Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 12 Jun 2013, 17:36 (Ref:3261655)   #26
frostie
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Winner 2013
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
What frequency is RLM on? Im sure it's staring me in the face on the website but can only see for streaming online
Old 12 Jun 2013, 17:40 (Ref:3261661)   #27
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Normally it is 91.2
Old 12 Jun 2013, 17:41 (Ref:3261663)   #28
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
91.2FM
Old 12 Jun 2013, 18:24 (Ref:3261696)   #29
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I only came to Le Mans for the first time in 2011, after being obsessed with The Film since I was a kid. Somehow I never made the effort to get involved with sportscar racing and preferred F1 (). Then I went and it was like some kind of sleeping passion for LM/sportscar racing awoke in me - and a lot of that can be attributed to Radio Le Mans. Since then I've kind of followed them around, and so been introduced to stuff like Daytona, Bathurst and the N24 together with the ILMC-WEC and ELMS. So yeah, got a lot to be thankful to them for.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 18:27 (Ref:3261699)   #30
frostie
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Winner 2013
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
Thanks guys!
Old 12 Jun 2013, 19:17 (Ref:3261734)   #31
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Hope you are all listening to MWM on radio Le Mans
Old 12 Jun 2013, 19:40 (Ref:3261742)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nick Daman has (nearly) just bet a Rolex with Hindy that the pole time will be under 3:20 - Hindy doesn't agree......
Old 12 Jun 2013, 19:54 (Ref:3261748)   #33
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Nick Daman has (nearly) just bet a Rolex with Hindy that the pole time will be under 3:20 - Hindy doesn't agree......
Not only under 3:20, he sounded like he believed a new record could be set!
Old 12 Jun 2013, 20:00 (Ref:3261753)   #34
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Well, if that's true, the ACO won't be too pleased...
But it doesn't really matter, as it's the last year of these set of rules
Old 12 Jun 2013, 20:05 (Ref:3261754)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It does make for a mouthwatering thought of what the last minutes of qually on Thursday could be like if the Audis are let off the leash.......
Old 12 Jun 2013, 20:08 (Ref:3261757)   #36
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Speaking of RLM, I hope everyone has read this interview with Eve a.k.a. the resident Responsible Adult of Radio Le Mans: http://www.dailysportscar.com/?p=7691
Old 12 Jun 2013, 20:10 (Ref:3261759)   #37
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I think all the cars will be going flat out on the second part of thursday qualy, no one will hold back
Old 12 Jun 2013, 20:29 (Ref:3261766)   #38
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nick needs to look at the weather forecast before he starts betting.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 21:02 (Ref:3261783)   #39
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Speaking of RLM, I hope everyone has read this interview with Eve a.k.a. the resident Responsible Adult of Radio Le Mans: http://www.dailysportscar.com/?p=7691
really interesting article, thanks for posting the link
Old 12 Jun 2013, 21:04 (Ref:3261785)   #40
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
I think all the cars will be going flat out on the second part of thursday qualy, no one will hold back
I hope so, but pole is often set on Wednesday night and Thursday is more for race set up
Old 12 Jun 2013, 21:08 (Ref:3261786)   #41
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by valedave View Post
got a lot to be thankful to them for.
As have I, but to say it was RLM that made the race special is at best naive and really misses the point - what about the previous 64 years of history?
Old 12 Jun 2013, 21:41 (Ref:3261797)   #42
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I didnt say they did
Old 12 Jun 2013, 22:40 (Ref:3261824)   #43
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
As have I, but to say it was RLM that made the race special is at best naive and really misses the point - what about the previous 64 years of history?
I think this keeps a sense of perspective to things. It's absolutely fantastic to have RLM coverage at the track, and podcasted race coverage is tremendous for listening to in the car during the off season, but equally there are times when there's just as much pleasure to listening to the French commentary, which somehow has a certain level of extra energy to it, or even resorting to just looking at cars circulating and enjoying the ambience of the place.
Old 13 Jun 2013, 06:50 (Ref:3261931)   #44
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
I think this keeps a sense of perspective to things. It's absolutely fantastic to have RLM coverage at the track, and podcasted race coverage is tremendous for listening to in the car during the off season, but equally there are times when there's just as much pleasure to listening to the French commentary, which somehow has a certain level of extra energy to it, or even resorting to just looking at cars circulating and enjoying the ambience of the place.
I agree, but you really need three ears for that! One for RLM on your headphones, one for the sometimes very excitable French commentary and one for the ambient noise.

Like some others here, I've been going long enough to remember pre-RLM days, when you had to wait for the hourly english update on the circuit's P/A system - at least RLM means you're always up-to-date and, since reception's just about possible at our relatively remote campsite, it also means that I can get instantly up to date when I wake on Sunday morning*. The great pleasure of Radio Le Mans is that it conveys the feeling that it's a bunch of amateurs (in the literal sense of the word - they love what they're doing) who nevertheless work in a very professional way.

Incidentally, I also remember ?1985, when there were tv screens dotted around the place which showed the race positions.

* My apologies to those for whom it's unthinkable actually to want to sleep while at LM, let alone leave the circuit!
Old 13 Jun 2013, 08:17 (Ref:3261961)   #45
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Those screens only lasted a year I think' they were doted all over the place but some where beginning to fail by the end of the race as I remember
Old 13 Jun 2013, 12:55 (Ref:3262119)   #46
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post

Incidentally, I also remember ?1985, when there were tv screens dotted around the place which showed the race positions.
Timing screens are available in the bars of the ACO grandstands (17 and 18) and in the ACO members' area just after the Dunlop bridge on the inside of the circuit
Old 13 Jun 2013, 16:15 (Ref:3262190)   #47
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
For overseas visitors to Le Mans

For those coming from overseas and using an iPod with an FM radio, go into "settings" and make sure it's set to receive in Europe. In North America, at least, radio frequencies go up the dial by 0.2 at a time (eg. 91.1, 91.3, 91.5), but in Europe they go up by 0.1 due to more radio stations. This means that my iPod sometimes gets an opera program overlaying Radio Le Mans at some parts of poste 61 but usually it's wonderful.

Maybe this should be in the FAQs!
keke
Old 13 Jun 2013, 16:16 (Ref:3262193)   #48
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The first preview podcast - GTE - is up now on http://www.radiolemans.com/

Will download and listen to that once we get onto French soil I reckon.
Old 13 Jun 2013, 17:33 (Ref:3262218)   #49
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post

Did anyone actually say that Mal? It certainly wasn't what I was saying......
Old 13 Jun 2013, 17:58 (Ref:3262229)   #50
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Did anyone actually say that Mal? It certainly wasn't what I was saying......
Yes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
Can I dare to suggest that without RLM Le Mans would just be another motor race.