Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 31 Jan 2012, 07:55 (Ref:3019283)   #601
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Mr Revhead has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I dunno what prompted the rethink of layout, whether is was safety or speed.
But having the thing that changes weight close to the CoG makes for a much better handling car. Even better if you can even the weight balance out by using a transaxle.
Then again thats pretty simple stuff I'm sure 99% of you know
Old 31 Jan 2012, 08:01 (Ref:3019284)   #602
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Revhead View Post
As I posted earlier the Fuel tank is not inside the cabin.
The bulkhead extends over it to enclosed it outside the cabin.
There 2 removable covers to access fittings in the top.
Which will be less risk than currant cars that have fuel and oil lines running through the cabin.
So your implications of a fire hazard due to the above scenarios are not valid.
If I were you I would read my post again, I never talked about fire inside the car, I said from under the car. If you look at the photos again, you will see that the driver is nearly sitting on a bomb.
Old 31 Jan 2012, 08:08 (Ref:3019286)   #603
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Fuel cells are not bombs.
if the tanks rupture, under the boot, or under the rear floor is not going to make stuff all difference.
The chances of a big crash damaging the tank in respective locations?
Pretty easy to see that at the rear is worse.
Old 31 Jan 2012, 08:21 (Ref:3019291)   #604
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerH View Post
This is what was said on TV3 tonight : "While Fogg is likely to change camps to Holden ..."
wonder why?
Old 31 Jan 2012, 08:22 (Ref:3019292)   #605
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
Fuel cells are not bombs.
if the tanks rupture, under the boot, or under the rear floor is not going to make stuff all difference.
The chances of a big crash damaging the tank in respective locations?
Pretty easy to see that at the rear is worse.
One crash and now it's to unsafe to have in the boot of the car? after how many years??? I would rather the bomb in my backyard than under my bed.
Old 31 Jan 2012, 08:24 (Ref:3019294)   #606
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Who said unsafe? Stop talking like a politician.
And one crash? Been more than one that split the fuel cell. And several others that caused huge damage to it.
And I can recall two more that resulted in a huge fire and near serious injuries
Old 31 Jan 2012, 08:56 (Ref:3019303)   #607
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
Who said unsafe? Stop talking like a politician.
And one crash? Been more than one that split the fuel cell. And several others that caused huge damage to it.
And I can recall two more that resulted in a huge fire and near serious injuries
There is a lot you can do to make it safer in the boot than just moving it. When we are talking split fuel cells i'm talking SCs. I am not talking like a politician it's called having an opinion. Is that not aloud on here anymore Mr Revhead??? are you going to boot me of the site tell me to bugger off?
Old 31 Jan 2012, 09:56 (Ref:3019316)   #608
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Hey you were the one twisting my words to say I was calling it unsafe.
Which I didn't. So take the correction like a man.

Or bugger off
Old 31 Jan 2012, 10:17 (Ref:3019321)   #609
Point2
Rookie

Point2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Back on topic lads.

So with foggy eyeing up a ST ride, what will happen in the coming season?
I see mckenzie's BA ( cough AU) is up for sale as a roller,
Knights, Manuells also for sale.

Some good cars going for reasonable dollars.
Old 31 Jan 2012, 10:17 (Ref:3019322)   #610
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
wonder why?
Yeah, strange eh, considering they are the same cars for all intents and purposes (the Fords/Holdens)! May mean he would have different sponsors?

Last edited by Goat Boy; 31 Jan 2012 at 10:28.
Old 31 Jan 2012, 10:19 (Ref:3019324)   #611
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Point2 View Post
Back on topic lads.

So with foggy eyeing up a ST ride, what will happen in the coming season?
I see mckenzie's BA ( cough AU) is up for sale as a roller,
Knights, Manuls also for sale.

Some good cars going for reasonable dollars.
Maybe they end up in the V8ST understudy class??
Old 31 Jan 2012, 18:57 (Ref:3019490)   #612
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
no reason why they can't stay a NZV8
Old 31 Jan 2012, 19:33 (Ref:3019502)   #613
RogerH
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
RogerH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRogerH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
no reason why they can't stay a NZV8
What's the future of the MRX chassis now??
Old 31 Jan 2012, 20:11 (Ref:3019524)   #614
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
well not everyone would be able to afford a ST.. so all is not lost. although the lack of promotion for the new MRX chassis doesn't exactly put NZV8 on the right foot. Nick at MRX has been doing a good job of at least creating some interest in the new car. TMC/MSNZ not so much photos/videos of the new chassis should be all over NZV8's website and facebook page showing it off.. yet there's f-all. i think the only interior shots i've seen of the car was from it's speedshow unveiling last year. it's crazy! for the last 2 rounds TMC/MSNZ needs to drag a bare chassis, a ls3, a coyote, along with the completed car and let people know what their plans are. lunchtime joy rides aren't cutting it.
Old 31 Jan 2012, 20:38 (Ref:3019537)   #615
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
you don't need to spend a lot of money to create some interest Bargwanna testing at Ruapuna.. take a camera along.. post a few shots of the test on the NZV8 facebook page *shrugs* simple and costs nothing. TMC/MSNZ needs to get people interested in their events if they want to sell tickets.
Old 31 Jan 2012, 20:48 (Ref:3019541)   #616
RogerH
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
RogerH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRogerH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
you don't need to spend a lot of money to create some interest Bargwanna testing at Ruapuna.. take a camera along.. post a few shots of the test on the NZV8 facebook page *shrugs* simple and costs nothing. TMC/MSNZ needs to get people interested in their events if they want to sell tickets.
Maybe all this inaction on behalf of TMC/MSNZ is indicative of some of the previous issues that motivated some drivers, entrants and sponsors to move away.

Possibly the lack of action could be reflective of disharmony within the TMC ranks with three directors recently resigning (I think they were MSNZ directors so maybe they have seen the light - took them a while)

Sad thing is that $$ has been spent with the MRX car and even if it does get off the ground it looks as though it will be an inferior series to the ST guys who at least from a marketing and promotion perspective have TMC/MSNZ licked.

I fear there is going to be some financial suffering going on - I hope everyone gets paid ...........
Old 31 Jan 2012, 20:49 (Ref:3019544)   #617
harcey
Racer

harcey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
TMC hierarchy are tired and listless and lacking energy--to coin a phrase.
same as event director and his team of puppets.
unless a broom is used quickly to get rid of the lot and bring in fresh nothing will change.went to the southern tier 1 events-none of them looked like they wanted to be there.
Old 31 Jan 2012, 21:05 (Ref:3019548)   #618
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
I tell you mate, this is exactly what we were saying 4,5,6 years ago too. Nothing has changed which is probably why, as Roger alludes to, many of the former NZV8 entrants have walked. It is very frustrating watching something which has (or had) potential just sat-on and allowed to wither away while a few fat cats got paid their salaries and did not very much...
Old 31 Jan 2012, 21:06 (Ref:3019549)   #619
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Couldn't agree with you more Promax, it doesn't take much to get some interest going, and thats where this new CoTF project has failed, miserably. And sad thing is that some kiwis will loose money here, and thats no good whichever side of the fence you choose to sit on.

I dont see why the new MRX car cant be seen as the new car for the V8 Challenge Cup. Think of it this way, in oz they have the main game and the fujitsu series (although not called that anymore). But the main thing is they are still the same car.

To allow some kiwi made stuff in the competition why dont they keep building the MRX cars and plant the kiwi seq box in them but with the control ST engine (if that would work???) and run them as the feeder series to the ST main game. The plus of this is that you would have very similar cars both in appearance and performance. In my head this could work, but i know there will be bolitics (a cross between bollacks and polictics) that would stop this from working. But lets face it, the old cars are done for, so why not start from scratch and have everyone (the ST guys and the MRX guys) working together in harmony with the goal of simply creating an amazing series that is right up there globally.

I am well aware of the fact that i am dreamer but hey, this could work
Old 31 Jan 2012, 21:13 (Ref:3019554)   #620
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerH View Post
Sad thing is that $$ has been spent with the MRX car and even if it does get off the ground it looks as though it will be an inferior series to the ST guys who at least from a marketing and promotion perspective have TMC/MSNZ licked.
then don't promote it as direct competition to the ST keep pushing the kiwi/homegrown theme... rather than getting in a ****ing contest over who's got the fastest ride. obviously we still haven't seen the finished product yet.. and we don't how much hp will be thrown at the new car.. but a new shape Commodore/Falcon that is similar in speed to a GT3.. that makes all the nosies and is a lot cheaper than a ST kitset.. still holds some appeal.
Old 31 Jan 2012, 21:16 (Ref:3019556)   #621
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
I tell you mate, this is exactly what we were saying 4,5,6 years ago too. Nothing has changed which is probably why, as Roger alludes to, many of the former NZV8 entrants have walked. It is very frustrating watching something which has (or had) potential just sat-on and allowed to wither away while a few fat cats got paid their salaries and did not very much...
this "do nothing they'll come to us" attitude is going nowhere

crazy!
Old 31 Jan 2012, 21:20 (Ref:3019560)   #622
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
New car was on display and doing demo laps at ruapuna
Old 31 Jan 2012, 21:28 (Ref:3019564)   #623
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by harcey View Post
TMC hierarchy are tired and listless and lacking energy--to coin a phrase.
same as event director and his team of puppets.
unless a broom is used quickly to get rid of the lot and bring in fresh nothing will change.went to the southern tier 1 events-none of them looked like they wanted to be there.
footage of Barg's interview after driving the new car isn't being used? no doubt the MRX will have pics during various stages of the build that could be used. hell, even a incar vid of the new car would be helpful.. so everyone can see what the new car sounds like.

all this sort of stuff could be done without hiring or creating new job positions. most people have access to a digital camera.. they don't even need to hire a photographer.
Old 31 Jan 2012, 21:29 (Ref:3019566)   #624
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
New car was on display and doing demo laps at ruapuna
which is okay for those that were at Ruapuna
Old 31 Jan 2012, 21:31 (Ref:3019568)   #625
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
Couldn't agree with you more Promax, it doesn't take much to get some interest going, and thats where this new CoTF project has failed, miserably. And sad thing is that some kiwis will loose money here, and thats no good whichever side of the fence you choose to sit on.

I dont see why the new MRX car cant be seen as the new car for the V8 Challenge Cup. Think of it this way, in oz they have the main game and the fujitsu series (although not called that anymore). But the main thing is they are still the same car.

To allow some kiwi made stuff in the competition why dont they keep building the MRX cars and plant the kiwi seq box in them but with the control ST engine (if that would work???) and run them as the feeder series to the ST main game. The plus of this is that you would have very similar cars both in appearance and performance. In my head this could work, but i know there will be bolitics (a cross between bollacks and polictics) that would stop this from working. But lets face it, the old cars are done for, so why not start from scratch and have everyone (the ST guys and the MRX guys) working together in harmony with the goal of simply creating an amazing series that is right up there globally.

I am well aware of the fact that i am dreamer but hey, this could work
i'm not far away from jumping to the other side too