lucky right now to get half a dozen additions to threads a week.

So, do we just

?

Or do you guys out there have any other clever ideas for keeping things alive in here during the 'close season'.......?
Old 3 Aug 2010, 18:14 (Ref:2738909)   #2
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Right now there's (sadly) such a lot of mid season ennui in the main sportscar and GT board I can see why a lot of people are hanging up their keyboards until things settle.

I reckon once we get towards autumn (around Silverstone time) we'll start to build a bit of enthusiasm for next June, get our heads down, and get on with things.

In the meantime, how about other things to do when you're there? Personally this year I loved going to Villandry on Friday afternoon - fantastic quiet drive down the backroads and (ducks for cover) a lovely shady garden once you got there.

The other option might be which race highlights do you sneakily put on - even although it's not long since you were there? I've long been partial to 1999, but recently discovering the 1983 ones has been a nice find.

Thoughts?
Old 3 Aug 2010, 20:50 (Ref:2739005)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Two good ideas, Ian

May I invite you to start the threads?

(PS 'mid-season ennui' - is that what it is? I was wondering )
Old 4 Aug 2010, 08:00 (Ref:2739237)   #4
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We could start the The Le MansTotally Useless Information Thread. For instance, yesterday, my good old kit BAM-X of the Porsche K3 Numéro Réservé, I built 30 years ago, felt from the shelf and broke into a 1000 pieces.
Old 4 Aug 2010, 08:50 (Ref:2739254)   #5
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JLOC... nah they've redeemed themselves...

hmm... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Ah we could talk about the Jaguar!

Or failing that what about waffles or pancakes?
Old 4 Aug 2010, 14:56 (Ref:2739403)   #6
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
We could dedicate each day to one lap of the 2010 race and discuss the goings on of that lap.

I'll start. What was your favourite moment in lap one? I liked the Space Odyssey theme being played and Allan McNish giving the Peugeots a hard time.
Old 4 Aug 2010, 15:27 (Ref:2739414)   #7
porman
Veteran

porman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I suppose women in bikinis would be inappropriate?
Old 4 Aug 2010, 17:33 (Ref:2739461)   #8
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
To be serious and running everybody's fun, i believe the 2011 rules, the new 2011 cars and everything that happens will fill up quite nicely .
Especially talk about the GT2 class, which will be joined by Lotus in 2012!
Old 4 Aug 2010, 17:58 (Ref:2739469)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
JLOC... nah they've redeemed themselves...

hmm... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Ah we could talk about the Jaguar!

Or failing that what about waffles or pancakes?

Of those, I definitely vote for the waffles and pancakes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by porman View Post
I suppose women in bikinis would be inappropriate?

Well, not necessarily, as long as the guys don't mind the female members talking about men in Speedos....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
To be serious and running everybody's fun, i believe the 2011 rules, the new 2011 cars and everything that happens will fill up quite nicely .
Especially talk about the GT2 class, which will be joined by Lotus in 2012!

I think that one gets a thread on it's own in due course......
Old 4 Aug 2010, 18:53 (Ref:2739495)   #10
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Two good ideas, Ian

May I invite you to start the threads?

(PS 'mid-season ennui' - is that what it is? I was wondering )
Cheers Ayse - will cheerfully start such threads - ideal way of dealing with chronic insominia in Singapore!
Old 5 Aug 2010, 15:15 (Ref:2739876)   #11
Hursty
Rookie

Hursty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know what you mean Ayse about the lack of threads. Since my return in June, I read all and have contributed little. On a positive not, in two weeks time, I'm off to La Rochelle, and three quarters of that route will take me from Dover/Calais, (long way round I know), through Rouen and past La Sarthe. I wonder if the family will mind a trip to Arnage in memory of them going a few years back. Oooooh, goosebumps!
Mike.
Old 5 Aug 2010, 16:04 (Ref:2739905)   #12
porman
Veteran

porman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
La Rochelle should be nice. I happily made my brother-in-law eats his words about Grey Goose not being French when we passed a factory en-route to La Rochelle. I enjoy little victories.
Old 5 Aug 2010, 16:35 (Ref:2739918)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hursty View Post
I know what you mean Ayse about the lack of threads. Since my return in June, I read all and have contributed little. On a positive not, in two weeks time, I'm off to La Rochelle, and three quarters of that route will take me from Dover/Calais, (long way round I know), through Rouen and past La Sarthe. I wonder if the family will mind a trip to Arnage in memory of them going a few years back. Oooooh, goosebumps!
Mike.

'Mind'?

Surely it has to be done, Mike?
Old 5 Aug 2010, 20:26 (Ref:2740018)   #14
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
taking about pancakes, i had a grand marnier crepe this year, it must be 5 years since this last one and after declining the sugar and jam drenched it in grand marnier, it was perfect.

I am afraid my posting will be a little more limited from now on as my wonderful bank has now blocked all forums so posting wll be impossible during the day, what will i do now i suppose I might actually do a little work.
Old 5 Aug 2010, 20:29 (Ref:2740020)   #15
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
taking about pancakes, i had a grand marnier crepe this year, it must be 5 years since this last one and after declining the sugar and jam drenched it in grand marnier, it was perfect.

I am afraid my posting will be a little more limited from now on as my wonderful bank has now blocked all forums so posting wll be impossible during the day, what will i do now i suppose I might actually do a little work.
I miss pancakes, as i can't have any because of my lactose intolerance .

sucks with your bank. But what you do is buying a smartphone (preferable iPhone), and use that instead to write in here
Old 5 Aug 2010, 20:36 (Ref:2740026)   #16
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Wrotten sods have also blocked it on my blackberry aswell.

Still have plenty of time to find a way around it.
Old 5 Aug 2010, 23:40 (Ref:2740109)   #17
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
I miss pancakes, as i can't have any because of my lactose intolerance .
Hey! How about we post recipes for pancakes made without milk? Nah! This would turn into a foodie paradise if we did!

DK
Old 6 Aug 2010, 08:16 (Ref:2740241)   #18
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
Hey! How about we post recipes for pancakes made without milk? Nah! This would turn into a foodie paradise if we did!

DK
Uh i support this .
But we do have the blessing of an admin to go food crazy
Old 6 Aug 2010, 08:40 (Ref:2740249)   #19
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post

DK
As far as I'm concerned, the annual visit to LM already is a food paradise. It's one of the reasons that gets me travelling there every year.
Old 6 Aug 2010, 08:42 (Ref:2740250)   #20
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hursty View Post
Mike.
I did exactly that on a family holiday to the Loire Valley back in the late eighties.
Old 7 Aug 2010, 09:49 (Ref:2740867)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
I never even notice sugar and jam.......

Quote:

I've been in that boat for several year's now since we were banned from accessing boards like this at work. I used to spend most of my lunchhours here (and other times too!).
Old 8 Aug 2010, 06:32 (Ref:2741252)   #22
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:

I always have a GM crepe but this year we didnt find the stand - where was it?
Old 8 Aug 2010, 07:50 (Ref:2741261)   #23
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I always have a GM crepe but this year we didnt find the stand - where was it?

I'm trying to remember now Mal! Obviously in the Village, on the walk through between Dunlop and the open shopping area, with the odd tree in the middle. It was on the left hand side as you walked through towards the pits. I can't particularly remember what was near it, apart fom some bins! I don't think it was all that far from our tree.......
Old 9 Aug 2010, 07:13 (Ref:2741731)   #24
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I'm trying to remember now Mal! Obviously in the Village, on the walk through between Dunlop and the open shopping area, with the odd tree in the middle. It was on the left hand side as you walked through towards the pits. I can't particularly remember what was near it, apart fom some bins! I don't think it was all that far from our tree.......
Thanks - but it doesn't really help me know unfortunately - I will have to look harder next year!
Old 9 Aug 2010, 20:57 (Ref:2742135)   #25
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You know, Waffles or Pancakes with ice cream is a joy.