Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 4 Oct 2016, 11:21 (Ref:3677189)   #1
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2017 Daytona Rolex 24 Potential Entries

Please place info and links here for any
announcements of teams, cars, drivers.
I realize it may be a few weeks before much news will
be forthcoming.

I know there have been a couple LMP2's announced.

The Delta Wing will have its final appearance at this race.
Old 4 Oct 2016, 16:36 (Ref:3677271)   #2
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Alegra Porsche, ESM Nissans, PR1, JDC (?), Lexuses and the Acuras this far officially, I believe
Old 4 Oct 2016, 16:52 (Ref:3677275)   #3
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Alegra Porsche, ESM Nissans, PR1, JDC (?), Lexuses and the Acuras this far officially, I believe
Might want to wait until the funding is found before making the ProAm Prototype cars "official". :-)

-mike
Old 4 Oct 2016, 20:43 (Ref:3677337)   #4
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedlund View Post
Might want to wait until the funding is found before making the ProAm Prototype cars "official". :-)

-mike
Mike - Do you have a couple irons in the fire somewhere?
Old 4 Oct 2016, 22:35 (Ref:3677361)   #5
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
Mike - Do you have a couple irons in the fire somewhere?
Not really, everything is pretty much out of my budget these days.

-mike
Old 5 Oct 2016, 13:41 (Ref:3677506)   #6
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedlund View Post
Not really, everything is pretty much out of my budget these days.

-mike
What? You haven't received my $3 billion check yet???
Old 5 Oct 2016, 20:52 (Ref:3677624)   #7
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Let's keep national and international political posts out of the thread and forum, and stick to the topic. Racing politics is enough for politics for a racing forum.
Old 6 Oct 2016, 01:00 (Ref:3677676)   #8
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'll be interested to see who runs the November test at Daytona. Although last year Mercedes ran so it's not necessarily indicative of who will enter the actual race.

Also for those attending the Rolex 24, infield parking sold out about 4 months ago and the formerly free lot outside the turn 4 tunnel now costs $40.
Old 6 Oct 2016, 01:33 (Ref:3677686)   #9
canamman
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post

Also for those attending the Rolex 24, infield parking sold out about 4 months ago and the formerly free lot outside the turn 4 tunnel now costs $40.
I am thinking about doing something completely different this 24hr.
The whole race from the grandstands with a scanner and laptop. If I need a nap, just go to the truck in free parking and take a quick snooze. Try out the new stands in all their glory.
Old 6 Oct 2016, 03:22 (Ref:3677720)   #10
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
I'll be interested to see who runs the November test at Daytona. Although last year Mercedes ran so it's not necessarily indicative of who will enter the actual race.

That's good news for the support! It seems likely to be one of the biggest crowds they've had in years.
Old 6 Oct 2016, 04:10 (Ref:3677732)   #11
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Kind of sucks in that I was planning to camp to save some money ....
Old 6 Oct 2016, 04:43 (Ref:3677736)   #12
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Kind of sucks in that I was planning to camp to save some money ....
Certainly a downside to popularity.

I'm probably heading to Sebring 17....
Old 13 Oct 2016, 15:05 (Ref:3679774)   #13
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Far from a confirmation at this point but nevertheless:

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/pr...lex-24-effort/

Not sure how a GTLM entry would bring them anything, why not try it in GTD instead?
Old 13 Oct 2016, 15:30 (Ref:3679776)   #14
JLGarcia
Racer

JLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Far from a confirmation at this point but nevertheless:

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/pr...lex-24-effort/

Not sure how a GTLM entry would bring them anything, why not try it in GTD instead?
Because either Ried or a customer wants to, and because they already have plenty of equipment for GTLM.
Old 13 Oct 2016, 15:51 (Ref:3679784)   #15
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Cause GTE cars are the sh*t! If you can swing it.

-mike
Old 13 Oct 2016, 17:17 (Ref:3679795)   #16
canamman
Veteran

United States
News on Nissan DPi. ( about a week old)

http://www.racer.com/imsa/weathertec...an-dpi-project
Old 13 Oct 2016, 17:35 (Ref:3679801)   #17
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
DPI, GTLM, and GTD grids all look good. Can we just get rid of LMPC for Daytona to make more room!
Old 13 Oct 2016, 17:36 (Ref:3679803)   #18
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
I'll be camping again.
Old 13 Oct 2016, 17:44 (Ref:3679804)   #19
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
DPI, GTLM, and GTD grids all look good. Can we just get rid of LMPC for Daytona to make more room!
No.

L.P.
Old 13 Oct 2016, 18:12 (Ref:3679809)   #20
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I'll be camping again.
Spend the coin on PLM, instead

I've thought hitting this one, but I'll be at some airfield in FLA around St Patrick's day, instead.
Old 13 Oct 2016, 19:02 (Ref:3679818)   #21
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Spend the coin on PLM, instead

I've thought hitting this one, but I'll be at some airfield in FLA around St Patrick's day, instead.
Well .... Theoretically with the long night session there is more time to both drink and watch racing at Daytona ... but the fans at Sebring outdo themselves each year.

Daytona is for cooking a big dinenr, being cold, getting up early to watch sunrise, eating a huge breakfast, and packing up before watching the end of the race.

Sebring is for barely being able to find your way to the podium ceremony, and waking up Sunday afternoon not remembering where you are.

Different experiences.

Oh, except there is a race at both.
Old 13 Oct 2016, 19:17 (Ref:3679821)   #22
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Both certainly have their appeals. I do really like Daytona but I now have to chose between the 2 once every 4 years, unfortunately and it's Sebring every time.

I certainly wake up Sunday at an old airfield wondering WTF happened every time!
Old 13 Oct 2016, 19:50 (Ref:3679827)   #23
canamman
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Both certainly have their appeals. I do really like Daytona but I now have to chose between the 2 once every 4 years, unfortunately and it's Sebring every time.
Daytona is habit forming. Once it gets you, its hard to shake off.
By then , the offseason withdrawls are so bad , the excitement
of new gear and teams is what the Dr. orders.

The 6 weeks between Daytona and Sebring is tough enough.

Cant wait to see how Core does in GTD.
http://coreautosport.com/core-moves-...rsche-in-2017/

As far as PC, they have had some really nice class battles over the years
when they haven't been in a spin cycle.
Old 13 Oct 2016, 20:05 (Ref:3679828)   #24
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Pffftttt, Daytona isn't cold!

It gets down to like 40. Where I'm from it's usually like 10 that time of year.
Old 13 Oct 2016, 20:26 (Ref:3679830)   #25
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Yankees.....