Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 25 Mar 2017, 07:26 (Ref:3721352)   #1001
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Congrats MGDavid many things to learn here once again. hard to find what was what because you had so many suppliers involved in this business.
Mike c'on, as already said if you need something for your 205 just ask. I guarantee only that I'll try to find. "Jean" I think mike is looking for "enjoliveurs de centre de roue" and that van means in this case "utilitaire".
Are they plastic made with a moulded lion head? Slightly boring to put in place if you want to force them when the 4 bolts are already there?
I'm trying to think what Peugeot van would have been in production in 1989. We did not really see Peugeot vans in England at that time. Was there a Peugeot-badged version of the Talbot Express?

I've enlarged a picture of the 'Ashley' to try & read a small badge on the front wing, but it actually says Breitling, so not much help!
Old 25 Mar 2017, 07:29 (Ref:3721353)   #1002
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Anorak note- Did you know that the German version used a detuned 1.9 engine rather than than TU?
Never ever noticed that before. Pollution issues with the carbs during homologation process may be (already!) ? Keep thieves away from your DCOM, they are sought after because of their particular shape (40 butterflies and air entry at 45…).
Old 25 Mar 2017, 07:31 (Ref:3721354)   #1003
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Yes, exactly that. Black plastic, lion highlighted in silver. Bolts hold them in place....
I once had a temporary job with Warwick Wright's in Chiswick, during which time we cleared a warehouse of old stock - probably threw a few away! That was in 1982 though! Got to drive a few Peugeot's then, particularly 504 Pick-ups.
Old 25 Mar 2017, 07:31 (Ref:3721355)   #1004
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Pfyieew… highlighted in silver makes the difference with the "utilitaires" range. You can put them back either if you have four hands or put 2 bolts first and push hard.
Old 25 Mar 2017, 07:33 (Ref:3721356)   #1005
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
John if those pick ups were of the first model, probably you enjoyed the steering column gear change! Sooo exotic !
Old 25 Mar 2017, 07:45 (Ref:3721358)   #1006
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Mike hope you dont need 4 of those plastic parts… Already sourced one supplier but may be available at some Peugeot dealer. Herlock Sholmes is working for you.
Old 25 Mar 2017, 09:20 (Ref:3721372)   #1007
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Mike hope you dont need 4 of those plastic parts… Already sourced one supplier but may be available at some Peugeot dealer. Herlock Sholmes is working for you.
You move fast Gerard! A the owner of the local Peugeot dealership lives near me but I have just seen him digging his garden.
Old 25 Mar 2017, 09:54 (Ref:3721378)   #1008
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
You move fast Gerard!
That's exactly what a nice lady told me… once !

As to Mike's parts I learn at lot of things here. May be he could fin someone with a 3D machine. Or from the HTP thread he could buy a potato then cut it in two parts!
Old 25 Mar 2017, 10:10 (Ref:3721380)   #1009
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:

As to Mike's parts I learn at lot of things here. May be he could fin someone with a 3D machine. Or from the HTP thread he could buy a potato then cut it in two parts!
Someone on here said they had bought a share in a 3D machine - was it Delta himself?
Old 25 Mar 2017, 10:35 (Ref:3721384)   #1010
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Cant answer the question. At Rétromobile an exhibitor proposed to copy large parts in 3D. But the asked price for a full size dashboard in several parts was between 4 and 6 K€ !! Worth if you restore a Ferrari or this kind of car. So the potato option sounds great and ecologically correct ………
Old 25 Mar 2017, 12:00 (Ref:3721396)   #1011
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I'm trying to think what Peugeot van would have been in production in 1989. We did not really see Peugeot vans in England at that time. Was there a Peugeot-badged version of the Talbot Express?
What about 305? I'm sure I've also seen the centres on later small (car derived) Peugeot vans......

As for throwing them away, I likely did that back in 1989, so my fault!
Old 25 Mar 2017, 12:03 (Ref:3721398)   #1012
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
What about 305? I'm sure I've also seen the centres on later small (car derived) Peugeot vans......

As for throwing them away, I likely did that back in 1989, so my fault!
Forgot about the 305, & of course there was a 205 van. I regularly see a high-top one locally. I'll check his wheel nuts next time!
Old 25 Mar 2017, 12:26 (Ref:3721401)   #1013
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Someone on here said they had bought a share in a 3D machine - was it Delta himself?
Indeed it was.
Old 25 Mar 2017, 15:16 (Ref:3721433)   #1014
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Pretty sure this is the one. Early Peugeot Partner van wheel centre cap . No more on the subject from me in case it drives bauble to desperate measures.....
Attached Thumbnails
image.png  
Old 25 Mar 2017, 16:54 (Ref:3721446)   #1015
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:

Old 25 Mar 2017, 17:58 (Ref:3721450)   #1016
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Mike, maybe you have plastic parts to cover the bolts too? If not, again 2 potatoes this time !!
Sorry, Bauble, please dont shoot !
Old 25 Mar 2017, 18:13 (Ref:3721454)   #1017
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Mike, maybe you have plastic parts to cover the bolts too? If not, again 2 potatoes this time !!
Sorry, Bauble, please dont shoot !
Would betterave a sucre do the job as well as a potato? Just like in Pas de Calais (sorry Haute de France) they are harvested widely in Norfolk & Mike could probably find one on the side of the road - or at least lhe will do later in the year when they are harvested.

To go OT, Gerard, do you know why Haute de France was chosen by the public as the new name for this region?

It is because we are above Paris!!
Old 25 Mar 2017, 18:14 (Ref:3721455)   #1018
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
It was indeed .myself and fellow tenther Alan Morgon . You will have to ask him as I am still waiting for my days tuition on how to work the 3 D printer.
Old 25 Mar 2017, 18:31 (Ref:3721461)   #1019
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Delta, I'm really amazed and quite fascinated by the job that can be done with one of those machines. It doesn't look like a piece of cake to use them but the results are great. A matter of pro no doubt!

Really, Jean, I can't believe you got all the jokes from your adoption region.
Dont you think we should warn herr Doktor Nürbur about a nervous cowboy we have here… So Terence if ever you're president of your Steyr Puch Klup or even worse of the Neckar one just have a look to the Silverstone thread please. The guy shoots right, his favorite weapons are sens of humor and a good camera!
Old 25 Mar 2017, 18:48 (Ref:3721463)   #1020
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Delta, I'm really amazed and quite fascinated by the job that can be done with one of those machines. It doesn't look like a piece of cake to use them but the results are great. A matter of pro no doubt!

Really, Jean, I can't believe you got all the jokes from your adoption region.
Dont you think we should warn herr Doktor Nürbur about a nervous cowboy we have here… So Terence if ever you're president of your Steyr Puch Klup or even worse of the Neckar one just have a look to the Silverstone thread please. The guy shoots right, his favorite weapons are sens of humor and a good camera!
It's not a joke Gerard, it's a true story. When the plans were made to merge Departements etc it was not popular up here as we(!) Ch'ti's are very partisan, as are the folk from Picardie & so forth However, Pas de Calais, Nord & Picardie had to be merged into one administrative region. Schools & colleges were invited to put forward names & then a short-list was put on the internet for the public to vote for their choice. The winning name was 'Haute de France', & the reason was genuinely given as 'because we are above Paris'.

I'm sure that Mike will be able to tell you that Norfolk folk have the same attitude to Londoners. Norfolk & Pas de Calais are very alike in many ways, one of the reasons I love living here - it's like Norfolk but more affordable.
Old 25 Mar 2017, 19:17 (Ref:3721465)   #1021
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
John I'm amazed by that hence the expression "you should always learn from the natives"! Do you have a patois language in Norfolk too? Honestly Ch'ti language sounds so different from "regular" French that its difficult to catch a word from a conversation if you've not learn it when young!
As you know my grass roots are in Picardie (Cayeux sur mer) and Picards are said to be "grandes gueules, bon coeur et de parole" something like whose word is unassailable may be? And people who say what they mean whatever it costs!
Old 25 Mar 2017, 19:23 (Ref:3721467)   #1022
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
John I'm amazed by that hence the expression "you should always learn from the natives"! Do you have a patois language in Norfolk too? Honestly Ch'ti language sounds so different from "regular" French that its difficult to catch a word from a conversation if you've not learn it when young!
As you know my grass roots are in Picardie (Cayeux sur mer) and Picards are said to be "grandes gueules, bon coeur et de parole" something like whose word is unassailable may be? And people who say what they mean whatever it costs!
There are one or two people in the village here that even a French friend says she cannot understand.

Yes, Norfolk does have its own patois/dialect.
Old 25 Mar 2017, 19:36 (Ref:3721469)   #1023
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here is an example of something I've made on the 3D printer that Iain and I co-own - a couple of wing ribs for an FF2000.

Gerard is right - 3D printers do take a bit of learning but they're a lot of fun. At the moment most people seem to use them to make parts for their RC models, accessories for their model railways or Star Wars figurines. It would be quite straightforward to make the Peugeot wheelcaps but they would need a bit of hand finishing to look like the originals.

As to Iain having a day free to learn about it...
Old 25 Mar 2017, 19:59 (Ref:3721473)   #1024
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Nice parts Alan, what kind of material are you using for those, special plastic may be? Its the first time I see middle size ones done. I mean as far as classic cars are concerned people machine either dash buttons (Bakelite replica for Panhard's or Peugeot's 203, 403…) or complete dash boards.
Our markets are in no way comparable unfortunately. We have to face people who abuse when they have hard to find parts for sale (NOS or not). Hope this kind of machine will calm down some and bring back the market to the level it should have kept. Hope this makes sens !
Old 25 Mar 2017, 20:02 (Ref:3721475)   #1025
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Yes, Norfolk does have its own patois/dialect.
Can't resist- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=31JnhQU6Zgc

Although not the best known from Alan I like it because it could be us in the early 50s... Yes, we had a binder, and horses before the first tractor! (Christened 'Smoky Joe' ) There are more of his songs if you look, including the more well known "Hev yew gotta loight boy"......

That's difficult to type with spellcheck!