Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 13 Feb 2011, 00:29 (Ref:2830306)   #1
PabloTeK
Racer

United Kingdom
Err... Can I have a sports question?
PabloTeK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
McLaren Moves in NASCAR (Sort of)

That's right people, NASCAR is finally going half high-tech with... injection! Seems to be getting some of the older-school fans going as apparently it's not what NASCAR is about (although how log has it been since these cars were actually factory-spec?) and the usual worries from some fans of cheating etc have flared up, good idea or not? I think so...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/89436
Old 13 Feb 2011, 00:39 (Ref:2830312)   #2
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Does cheating mean the same thing as being better than everyone else? I'm sure Ernie Elliott could find a few more horses than the rest of them.

It's about time; carbs are soooo 1970s. Welcome to the 90s, NASCAR.
Old 13 Feb 2011, 00:43 (Ref:2830315)   #3
PabloTeK
Racer

United Kingdom
Err... Can I have a sports question?
PabloTeK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm guessing they fear TCS and the like, but knowing what the F1 ECUs are like, they're not going anywhere fast!
Old 21 Feb 2011, 01:56 (Ref:2834443)   #4
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Bob Riebe User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Does cheating mean the same thing as being better than everyone else? I'm sure Ernie Elliott could find a few more horses than the rest of them.

It's about time; carbs are so 1970s. Welcome to the 90s, NASCAR.
Why, what difference will it make?

There are now five hundred percent more high performance carburetor companies outt here make money, than there were in the seventies, so that analogy is bogus.

At least the carb. were of the same style actually once used on production engines.

It will be interesting to see how this works out and I do hope some teams learn the unfair advantage, to the point that it is a runaway. That will have NASCAR steaming.
Old 27 Feb 2011, 12:21 (Ref:2837450)   #5
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Being this the McLaren topic (sort of):

Lewis Hamilton and Tony Stewart will swap cars for some demo laps during the NASCAR event at Watkins Glen later this season.

Now I understand why Tony lost weight this winter.