Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 18 Jan 2017, 10:31 (Ref:3703323)   #1651
GregoryDG
Racer

Belgium
Ghent, Belgium
GregoryDG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jake Hill lost out on the Motorbase seat Luke Davenport got, but he stated he nevertheless has a deal in place. It will be in a 'new' team however, so no Hill at Team Hard.
Old 18 Jan 2017, 11:57 (Ref:3703345)   #1652
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Stewart Lines is not a bad driver, he's just another driver who's doing what he loves and isn't causing many incidents like some.

Can't think of any 'new team'. so where is Hill going? Surely not SOPR? :|
Old 18 Jan 2017, 12:40 (Ref:3703356)   #1653
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I suspect Hill will be at TPR or Eurotech

WSR/888/BMR needs a lot of money
Hard isn't new to him
Old 18 Jan 2017, 13:12 (Ref:3703363)   #1654
richy01908
Rookie

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
richy01908 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do teams get any prize money?
A share of the gate receipts from race weekends?
To me, BTCC a reasonable money generator for the hosting circuits, wonder how much each team gets?

As far as drivers currently without drives, would not be surprised if Rob Collard did not return, sure his sons single seater careers much be costing more each year?
Old 18 Jan 2017, 14:33 (Ref:3703380)   #1655
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by richy01908 View Post
As far as drivers currently without drives, would not be surprised if Rob Collard did not return, sure his sons single seater careers much be costing more each year?
It's an interesting point. Racing isn't cheap for one person, never mind 3!

Looks like Ricky has strong links with BMW currently (DTM test, GT4 drive etc), so that must help the financial burden and it would be a nice tie-in for his dad also got some BMW backing for a WSR seat. Let's see.
Old 18 Jan 2017, 14:54 (Ref:3703384)   #1656
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Can't think of any 'new team'. so where is Hill going? Surely not SOPR? :|
New to the championship, new in identity, or just new to him?
Old 18 Jan 2017, 17:05 (Ref:3703401)   #1657
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryDG View Post
Jake Hill lost out on the Motorbase seat Luke Davenport got, but he stated he nevertheless has a deal in place. It will be in a 'new' team however, so no Hill at Team Hard.
If it's a 'new' team then I wonder if we'll see BMR run two 'works' Levorgs for Plato and A.N Other (potentially Jake) and BKR run two for ATS and A.N Other (potentially James Cole).

Just a thought to chuck out there.
Old 18 Jan 2017, 17:54 (Ref:3703407)   #1658
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by richy01908 View Post
Do teams get any prize money?
A share of the gate receipts from race weekends?
No prize money.
Gate receipts go to the circuit.

Dunlop do a 'driver of the day' type thing (I think that's still happening this year) but the prize is a set of tyres or something similar rather than cold hard cash.
Old 18 Jan 2017, 18:38 (Ref:3703412)   #1659
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
No prize money.
Gate receipts go to the circuit.

Dunlop do a 'driver of the day' type thing (I think that's still happening this year) but the prize is a set of tyres or something similar rather than cold hard cash.
Wrong.
prize fund of ÂŁ250,000; ÂŁ100,000 cash plus ÂŁ150,000 in tyres.
(and tyres are the same thing as cash to the teams as they have to pay for them!)

plus various extra things like sets of tyres for driver of the day type things etc.
Old 18 Jan 2017, 19:10 (Ref:3703418)   #1660
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlbtcc View Post
It's an interesting point. Racing isn't cheap for one person, never mind 3!

Looks like Ricky has strong links with BMW currently (DTM test, GT4 drive etc), so that must help the financial burden and it would be a nice tie-in for his dad also got some BMW backing for a WSR seat. Let's see.
Yep, he's a BMW junior driver.
Old 19 Jan 2017, 06:51 (Ref:3703497)   #1661
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryDG View Post
In an interview at the Autosport Show, Hill said the following:

'The contract is not signed yet'
'It is a new car'
'I have a good bunch of people working on the car'
'The cars are being built'
Old 19 Jan 2017, 06:58 (Ref:3703499)   #1662
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmee View Post
I'd say you can confirm Stewart Lines with Maximum Motorsport - all their Facebook posts are to that effect.
Reading between the lines on a recent post - he is intending to drive himself, but if someone comes to him with the correct number of ÂŁÂŁÂŁ then he will loan the seat out, afterall he is a business man
Old 19 Jan 2017, 09:30 (Ref:3703532)   #1663
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
Reading between the lines on a recent post - he is intending to drive himself, but if someone comes to him with the correct number of ÂŁÂŁÂŁ then he will loan the seat out, afterall he is a business man
That makes sense, posts do suggest that he will be driving though.

Including Torq Racewear -

'We are really excited to announce that Maximum Motorsport driver Stewart Lines is the first driver on the Official BTCC grid to confirm that he will use our racewear in 2017, racing in the Ford Italia Focus. Cant wait for the start of the season! #motorsport #fashion'

And the Media Day picture with sl95 as a hashtag -
Old 19 Jan 2017, 10:37 (Ref:3703545)   #1664
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
^ so he is pretty much confirmed

only 10 seats left

Team Dynamics - Honda Civic - Matt Neal
Team Dynamics - Honda Civic - Gordon Shedden
Simpson Racing - Honda Civic - Mat Simpson

Eurotech - Honda Civic - Jeff Smith
Eurotech - Honda Civic - ????

Speedworks - Toyota Avensis - Tom Ingram

Handy Motorsport - Toyota Avensis - Rob Austin

PMR - Vauxhall Astra - Senna Proctor
PMR - vauxhall Astra - Tom Chilton

BMR - Subaru Levorg - Jason Plato
BMR - Subaru Levorg - ?????
BMR - Subaru Levorg - Warren Scott ???
BMR - Subaru Levorg - James Cole ?

888 - MG - Ash Sutton ??
888 - MG - ???

WSR - BMW 125 - Andrew Jordan
WSR - BMW 125 - Rob Collard ????
WSR - BMW 125 - Colin Turkington ????

Motorbase - Ford Focus - Mat Jackson
Motorbase - Ford Focus - Martin Depper
Motorbase - Ford Focus - Luke Davenport

Cicely Racing - Mercedes A-Class - Adam Morgan

Laser Tools - Mercedes A-Class - Aidan Moffat

AMD - Audi S3 - Ollie Jackson
AMD - Audi S3 - Ant Whorton Eales

HARD - VW CC - Will Burns
HARD - VW CC - Mike Epps
HARD - VW CC - ?????

Team Parker Racing - Ford Focus - ?????

Maximum - Ford Focus - Stewart Lines

BTC Norlin - Chevrolet Cruze - Chris Smiley
BTC Norlin - Chevrolet Cruze - Dave Newsham
Old 19 Jan 2017, 11:50 (Ref:3703561)   #1665
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
^ so he is pretty much confirmed

only 10 seats left

Team Dynamics - Honda Civic - Matt Neal
Team Dynamics - Honda Civic - Gordon Shedden
Simpson Racing - Honda Civic - Mat Simpson

Eurotech - Honda Civic - Jeff Smith
Eurotech - Honda Civic - ????

Speedworks - Toyota Avensis - Tom Ingram

Handy Motorsport - Toyota Avensis - Rob Austin

PMR - Vauxhall Astra - Senna Proctor
PMR - vauxhall Astra - Tom Chilton

BMR - Subaru Levorg - Jason Plato
BMR - Subaru Levorg - ?????
BMR - Subaru Levorg - Warren Scott ???
BMR - Subaru Levorg - James Cole ?

888 - MG - Ash Sutton ??
888 - MG - ???

WSR - BMW 125 - Andrew Jordan
WSR - BMW 125 - Rob Collard ????
WSR - BMW 125 - Colin Turkington ????

Motorbase - Ford Focus - Mat Jackson
Motorbase - Ford Focus - Martin Depper
Motorbase - Ford Focus - Luke Davenport

Cicely Racing - Mercedes A-Class - Adam Morgan

Laser Tools - Mercedes A-Class - Aidan Moffat

AMD - Audi S3 - Ollie Jackson
AMD - Audi S3 - Ant Whorton Eales

HARD - VW CC - Will Burns
HARD - VW CC - Mike Epps
HARD - VW CC - ?????

Team Parker Racing - Ford Focus - ?????

Maximum - Ford Focus - Stewart Lines

BTC Norlin - Chevrolet Cruze - Chris Smiley
BTC Norlin - Chevrolet Cruze - Dave Newsham
Is there anything linking Sutton to 888? He has been rumoured to be moving to BMR.
Old 19 Jan 2017, 13:49 (Ref:3703580)   #1666
S700UBO
Racer

Scotland
Inverness
S700UBO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stewart Lines just posted on FB!

Ok then .. im in hospital after a training crash on a mountain bike . Done my pelvis groin and tweaked my shoulder .. thanks to the mrs for bringing me last weeks auto sport and the bunch of grapes ... and yes this is an announcement .. ill be back ps food is a bit moody in here so loosing more weight will look like jack goff soon ...crutches have been supplied today though .. so it aint all bad
Old 19 Jan 2017, 20:15 (Ref:3703631)   #1667
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Jake Hill tweeting a deal is edging closer; so not in place then. Probably still seeking out sponsorship for his target ride. Picture of the #HARD Toyota in the tweet, which may or may not be significant.
Old 20 Jan 2017, 07:08 (Ref:3703708)   #1668
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Jake Hill tweeting a deal is edging closer; so not in place then. Probably still seeking out sponsorship for his target ride. Picture of the #HARD Toyota in the tweet, which may or may not be significant.
He actually retweeted a BTCCCrazy tweet - so the choice of car in the tweet was not made by him, but a library image of him driving.
Old 20 Jan 2017, 15:36 (Ref:3703853)   #1669
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IMHO Jake Hill will end up either at Team Parker or Eurotech as they are "new team" for him and I can't see him afford 888 or BMR , never mind WSR

if the Team Parker Focus will be same spec as the Motorbase ones then he could get podiums via a reverse grid
Old 20 Jan 2017, 17:05 (Ref:3703868)   #1670
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
IMHO Jake Hill will end up either at Team Parker or Eurotech as they are "new team" for him and I can't see him afford 888 or BMR , never mind WSR

if the Team Parker Focus will be same spec as the Motorbase ones then he could get podiums via a reverse grid
I like your thinking... it makes sense on many levels. Also wondering what car Team Parker will run - the Focus was Alex Martins, so it's not a given is it?
Old 20 Jan 2017, 17:25 (Ref:3703875)   #1671
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I can see him at the teams mentioned too
Old 20 Jan 2017, 17:50 (Ref:3703885)   #1672
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Also wondering what car Team Parker will run - the Focus was Alex Martins, so it's not a given is it?
Martin sold both the TBL and car to Team Parker

see http://www.touringcars.net/2017/01/a...carrera-cup-gb

Considering Parker will still run Martin and his father in Carrera Cup, I'm sure there was a deal to be done.
Old 20 Jan 2017, 18:10 (Ref:3703892)   #1673
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
That makes sense, posts do suggest that he will be driving though.

Including Torq Racewear -

'We are really excited to announce that Maximum Motorsport driver Stewart Lines is the first driver on the Official BTCC grid to confirm that he will use our racewear in 2017, racing in the Ford Italia Focus. Cant wait for the start of the season! #motorsport #fashion'

And the Media Day picture with sl95 as a hashtag -
Ford Italia?
Old 20 Jan 2017, 18:25 (Ref:3703896)   #1674
redshoes
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Ford Italia?
I wondered the same at first. It shows as Ford UK on Facebook now. I think it was just the auto-complete / tagging picking the wrong option
Old 20 Jan 2017, 18:36 (Ref:3703898)   #1675
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
I wondered the same at first. It shows as Ford UK on Facebook now. I think it was just the auto-complete / tagging picking the wrong option
You are right.