Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 13 Oct 2016, 20:56 (Ref:3679833)   #26
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I appears Rebellion is trying to have their cars ready to go for the 2017 Rolex as well

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/r...-lmp2-program/
Old 13 Oct 2016, 21:03 (Ref:3679835)   #27
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
Daytona is habit forming. Once it gets you, its hard to shake off.
By then , the offseason withdrawls are so bad , the excitement
of new gear and teams is what the Dr. orders.

The 6 weeks between Daytona and Sebring is tough enough.

Cant wait to see how Core does in GTD.
http://coreautosport.com/core-moves-...rsche-in-2017/

As far as PC, they have had some really nice class battles over the years
when they haven't been in a spin cycle.
I know going to the Daytona 24 is a great especially with the new stands now. In 2016 I spent 80% of the time that I was at the track sitting in front of NASCAR turn 1 rather than the infield.

Went to the race in 2014, the roar in 2015, and race in 2016. Won't be able to go in 2017 at all for personal reasons though.
Old 13 Oct 2016, 23:17 (Ref:3679863)   #28
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
I know going to the Daytona 24 is a great especially with the new stands now. In 2016 I spent 80% of the time that I was at the track sitting in front of NASCAR turn 1 rather than the infield.
Good to hear. That's my plan for 2017. I have done so many years
in the infield ,I am ready for a change. The event I will do the infield is in
Nov. of 2017 when the Classic 24 Hr comes back. The infield is about 50%
filled so there is plenty of elbow room and easier to navigate.
Old 14 Oct 2016, 02:10 (Ref:3679890)   #29
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I would like to see the improvements at Daytona, but I chose Sebring every year. The longer drive is worth it to me. Plus, I like to take photos and Sebring is very camera friendly. Although the background is always straight garbage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post
I appears Rebellion is trying to have their cars ready to go for the 2017 Rolex as well

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/r...-lmp2-program/
You think? I'm still not sure which way they're going to go.
Old 14 Oct 2016, 02:19 (Ref:3679893)   #30
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Sounds like a WEC campaign + Daytona (and perhaps more NAEC races?).

Is the WEC test prologue mandatory for full season entrants?
Old 14 Oct 2016, 02:20 (Ref:3679894)   #31
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
As far as I know, each team has to send at least one car for the WEC Prologue unless the ACO grants them a waiver.
Old 14 Oct 2016, 05:20 (Ref:3679914)   #32
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
No.
It'll be all but empty anyways. Might have enough cars for a podium.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 14 Oct 2016, 13:33 (Ref:3679984)   #33
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I would like to see the improvements at Daytona, but I chose Sebring every year. The longer drive is worth it to me. Plus, I like to take photos and Sebring is very camera friendly. Although the background is always straight garbage.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
Old 14 Oct 2016, 14:04 (Ref:3679992)   #34
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
As far as I know, each team has to send at least one car for the WEC Prologue unless the ACO grants them a waiver.
Very conveniently timed as well for those with aspirations to join the 12H...
Old 14 Oct 2016, 18:03 (Ref:3680052)   #35
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I changed the name of this thread to reflect more of a real-world scenario.
Old 16 Oct 2016, 01:40 (Ref:3680365)   #36
Coach Ep
Veteran

Dalla Lana will be back:

Quote:
“We’ll be at Daytona for sure, It’s just a question of what category and the car.
Probably an Aston in GTLM or possibly a Mercedes in GTD, http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/da...st-12h-double/

Apparently Sebring is 50/50.
Old 19 Oct 2016, 14:29 (Ref:3681383)   #37
Coach Ep
Veteran

Update (?):

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/20...ate-prototype/

15 sounds like a decent number of P cars for the Rolex.
Old 19 Oct 2016, 14:42 (Ref:3681386)   #38
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
15 would be a fantastic start. IMSA is finally looking properly exciting again!
Old 19 Oct 2016, 14:56 (Ref:3681392)   #39
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes! That is great news!
Old 19 Oct 2016, 15:34 (Ref:3681401)   #40
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I am thinking about doing something completely different this 24hr.
The whole race from the grandstands with a scanner and laptop. If I need a nap, just go to the truck in free parking and take a quick snooze. Try out the new stands in all their glory.
I've been doing it that way the past 22 (minus one year in a motel) with nuttin' but my old Walkman.

It works fer me. I even sleep in the stands....a few cardboard boxes from the concessionaires to insulate one's bottom/make the same of a mattress, fully clothed and blanketed. Git to snooze like a rock to the "music" in my ears. Also, this way, 'don't have to walk back and forth so far 'cept for provisions.

jimclark
Old 19 Oct 2016, 15:43 (Ref:3681402)   #41
jimclark
Veteran

United States
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post
I appears Rebellion is trying to have their cars ready to go for the 2017 Rolex as wellhttp://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/r...-lmp2-program/
I didn't take it that way...more just a thought....

“The first race in 2017 is Daytona and that’s not long from now. If we’re going to be ready for that one, that’s a lot of work.
It’s certainly something we’re looking at but we haven’t decided that’s what we’re going to do.”

jimclark
Old 19 Oct 2016, 15:48 (Ref:3681404)   #42
canamman
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
I've been doing it that way the past 22 (minus one year in a motel) with nuttin' but my old Walkman.

It works fer me. I even sleep in the stands....a few cardboard boxes from the concessionaires to insulate one's bottom/make the same of a mattress, fully clothed and blanketed. Git to snooze like a rock to the "music" in my ears. Also, this way, 'don't have to walk back and forth so far 'cept for provisions.
That's great. You can really see the race develop better from the stands
especially for the finish when the pits get crazy. Hopefully I can
find some free parking close to nascar1.
Old 19 Oct 2016, 15:53 (Ref:3681405)   #43
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nice to see some positive news and excitement for an American sportscar race 3 months ahead of the event itself. I hope this trend can continue.
Old 19 Oct 2016, 16:06 (Ref:3681407)   #44
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Pffftttt, Daytona isn't cold!

It gets down to like 40. Where I'm from it's usually like 10 that time of year.
So...you sleep outside at home????

I'm from the North too, and yes, 40 is cold for sleeping in the grandstands....

jimclark
Old 19 Oct 2016, 16:21 (Ref:3681413)   #45
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:
That's great. You can really see the race develop better from the stands
especially for the finish when the pits get crazy. Hopefully I can
find some free parking close to nascar1.
One of the few times I've stuck it out to the bitter end ('like to beat the traffic) was '96
when Papis got his nickname (for the unenlightened, "Mad Max") chasin' the Dyson Riley & Scott. It was pretty awesome watchin' him fly down pit lane at 150 and hopin' the 333 would re-fire (problems with the valve seats the year before year, negating hot re-starts). And of course, being able to see nearly the whole circuit....changed my "life" after being a "grounds keeper" all those years. Knowing what 't'was like watchin' all the available corners ground level during previous camping and driving years (which is a must, of course, for newbies, no doubt) 'found it much better upstairs for spectating (along with cheaper).....

Last edited by jimclark; 19 Oct 2016 at 16:31.

jimclark
Old 19 Oct 2016, 16:45 (Ref:3681423)   #46
HighParker
Racer

Canada
Toronto
HighParker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Update (?):

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/20...ate-prototype/

15 sounds like a decent number of P cars for the Rolex.
And 10 (or maybe more) full season entries would be an improvement over 2016.
Old 19 Oct 2016, 17:17 (Ref:3681428)   #47
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Miguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMiguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
When will the first entry list for the race or test be released, does anyone know?
Old 19 Oct 2016, 17:38 (Ref:3681436)   #48
canamman
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
When will the first entry list for the race or test be released, does anyone know?
My guess is mid to late Dec. The ROAR test session is Jan.6-8 2017.
I may very well be the week of the test. If you hear anything,
post it here.
Old 19 Oct 2016, 17:42 (Ref:3681437)   #49
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I doubt they will release an entry list for the November test but usually do release an entry for the Roar. I can't imagine it will be released much earlier than IMSA has been releasing entries for races - which is about a week before. Sometimes you can get documents for pit box allocation or tech inspection schedules that come out before the actual entry list.

Also, just a reminder that IMSA has a new site results.imsa.com that has entry list files on it.
Old 19 Oct 2016, 17:42 (Ref:3681438)   #50
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:
I'd kepp an eye on here: http://www.imsa.com/

At the moment, 'don't even see a "Test"... just the Roar Before....and no real info there even for that; you can click on "Event Schedule" but none appears.....?????

Great promotion......

jimclark