Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 12 Apr 2017, 08:16 (Ref:3725729)   #2126
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ospi View Post
Well we know Walkinshaw are actively pursuing alternative engine options to avoid the 888 monopoly so I'd be surprised if they went that route, but they might not have many options as time runs out.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
It's not like their engine department will be rendered completely useless.

There's still Super2 and KV8 teams to service. Same goes for Noonan and KRE.

The sun will still rise on Jan 1, 2018 for them.
Old 12 Apr 2017, 08:33 (Ref:3725738)   #2127
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
It's not like their engine department will be rendered completely useless.

There's still Super2 and KV8 teams to service. Same goes for Noonan and KRE.

The sun will still rise on Jan 1, 2018 for them.
That's not the reason they're seeking alternatives. They'll have plenty to keep themselves busy with another large scale project which will come to the fore soon.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 12 Apr 2017, 08:46 (Ref:3725746)   #2128
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mceci1 View Post
This has come from Jimmys Fab Shop Facebook page. Interesting to see that this is happening given that apparently they work with a lot of Holden teams.

We've had a great few years of making some fantastic components and being involved in projects for people that will be proud memories for the rest of our lives. I'd like to thank everyone that has either actively been a part of our journey and those whom have just followed passively as well.
Our love of both going racing and building race components has not diminished over time. Personally (Jimmy) I have spent the last 12 months being both a busy fabricator at JFS and an active part of Erebus' Supercar program. This has been an immense amount of work and has giving myself nothing but satisfaction. I can see the path the team wants to go down and find it inspiring as a racer at heart. Having had discussions with the key personnel there and our proud teams owner Betty at erebus motorsport we have decided that the best thing moving forward is to wind up JFS and focus on helping get Erebus further up the grid (hopefully). For those of you still wanting things made / repaired etc, we are still capable of performing them, however everything moving forward will be prioritised differently and for the benefit of all we will have the increased resources that a bigger and better structured organisation can offer.
I thank you all again and hope we get to see you all continuing to support us and what we are doing by getting over to Erebus Motorsport V8 and joining the page or signing up to be a member of the Erebus Motorsport Club if you aren't already.

Jimmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Post #2052 on 31/3...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 12 Apr 2017, 09:24 (Ref:3725754)   #2129
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
mceci1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
31/3 so its not that long ago. I made sure I checked It too on facebook, just forgot to screenshot
Old 12 Apr 2017, 09:50 (Ref:3725765)   #2130
simonracer
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
simonracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Both Rod Nash and Super Black continued to use the FG Falcon for some time in 2015 even though the FGX had been introduced, so unless something has changed I see no reason why people won't be allowed to run the VF.
Old 12 Apr 2017, 09:53 (Ref:3725767)   #2131
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As did Mr Reynolds.

I guess we won't know for sure, until it happens.
Old 12 Apr 2017, 10:04 (Ref:3725774)   #2132
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mceci1 View Post
31/3 so its not that long ago. I made sure I checked It too on facebook, just forgot to screenshot
Sure it wasn't April 1 ?
Old 12 Apr 2017, 10:06 (Ref:3725775)   #2133
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
mceci1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz170 View Post
Sure it wasn't April 1 ?
No I looked too it has 31/3 at 9:55PM
Old 12 Apr 2017, 12:10 (Ref:3725826)   #2134
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonracer View Post
Both Rod Nash and Super Black continued to use the FG Falcon for some time in 2015 even though the FGX had been introduced, so unless something has changed I see no reason why people won't be allowed to run the VF.
Holden has to nominate which engine is eligible for homologation

Doubt they would be tuning the US V6 twin turbo to let it be beaten by an own V8..

Maybe teams can retrofit a turbo engine into a VF?
Old 12 Apr 2017, 23:32 (Ref:3725991)   #2135
Umai Naa
Veteran

Mandatory leg protection by Sandown.

Erebus deciples are up in arms over it, because Betty apparently invented the E-Cell, and this additional safety device concept is somehow terrible.
Old 12 Apr 2017, 23:35 (Ref:3725992)   #2136
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:

Erebus deciples are up in arms over it, because Betty apparently invented the E-Cell, and this additional safety device concept is somehow terrible.
does it provide the same level of leg safety? I see that it is not currently approved

Leg protection compulsory by Sandown
Old 12 Apr 2017, 23:40 (Ref:3725993)   #2137
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:

Did they test the finished product, in eCell or the DJRTP variant?

An ANCAP rig might be able to provide insight as to the forces involved..

Just because its first (or second) doesn't necessarily mean its the best..
Old 12 Apr 2017, 23:48 (Ref:3725996)   #2138
Umai Naa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Did they test the finished product, in eCell or the DJRTP variant?

An ANCAP rig might be able to provide insight as to the forces involved..

Just because its first (or second) doesn't necessarily mean its the best..
No idea about the testing, but clearly a project that's been in the works for over a year now, so no doubt some serious thought has been put into it's design. From what I can see, the whole thing is aimed at containing the legs in a small area in the way that open-wheelers do, as well as protecting knees and thighs from striking the shifter mechanism, etc.

The E-Cell, while being a great innovation, still has a few shortcomings. Poor periphial view for the driver, and does not offer much improvement on leg protection, compared to the other approved seats. Considering the cars it was inspired from (DTM), already having leg protection designed into their floor pans, etc, I find it at odds as to why that was never factored into an E-Cell 'package' in the first place.

It will be interesting to see if the normally safety-conscious Betty will purchase the exisitng floor insert from LSM, or sink money into designing her own E-Tray™.
Old 15 Apr 2017, 22:15 (Ref:3726741)   #2139
Langers
Veteran

Langers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
No idea about the testing, but clearly a project that's been in the works for over a year now, so no doubt some serious thought has been put into it's design. From what I can see, the whole thing is aimed at containing the legs in a small area in the way that open-wheelers do, as well as protecting knees and thighs from striking the shifter mechanism, etc.

The E-Cell, while being a great innovation, still has a few shortcomings. Poor periphial view for the driver, and does not offer much improvement on leg protection, compared to the other approved seats. Considering the cars it was inspired from (DTM), already having leg protection designed into their floor pans, etc, I find it at odds as to why that was never factored into an E-Cell 'package' in the first place.

It will be interesting to see if the normally safety-conscious Betty will purchase the exisitng floor insert from LSM, or sink money into designing her own E-Tray™.
Comments from Betty on Speedcafe are that the original E-Cell did include leg protection, but V8SC wouldn't approve its use.
Old 15 Apr 2017, 22:32 (Ref:3726743)   #2140
Umai Naa
Veteran

My understanding is that the E-Cell in it's original entirety, wouldn't actually fit within the confines of a CotF chassis. The current iteration of it, requires the floorpan under the seat to be lowered a couple of inches as it is.
Old 18 Apr 2017, 11:27 (Ref:3727532)   #2141
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 19 Apr 2017, 09:55 (Ref:3727715)   #2142
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Wanna buy a busted up BJR CotF chassis?

Or two..
Old 19 Apr 2017, 10:03 (Ref:3727718)   #2143
Umai Naa
Veteran

One's fixable.

Tallulah in the foreground, is not.
Old 19 Apr 2017, 21:54 (Ref:3727867)   #2144
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Boost Mobile Naming Rights Partner On #22 For Balance of 2017

Anyone notice the name of the founder of Boost?
Old 19 Apr 2017, 22:00 (Ref:3727868)   #2145
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands

Courtney Holden adopts new look

Nice look

I quite like the look of this years car
Old 19 Apr 2017, 22:50 (Ref:3727882)   #2146
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands

Livery tweak for Nick Percat Commodore

Quote:
BJR’s new signing and team-mate Tim Slade will also run a custom hamburger graphic around the car’s roof mounted ‘hamburger’ onboard cameras this weekend.
The design is not linked to any ongoing commercial opportunities.
Old 20 Apr 2017, 03:11 (Ref:3727901)   #2147
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That confirm Alliance on Slade's car then...
Old 20 Apr 2017, 06:16 (Ref:3727922)   #2148
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
PS2244 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.supercars.com/news/champi...int-wildcards/
Shae Davies to do some wildcard rounds as well and Macauley will run under car #4

Last edited by PS2244; 20 Apr 2017 at 06:30.
Old 20 Apr 2017, 06:17 (Ref:3727923)   #2149
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
PS2244 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sorry accidentally posted it twice whoops
Old 20 Apr 2017, 06:21 (Ref:3727924)   #2150
simonracer
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
simonracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And Todd Hazlewood, that's great to see. Will bring the Stone name back to the main game too.