Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 29 May 2015, 14:11 (Ref:3542542)   #26
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Justin Bell, son of Derek, decent driver and even did a TV show. Whatever happened to?
Pit lane reporter for IMSA (I think?) recently. Seems he's pretty much retired from driving and is focusing on web and TV broadcasting stuff:
http://justin-bell-ucjj.squarespace.com/about/
Old 29 May 2015, 21:15 (Ref:3542680)   #27
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by haribo View Post
What ever happened to Lord Drayon and Jonny Cocker?

I know that they departed from their Lola to attempt to develop some sort of electric sportscar, but I've not heard anything since then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackteck View Post
i think cocker is racing in British gt with barwell, he also has his own tuning co.
Johnny Cocker was in the Team Russia by Barwell BMW Z4 at the Silverstone Blancpain Endurance race last weeekend.
Old 29 May 2015, 21:53 (Ref:3542690)   #28
Roninho
Racer

Roninho should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crooky View Post
Robert Doornbos?
He spend years in court. His former sponsor (Muermans) sued him for millions claiming that the sponsorship was actually not a sponsorship but a loan. Doornbos won the case earlier this year, but since he spend years on this his career is over.

Some of the info in the case was pretty bizarre. Doornbos and his manager were not in the meeting with red bull for a contract the testing role in f1. Muermans was doing the contract talks and Doornbos was waiting outside. At the end Muermans comes out of the meeting saying it is a deal! Doornbos and his manager happy. During the ride home/to the airport they then find out that Muermans agreed to pay like 7 million euro for the test gig @ red bull. Which Doornbos felt was more then enough to get an actual ride in f1 at another team.
Apparently Muermans (a project developer) was working on a big project in Austria and wanted the red bull connection badly.
Old 29 May 2015, 21:58 (Ref:3542692)   #29
Roninho
Racer

Roninho should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
John Paul Jr suffers from Huntington's disease and his condition is constantly deteriorating.
Pffff terrible disease.
I've always wondered what John could have achieved in indycars without the legal problems. He was very impressive in his early years.
Old 29 May 2015, 22:25 (Ref:3542694)   #30
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Bob Baldwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is his father still alive ?
Old 29 May 2015, 22:39 (Ref:3542697)   #31
Snips1
Racer

Denmark
Denmark
Snips1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Baldwin View Post
Drayson was involved in Formula E before he sold the team to Trulli last year
Old 30 May 2015, 11:56 (Ref:3542811)   #32
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
What ever happened to....?

Quote:

Who knows?

Didn't he disappear in 2001? Haven't heard anything about him since.

Stumbled across some archived pictures of BMS Italia Scuderia at Jarama in 2002 (?). Anyone know what Enzo Calderari, Lillian Bryner and Fabrizio Gollin are doing these days? Haven't heard of them racing for quite some years especially Calderari and Bryner.
Old 30 May 2015, 16:32 (Ref:3542942)   #33
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
The last that I had heard John Paul SN was on the run from the law somewhere in the Bahama's came back to the USA did some time and ended up in Canada .

Last I had heard about Andy Evans one time owner of IMSA The Fed's were about to take him down and he also landed somewhere in Vancover B.C. Canada .

Not sure if any of the Whitington Brothers are still alive they also were in Big Trouble with the Law .

IMSA : International Marijuana Smuglers association
Old 31 May 2015, 02:49 (Ref:3543132)   #34
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackteck View Post
seen him a few weeks ago..still owns the swap shop ...still filthy rich�� he was in his new laferarri
Good to hear. The last interview I read with him he didn't like to talk about his racing days for whatever reason, but he'd just bought a Porsche 918.

And previous to that I think the last I'd heard about him was several years ago when he got in a scuffle with someone at the Swap Shop and then fled from the police on a golf cart before being tasered and then kicking out the window of a patrol car, mind you he was in his mid 70's at the time.
Old 31 May 2015, 16:35 (Ref:3543454)   #35
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
i can almost picturing him doing that
Funny Story though
Old 3 Jun 2015, 08:09 (Ref:3544459)   #36
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What about Luis Diaz? I think we saw him in a PC car once last year for one of the NAEC events but nothing after that I think?
Old 3 Jun 2015, 08:32 (Ref:3544463)   #37
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What happened to Lavaggi? Did he stop racing completely after the LS1?
Old 3 Jun 2015, 13:29 (Ref:3544546)   #38
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accident View Post
What about Luis Diaz? I think we saw him in a PC car once last year for one of the NAEC events but nothing after that I think?
I always liked Luis, and I would also like to know if he has retired or just not found a ride this year.
Old 3 Jun 2015, 14:19 (Ref:3544569)   #39
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post

Doc Bundy

Richard
Vintage racing http://www.regogoracing.com/#!doc-bundy-driver/c1k5r

I believe also still a racing instructor.
Old 3 Jun 2015, 14:24 (Ref:3544573)   #40
crooky
Racer

crooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcrooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roninho View Post
He spend years in court. His former sponsor (Muermans) sued him for millions claiming that the sponsorship was actually not a sponsorship but a loan. Doornbos won the case earlier this year, but since he spend years on this his career is over.

Some of the info in the case was pretty bizarre. Doornbos and his manager were not in the meeting with red bull for a contract the testing role in f1. Muermans was doing the contract talks and Doornbos was waiting outside. At the end Muermans comes out of the meeting saying it is a deal! Doornbos and his manager happy. During the ride home/to the airport they then find out that Muermans agreed to pay like 7 million euro for the test gig @ red bull. Which Doornbos felt was more then enough to get an actual ride in f1 at another team.
Apparently Muermans (a project developer) was working on a big project in Austria and wanted the red bull connection badly.
Interesting thanks. Still got my Robert Doornbos cap somewhere... The choice was either that or one of them horrible red Mclaren hats.
Old 3 Jun 2015, 14:39 (Ref:3544578)   #41
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Also :
John Paul jr.
Price Cobb
Alex Gurney
david Donahue
I'm pretty sure I just read that David Donahue has something to do with the USA Porsche 918 sales / customer support aspects. He is the 918 Spyder Consultant. Kinda like after-sales support.

Quote:
The last that I had heard John Paul SN was on the run from the law somewhere in the Bahama's came back to the USA did some time and ended up in Canada .

Not sure if any of the Whitington Brothers are still alive they also were in Big Trouble with the Law .

IMSA : International Marijuana Smuglers association
I was working at the Hershey Porsche Swap Meet (a really large Porsche-specific event just south of Harrisburg Pennsylvania) and there was a guy that came up to our booth who looked JUST like John Paul Senior. He would have probably been too young but it stopped me in my tracks for a second. Who knows, could have been the 'old pirate' himself...

The Whittingtons are still around to some extent. Dale died of a heart attack a few years ago. Don and Bill are still alive and kicking and have enough recent activity that some google searches will turn up some current info. Forever the cowboys to be sure.

Randy Lanier, who was the 1984 IMSA champion and had ties with all the of those usual suspects in the 80s was recently released from prison.

http://jalopnik.com/the-man-who-turn...-50-1644603033

Last edited by WolfsburgRS; 3 Jun 2015 at 14:48.
Old 3 Jun 2015, 22:49 (Ref:3544747)   #42
mackteck
Rookie

Ireland
co.meath
mackteck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
Good to hear. The last interview I read with him he didn't like to talk about his racing days for whatever reason, but he'd just bought a Porsche 918.

And previous to that I think the last I'd heard about him was several years ago when he got in a scuffle with someone at the Swap Shop and then fled from the police on a golf cart before being tasered and then kicking out the window of a patrol car, mind you he was in his mid 70's at the time.
ha!!he drives around the swap shop on a golf cart alright, his 918 is on display there, along with most of his impressive collection. .including Schumacher ferrari f1 cars.. check my instagram username : jacaalis for pics & video of him with his laferarri
Old 5 Jun 2015, 02:49 (Ref:3545061)   #43
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Martini colors with SWAP. So awesome.
Old 9 Jun 2015, 20:48 (Ref:3546654)   #44
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Frank Kechele? Was a decent mainstay at Vitaphone and then had that one year with Lambda in ADAC GT Masters, but nothing since 2013?

Julien Jousse? I know he had that legal issue with Pescarolo, but he was quick in both LMP1 and the GT3 Ferrari, so I'm surprised he has seemingly disappeared from prominent racing in Europe.
Old 9 Jun 2015, 21:19 (Ref:3546663)   #45
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
Frank Kechele? Was a decent mainstay at Vitaphone and then had that one year with Lambda in ADAC GT Masters, but nothing since 2013?
Kechele I think is now an entrepreneur in his Frank Kechele Motorsport GbR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
Julien Jousse? I know he had that legal issue with Pescarolo, but he was quick in both LMP1 and the GT3 Ferrari, so I'm surprised he has seemingly disappeared from prominent racing in Europe.
Jousse last year, at least participated in one V de V - Challenge Endurance GT/Tourisme race.
Old 15 Jun 2015, 03:06 (Ref:3550585)   #46
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bit of a random one, what happened to Luxury Racing?
Old 15 Jun 2015, 04:06 (Ref:3550601)   #47
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If I remember correctly, they were overly ambitious with their plans and the money dried up.
Old 15 Jun 2015, 11:55 (Ref:3550713)   #48
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
If I remember correctly, they were overly ambitious with their plans and the money dried up.

Pretty much. Don't know if the team still exist in some form at all?
Old 18 Jul 2015, 07:52 (Ref:3559284)   #49
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Laurence Pearce, aka Mr. Lister, what's he doing these days?
Old 19 Jul 2015, 09:29 (Ref:3559488)   #50
fausto
Veteran

Wales
fausto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel View Post
Laurence Pearce, aka Mr. Lister, what's he doing these days?
read "recently" (last 6-8 months, probably) that he was working with a Historic Group C team, don't remember which one, though