Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 8 Dec 2016, 00:17 (Ref:3694650)   #4751
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Can't wait to see what the GTD Lexus has.
Old 8 Dec 2016, 01:05 (Ref:3694656)   #4752
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephaeton View Post
Thanks. Quality as usual.
http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/13702...tests-continue: "As shown in a video recently captured at Sebring International Raceway, " ... why is it so hard for people to properly attribute the source?!
I'm sure if you tweeted at MP he'd make the correction.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 8 Dec 2016, 01:34 (Ref:3694664)   #4753
kevin993
Rookie

kevin993 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
I use a Panasonic V750 camcorder which is no longer made but should be about the same as the current V770. I also use an external mic a lot of times, I used one for this because it was really windy and the external mic with a wind guard sounds way better than wind blowing across the camera mic. The external mic works really well up close to cars like in the garages because it picks up bass WAY better than the camera mic.

I just saw a tweet from Mike Guasch saying it's himself, Jose Guttierez, and Tom Kimber Smith driving this test. They had a Conti tire truck set up with them in the pits but Dunlop is supposed to have a test at Sebring very soon. I know team Nederland will be testing their Dallara as well as a few other Dunlop teams I'm sure.
I'll just add my thanks and kudos. You are the only eyeballs for many of these test sessions and deserve appropriate recognition. Anybody that has both Lemmy and the Valvoline/Swap Shop Porsche 962 on their Twitter page is OK in my book. Thank you.
Old 8 Dec 2016, 03:25 (Ref:3694668)   #4754
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
What sound does a Mazda make when it's on fire, joeb?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Wild cheers from the peanut gallery, as they suck down another beer.

Just my experience.

Quote:
I caught the new P2 Ligier testing at Sebring today. I went there to see RLL BMW so it was a nice surprise. I timed some laps and they were all around 2:00 so they're definitely not trying to run the car too hard yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orp_VeOE_Yo
Awesome stuff! Thanks a bunch.

Very cool looking and lovely sound!
Old 8 Dec 2016, 04:20 (Ref:3694671)   #4755
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
You're crazy if you think anyone with a new car is going to be running at full speed.... :-)

-mike
Old 8 Dec 2016, 06:23 (Ref:3694680)   #4756
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Good ol bop fear
Old 8 Dec 2016, 13:34 (Ref:3694797)   #4757
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
That 59 car though.
Old 8 Dec 2016, 14:38 (Ref:3694817)   #4758
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedlund View Post
You're crazy if you think anyone with a new car is going to be running at full speed.... :-) -mike
I did notice they seemed to be pretty much up to speed at all the corners I could see except T17 they always drove very carefully around.

Quote:
That 59 car though.
I was surprised by that as well, has Manthey said anything about running the 24 previously? And the use of 59 is very interesting.
Old 8 Dec 2016, 15:09 (Ref:3694821)   #4759
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I was surprised by that as well, has Manthey said anything about running the 24 previously? And the use of 59 is very interesting.
They had best paint it as a Brumos tribute or there might be protest.
Old 8 Dec 2016, 15:17 (Ref:3694824)   #4760
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stephane Sarrazin added to Rebellion line-up for Daytona...

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/sa...-for-rolex-24/

Rebellion are going all-out to win this one
Old 8 Dec 2016, 16:06 (Ref:3694834)   #4761
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
They had best paint it as a Brumos tribute or there might be protest.
It's in association with Brumos, so.
Old 8 Dec 2016, 16:18 (Ref:3694838)   #4762
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentley speed 8 View Post
Stephane Sarrazin added to Rebellion line-up for Daytona...

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/sa...-for-rolex-24/

Rebellion are going all-out to win this one
You can say that again. Good competition for the new DPi/P2 teams.
The bar is high.
Old 8 Dec 2016, 16:33 (Ref:3694841)   #4763
JLGarcia
Racer

JLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dagys re: Manthey:

Quote:
Manthey Racing will also be present at the test next week, as well as the Rolex 24 at Daytona, but with a customer-based Porsche 911 GT3 R effort for GT Daytona. NGT Motorsport will be providing operations support for the German squad.
Old 8 Dec 2016, 17:22 (Ref:3694847)   #4764
canamman
Veteran

United States
Rebelllion has never put together a P2 before.
That may level things a bit.
http://www.lemans.org/en/News/wec-re...-in-2017/43495
Old 8 Dec 2016, 17:26 (Ref:3694849)   #4765
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
They have, but a long long time ago (2008-2009) under the team's previous guise. They were actually the first to run a closed-top LMP2 Lola in Europe.
Old 8 Dec 2016, 17:37 (Ref:3694850)   #4766
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
They ran simultaneous LMP1 and LMP2 programs when they were called Speedy/Sebah. Both classes were a Lola chassis. The LMP1 car was red and the LMP2 car was blue, so match the number panels.

Old 8 Dec 2016, 19:00 (Ref:3694859)   #4767
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
No one has ever run the current P2/DPis before, and a lot of what makes endurance cars fast---i.e. drivers and crew--are strong suits for Rebellion.

Not to diss the IMSA teams, but Rebellion has come over here and beat them before. If I had to pick a winner I'd pick Rebellion for the 24 at this point. I will want to see the driver line-ups for the other teams before actually putting my money down, but ... I don't think ESM has Pipo Derani, AXR has a pair of solid crews/driver line-ups but not (IMO) on Rebellion's level ....

Sadly it will probably all come down to BoP, but otherwise ....
Old 8 Dec 2016, 19:09 (Ref:3694860)   #4768
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
We also don't yet know who IMSA wants to win.
Old 8 Dec 2016, 19:11 (Ref:3694861)   #4769
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
No one has ever run the current P2/DPis before, and a lot of what makes endurance cars fast---i.e. drivers and crew--are strong suits for Rebellion.

Not to diss the IMSA teams, but Rebellion has come over here and beat them before. If I had to pick a winner I'd pick Rebellion for the 24 at this point. I will want to see the driver line-ups for the other teams before actually putting my money down, but ... I don't think ESM has Pipo Derani, AXR has a pair of solid crews/driver line-ups but not (IMO) on Rebellion's level ....

Rebellion will have to brush up on IMSA rules, and you have to wonder if the WEC spec P2 cars will be as quick as the IMSA-specific DPi cars. Even if it is just a branding exercise, the presence of manufacturer dollars tips the scales in their direction without any meaningful running done yet.

To your point about Rebellion beating IMSA teams, they haven't faced the likes of WTR or AXR yet. They did crush Dyson and Muscle Milk, due in part to reliability. And unfortunately those boys didn't stick around after the merger.

I'm interested to see how Rebellion does against a deeper field (in terms of quality and quantity) than their LMP1-L and previous ALMS P1 experience. To me this race is wide open, Rebellion no doubt has a solid program in place that smells of "we're here to win", which is thrilling to me. I love it, I love the whole attitude they are taking to IMSA, they are being very respectful of what it takes to win at this level.

Whoever does stand atop the podium on Sunday afternoon at Daytona will have beaten perhaps the most diverse, and deepest prototype field in the race's history.

Chris
Old 8 Dec 2016, 19:20 (Ref:3694864)   #4770
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
Rebellion will have to brush up on IMSA rules, and you have to wonder if the WEC spec P2 cars will be as quick as the IMSA-specific DPi cars. Even if it is just a branding exercise, the presence of manufacturer dollars tips the scales in their direction without any meaningful running done yet.

To your point about Rebellion beating IMSA teams, they haven't faced the likes of WTR or AXR yet. They did crush Dyson and Muscle Milk, due in part to reliability. And unfortunately those boys didn't stick around after the merger.

I'm interested to see how Rebellion does against a deeper field (in terms of quality and quantity) than their LMP1-L and previous ALMS P1 experience. To me this race is wide open, Rebellion no doubt has a solid program in place that smells of "we're here to win", which is thrilling to me. I love it, I love the whole attitude they are taking to IMSA, they are being very respectful of what it takes to win at this level.

Whoever does stand atop the podium on Sunday afternoon at Daytona will have beaten perhaps the most diverse, and deepest prototype field in the race's history.

Chris
I think Rebellion has a great driver lineup, but they will also be running the Gibson engine. How many 24 hour races has that engine raced in again? I would say the tried and true Chevy lump in the Caddy has shown its ability to last so they have an advantage in the engine department. All teams will struggle with the unknowns of the new chassis, although the Oreca is likely a pretty known quantity for the team.
Old 8 Dec 2016, 19:37 (Ref:3694867)   #4771
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I think Rebellion has a great driver lineup, but they will also be running the Gibson engine. How many 24 hour races has that engine raced in again? I would say the tried and true Chevy lump in the Caddy has shown its ability to last so they have an advantage in the engine department. All teams will struggle with the unknowns of the new chassis, although the Oreca is likely a pretty known quantity for the team.

I'm hesitate to count out the Gibson. You gotta imagine that it's had some heavy heavy testing.

And as the sole engine for all of P2, you can imagine there is some heavy investment in its success

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 8 Dec 2016, 21:05 (Ref:3694873)   #4772
canamman
Veteran

United States
Quote:

Solid team for sure. Probably top private team
in WEC. I am finding myself now wanting an OAK announcement
for the enduro under the Christmas tree. Long shot I am sure.
Old 8 Dec 2016, 21:14 (Ref:3694875)   #4773
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
It's in association with Brumos, so.
Well that is good news. But what is Brumos now? The race team is disbanded and the dealership is sold. It's just a collection of historic race cars now I guess.
Old 8 Dec 2016, 21:26 (Ref:3694877)   #4774
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
The new "Gibson" is based of the old 3.4L Zytek lump that's been around and developed for 15 years. The 6.2L LT technically hasn't been raced either. I think they are on equal footing here.
Old 8 Dec 2016, 21:31 (Ref:3694879)   #4775
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
The new "Gibson" is based of the old 3.4L Zytek lump that's been around and developed for 15 years. The 6.2L LT technically hasn't been raced either. I think they are on equal footing here.
I thought the Caddy just carried over the old corvette dp engine with some different packaging.

Either way, the new equipment all around makes for quite the exciting race!