Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Apr 2017, 08:37 (Ref:3725741)   #76
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
And still finished the race in a points paying position...
50 seconds behind his teammate though. I hope he finds his feet soon.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 12 Apr 2017, 08:58 (Ref:3725750)   #77
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Wehrlein back in the seat.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/h...n-bahrain.html

Giovinazzi would have given away his chance to drive for Ferrari during the end of season tests if he drove in Bahrain.
Old 12 Apr 2017, 09:56 (Ref:3725768)   #78
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ospi View Post
50 seconds behind his teammate though. I hope he finds his feet soon.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Most of which will be accounted for by the time he lost with his mistake and getting stuck behind slower cars coming back through not an inherent lack of race pace!

He caught Kimi up rapidly and therefore he would have quite clearly finished 2nd or 3rd had he not gaffed at the beginning as it seemed to me Merc had a slight advantage over Ferrari.
Old 12 Apr 2017, 15:33 (Ref:3725875)   #79
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
To be fair, it was Bottas' first and only mistake he has made this season. Although I do find it funny how people were praising Antonio as a future star after Melbourne and now are saying he's blown his career
Old 12 Apr 2017, 18:56 (Ref:3725933)   #80
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
To be fair, it was Bottas' first and only mistake he has made this season. Although I do find it funny how people were praising Antonio as a future star after Melbourne and now are saying he's blown his career
Incredible really how reactionary the world is!

So many armchair experts who are ready to slam any errors by drivers which are an inherent part of F1 fgs!
Old 17 Apr 2017, 09:24 (Ref:3727287)   #81
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
11th for Wehrlein! Granted he only beat two cars, but not a bad first race back.
Old 17 Apr 2017, 09:59 (Ref:3727295)   #82
mattcanary
Racer

mattcanary should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikuni View Post
11th for Wehrlein! Granted he only beat two cars, but not a bad first race back.
Sauber had probably the slowest car out there, but not by too much. It was an OK showing by the team.
Probably a decent race strategy with Pascal Wehrlein too.Meant he finished ahead of Danil Kyvat, and would have also beaten Fernando Alonso if he had finished.
Old 17 Apr 2017, 15:38 (Ref:3727350)   #83
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Wehrlein was impressive, got into Q2 and was consistent the whole race, just one place outside the points
Old 17 Apr 2017, 22:49 (Ref:3727430)   #84
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
yep very impressive...fitness level must be good as he will also be driving in the test this week.

obviously better to be safe rather than sorry and hindsight is 20/20...but did they keep him out a week too long/how much did his fitness improve over the last week/travel?

anyways i hope no one takes this as a criticism as im actually more curious about his training/rehab process. sports medicine as its applied to drivers isnt something this sport opens up about very often.

kind of wish someone had been filming this process over the past couple of months.
Old 17 Apr 2017, 22:53 (Ref:3727432)   #85
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hows about they punt the bloke who brought the dollars to the team to buy it

You reckon that might happen?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 18 Apr 2017, 22:33 (Ref:3727652)   #86
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Hows about they punt the bloke who brought the dollars to the team to buy it

You reckon that might happen?
That would be great. Gio vs Wehrlein would be feisty!
Old 24 Apr 2017, 17:14 (Ref:3728923)   #87
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It seems like Sauber is in serious talks with Honda for an engine supply next year. If a deal is to happen it needs to be sealed by 6th May because of the regs.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/129141

How such a deal will leave Sauber performance wise it is unclear.
Old 24 Apr 2017, 17:51 (Ref:3728929)   #88
S griffin
Veteran

Obviously it's better for Honda if they have more resources to aid development
Old 24 Apr 2017, 20:43 (Ref:3728972)   #89
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
and a benefit to Sauber if it comes with a cheaper price tag plus additional/related parts and support. could free up more money for them to spend on the chassis side of things.

i suspect Mclaren will still best them on the WCC table this year so worst case is that they finish 10th next year...which is probably where they will finish this year as well.

and if Honda sort their engine out, they could potentially even see themselves moving up the ladder.

dont really see any downside to them making this deal.
Old 25 Apr 2017, 06:08 (Ref:3729048)   #90
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
dont really see any downside to them making this deal.
Except right now the Honda is worse by most measures that the '16 Ferrari engine they use now.

Wonder if it will be a freebie?

Which Japanese Honda-aligned driver could take a seat there
Old 26 Apr 2017, 00:03 (Ref:3729206)   #91
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd be amazed if Matsushita wasn't part of any Sauber Honda deal
Old 30 Apr 2017, 06:50 (Ref:3730013)   #92
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Sauber-Honda Announcement Imminent

With McLaren gearboxes & drivetrains...
Old 30 Apr 2017, 07:28 (Ref:3730017)   #93
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Sauber-Honda Partnership Confirmed
Old 30 Apr 2017, 08:16 (Ref:3730021)   #94
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Drivers must be lining up for Sauber at the prospect of an engine that can hardly run a lap.
Old 30 Apr 2017, 14:30 (Ref:3730105)   #95
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
If they take a Japanese driver, it could be bad news for Wehrlein.
Old 30 Apr 2017, 16:31 (Ref:3730136)   #96
S griffin
Veteran

Well this is interesting, hopefully having a second team will increase and development and both will hopefully be up there in 2018
Old 30 Apr 2017, 17:43 (Ref:3730155)   #97
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Honda just aren't clowns, guys. They are a serious company whatever rut they might be in atm. They are gonna break out of that rut and I'm glad they are showing a renewed commitment to the sport with this move. Nice to see Sauber get something tangible bedded in for the future as well. And it is tangible.
Old 30 Apr 2017, 20:36 (Ref:3730188)   #98
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
There are no guarantees in Formula 1. Remember Peugeot dominating the WSC then sputtering out in F1 with a succession of teams?
Old 30 Apr 2017, 20:53 (Ref:3730192)   #99
alan1302
Racer

England
Doncaster, UK
alan1302 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
There are no guarantees in Formula 1. Remember Peugeot dominating the WSC then sputtering out in F1 with a succession of teams?
Yeah, they started out with McLaren as well!
Old 30 Apr 2017, 22:24 (Ref:3730210)   #100
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Yes! Though it was alleged in about 1997 that Peugeot had the most powerful engine in raw terms.