Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 2 Feb 2017, 17:57 (Ref:3708777)   #2126
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Click image for larger version

Name:	Webber throttle linkadge.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	2.27 MB
ID:	49069
Any idea where I can get this part from please. Looked on Webcon site.Is it of a road car. Thanks in advance. We use the outer cable as the moving part to operate linkage.
Old 2 Feb 2017, 19:29 (Ref:3708812)   #2127
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
What part do you mean and why are you using rubber grommets and cup washers with solid mounts?
You could try Fast Road Car I find them very useful http://stores.ebay.co.uk/FAST-ROAD-CARS-LIMITED?_rdc=1
Old 2 Feb 2017, 22:28 (Ref:3708856)   #2128
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks Tim . The part I need is the lever . Must be able to buy one somewhere . Got a couple coming from Webcom but not exactly like the one in the photo.
Old 2 Feb 2017, 22:32 (Ref:3708858)   #2129
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Just looked brilliant thanks again Tim . Described as Lotus linkage . Guess that's right as its for my 22
Old 3 Feb 2017, 06:20 (Ref:3708944)   #2130
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Yes. I've seen it on a road car of some sort- may have been Lotus Cortina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
What part do you mean and why are you using rubber grommets and cup washers with solid mounts?
Tim there are several types of DCOE sandwich plates, one type is thick material (nylon or alloy) with two O rings, one either side. Suspect that is what Delta is using....

Last edited by Mike Bell; 3 Feb 2017 at 06:28.
Old 3 Feb 2017, 06:47 (Ref:3708946)   #2131
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Yes. I've seen it on a road car of some sort- may have been Lotus Cortina?

Tim there are several types of DCOE sandwich plates, one type is thick material (nylon or alloy) with two O rings, one either side. Suspect that is what Delta is using....
Yep .
Old 3 Feb 2017, 09:42 (Ref:3708980)   #2132
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Alistair at fast road cars is very good. I've probably got a few of those arms knocking about, never used one!
Old 3 Feb 2017, 12:06 (Ref:3709000)   #2133
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Yep thanks for your help on this one. Prices are good as well.
Old 3 Feb 2017, 13:21 (Ref:3709019)   #2134
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:

I didn't realise they made thick plates with O rings on, I thought it was only the thin Misab (spelling?) pates that had them.
Old 3 Feb 2017, 16:44 (Ref:3709084)   #2135
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I didn't realise they made thick plates with O rings on, I thought it was only the thin Misab (spelling?) pates that had them.
Yes, they are the common ones. I think the original Elan fitment was similar to the ones in Iain's pic. I can see they would be less disruptive to the airflow though the join between carb and manifold.

Here's a pic I just nicked of the web of an alloy version -
Attached Thumbnails
SPCR48a-300x300.jpg  
Old 3 Feb 2017, 21:30 (Ref:3709159)   #2136
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Ok . The original pipes were aluminium pipe . Horrible went all over the place and did not look very nice but have done the job since 1962. Ok ok I should of left them on the car instead of using aero quip. Oil tank and engine were fitted before I made up and measured the new pipes . Spent a whole day making them and fitting to car . Got oil pressure up straight away and no leaks . Move on a couple of weeks and I fit the fuel tank which we use as a seat back as well . The tank is tailor made for the car and fits behind driver up against back of the cockpit . The pipes I made were just not long enough to allow going around the tank . Peter have a close look at the picture and you will see the tank is not fully back in place . All done now and am fitting rear suspension . Next big job is fitting all the new body work . All this might have to be put on hold until next winter as we are behind with customer cars . Grrrrrrr
Just thinking of this oil pipe thingy (or indeed water pipes I suppose) doe the change of material from Aluminium to rubber have any effect temperatures?

For a short run I would guess maybe not but if running the length of the car to a front radiator presumably it might? But would it matter at all under any circumstances that anyone is likely to experience in Historic racing?

I suppose one could ask the same question about fluid flows.
Old 4 Feb 2017, 07:53 (Ref:3709291)   #2137
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
But would it matter at all under any circumstances that anyone is likely to experience in Historic racing?
If the car has an http then everything should be period correct .
I think the 22 is the only FJ to have been entered in F1 races but not sure.
Old 8 Feb 2017, 15:35 (Ref:3710978)   #2138
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
If the car has an http then everything should be period correct .
I think the 22 is the only FJ to have been entered in F1 races but not sure.
They used plenty of them in the film..BTW Tim that web site is brilliant FRC. Many thanks.
Old 8 Feb 2017, 15:46 (Ref:3710980)   #2139
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
BTW Tim that web site is brilliant FRC. Many thanks.
Second that. A great source for weber parts!
Old 8 Feb 2017, 18:29 (Ref:3710998)   #2140
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Here's uncle Eric's latest winter project, it could go over a few winters me thinks. Currently residing in San Francisco docks.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1917.JPG   IMG_1915.JPG   16105607_10211940686737341_8834473973048442319_n.jpg  

Old 8 Feb 2017, 18:40 (Ref:3710999)   #2141
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Here's uncle Eric's latest winter project, it could go over a few winters me thinks. Currently residing in San Francisco docks.
Wow! Going to need more than a bit of 'T' Cut, from the pics.......
Old 8 Feb 2017, 19:08 (Ref:3711003)   #2142
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Nah, just a quick rub down and a coat of Dulux should do it,
Old 8 Feb 2017, 19:39 (Ref:3711012)   #2143
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Nah, just a quick rub down and a coat of Dulux should do it,
who goes to San Francisco and actually looses half a stone in weight . Spent ten days there, actually saw the car 17 years ago, made an offer just before Christmas ,was accepted by Bob winkelman so climbed on a new Dreamliner straight to San Francisco , found he had been stripping the car for racing. Spent nearly ten days hunting through different barns and workshops , located nearly every missing piece except the engine which he would not let me have , I have a winter project which SWIBO is not impressed with before it even arrives .
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 8 Feb 2017, 21:18 (Ref:3711044)   #2144
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
[QUOTE=Mike Bell;3709084]Yes, they are the common ones. I think the original Elan fitment was similar to the ones in Iain's pic. I can see they would be less disruptive to the airflow though the join between carb and manifold.

[QUOTE]
They always caused a problem with popping O rings out when at small throttle openings especially with anything else than a cooking cam, if people use those types it's best to superglue the rings in.
But of course all you tenthers would know that anyway
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 8 Feb 2017, 22:35 (Ref:3711056)   #2145
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Brilliant had not thought of that idea Gordon ,thanks . We need a new thread . "Gordon's Tips". Tips I said not blue tits .��
Old 9 Feb 2017, 07:41 (Ref:3711147)   #2146
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I've just sold one of my Cortina projects, 13 years and no progress.

Replaced by another old Ford for Mrs Zef to potter around in.

Oh, and another Lambretta
Old 9 Feb 2017, 12:45 (Ref:3711206)   #2147
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Wow! Going to need more than a bit of 'T' Cut, from the pics.......

Mike, it's 'merican rust 'n stuff.

According to a video I passed over on EweToob the other day you can just power wash it off and everything comes up like new metal.

Well, it seemed to claim that it would work for a 40s pickup so I would think ...

OK, maybe not such a smart idea for a 60s Essex special (or whatever that particular shell has been.
Old 9 Feb 2017, 21:22 (Ref:3711290)   #2148
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
It should, being an airflow car, be a quality Dagenham production GT she'll, with a few Cheshunt tweaks.

As opposed to a pre airflow 1200 deluxe with a whole load of trouble, usually serious added in!
Old 28 Feb 2017, 19:02 (Ref:3715365)   #2149
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
It's still winter and it's still a 'project', but my Delta FF2000 fired up today without any hint of not wanting to play. It's had a full rewire (Not much on a single seater ), carb rebuild, modified accelerator linkage, new oil & filter, new belts, extinguisher service, new body and nose, leaving bit of painting and numbers to be ready for test or race......

Hopefully the old slicks will be good enough to allow some laps at a steady pace!
Old 28 Feb 2017, 19:45 (Ref:3715370)   #2150
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Hopefully the old slicks will be good enough to allow some laps at a steady pace!
Michelin's of course! Do you use an engine pre heating system?