Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Apr 2017, 20:43 (Ref:3727411)   #101
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And I'm sure he will, from time to time when he's able to raise his game, but he knows full well he's the #2 at Mercedes.
Old 17 Apr 2017, 23:54 (Ref:3727436)   #102
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Unless it was Vettel or Alonso at Mercedes, the driver replacing Rosberg was always going to be number 2. The team bosses would have known that right from when they signed him. If he came out of the truck beating Hamilton straight away and was looking like the main contender, perhaps at some stage of the season they would have made it more even or made Bottas #1, but he hasn't and odds are that was never going to happen. I suspect Nico was always the unofficial #2 as well, as soon as they signed Lewis in 2013 and he was beating Nico straight away.

Look at it another way, if both Rosberg and Hamilton retired last season, would Bottas now be their #1? I don't think so, they would have done whatever was required to poach Alonso from McLaren, or one of the RB boys as they're both at least as good as Bottas.
Old 18 Apr 2017, 06:25 (Ref:3727475)   #103
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
or one of the RB boys as they're both at least as good as Bottas.
Strongly disagree. They both are much better than Botass.

I posted THIS comment in this very thread before the season began. And I guess I was correct.
Old 18 Apr 2017, 09:50 (Ref:3727513)   #104
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Strongly disagree. They both are much better than Botass.

I posted THIS comment in this very thread before the season began. And I guess I was correct.
I would ask you to promise to publicly take back your words when Bottas defeats Hamilton, but I'm sure you'll be one of those people where if Bottas ever beats him there will always be some reason why Hamilton was hard done by. An example of this are those people who are saying Bottas only got pole because Hamilton made a mistake...
Old 18 Apr 2017, 12:56 (Ref:3727549)   #105
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Ok, you got yourself a deal.

I do solemnly swear that I will take back my words, and will also be Valerie Bottas' #1 fan if he beats Lewis Hamilton to the drivers championship, while they are team mates at Mercedes AMG F1.

The only thing I would like to bring up here is the issue of unreliability. It's no fault of the driver if he's engine, gearbox or any other component fails outside the control of the driver, and causes him to lose points. If VB has much more reliability issues than LH this year, then it's a no contest as far as this deal is concerned. And vice versa.

The only way VB is going to beat LH to the championship is if LH has more unreliability issues with his car than VB. Simples. Just as NR did last year. Or due to LH being taken out by a stupid move similar to Sainz on Stroll last round. Or Bottas on Hamilton Bahrain 2016.
Old 29 Apr 2017, 18:58 (Ref:3729939)   #106
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bottas owned his team mate this weekend up to now. Wait and see what happens tomorrow....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 29 Apr 2017, 23:07 (Ref:3729968)   #107
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
Bottas owned his team mate this weekend up to now. Wait and see what happens tomorrow....

Well, he out-qualified him again. Let's see what happens in the race though.
Old 30 Apr 2017, 13:40 (Ref:3730083)   #108
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Well - okay he did! I'm going to give him DOTOR for Russia.

Anyone predict Russia for his first win?
Old 30 Apr 2017, 14:09 (Ref:3730092)   #109
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

VB kept owning LH right through the weekend. Strong result in his 4th race. No way that LH will simply lie down though but looks like it's going to be a close year between them.
Old 30 Apr 2017, 16:36 (Ref:3730139)   #110
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Looks Bottas will be a threat this season. Merc will hope they don't take too many points off each other and give Vettel the title. Either way, what a weekend for Valterri. Threat of team orders boosted him maybe?
Old 30 Apr 2017, 20:11 (Ref:3730183)   #111
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The boy done good.
Old 1 May 2017, 04:11 (Ref:3730245)   #112
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lewis Who??

Old 1 May 2017, 06:26 (Ref:3730263)   #113
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
So maybe people will lay off him now?

Consummate performance all weekend.
Old 1 May 2017, 06:52 (Ref:3730265)   #114
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
The boy done good.
So he did. Well done on his first F1 win.

For the Mercedes team, they now have to make a very serious decision. Vettel is a major threat and Raikkonen will be playing wing man no doubt. If Bottas and Hamilton keep sharing wins, they will hand the trophy to Vettel on a platter.

A strange race for LH. He kept asking the team why he's car was overheating. Everytime LH put his foot down he was told to back off because of temp's. The team said over the radio that VB's car was also overheating. But it couldn't have been because VB was doing much quicker lap times, while LH was told to hold back.
Old 1 May 2017, 08:45 (Ref:3730291)   #115
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Uh oh, tinfoil hat time!
Old 1 May 2017, 08:57 (Ref:3730295)   #116
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not a mystery, surely. VB was in clear air most of the time, LH wasn't. According to team, they were both on the temperature margin but in having to follow, LH was a tad over it whilst VB was a tad under.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 1 May 2017, 13:15 (Ref:3730346)   #117
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i thought VB did really well in recovering from that flatspot. my immediate thought was that it would cost him the race but it didnt.

points wise, did VB's win/keeping SV behind actually help LH more than it hurt him?
Old 1 May 2017, 14:17 (Ref:3730370)   #118
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
It helped him, of course. If Vettel had got past, he would have scored more points. So, given the situation the top four were in, it was better for Lewis that Bottas rather than Vettel won. It's all very well talking about no. 1s/no. 2s, but that only works if you can guarantee both your cars will be running right at the front. If not, then what
Mercedes needs is someone who can take points from Vettel when Lewis can't.
Old 1 May 2017, 18:20 (Ref:3730413)   #119
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Let's hope Mercedes also has someone who can take points from others when Bottas can't.
Old 2 May 2017, 11:34 (Ref:3730537)   #120
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Let's hope Mercedes also has someone who can take points from others when Bottas can't.
Oooh flamebait!

Old 2 May 2017, 14:35 (Ref:3730569)   #121
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Apparent y the tyres were quite bad after Valterri flat spotted them, so it makes his win even more impressive
Old 2 May 2017, 18:13 (Ref:3730601)   #122
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Isn't LH down as saying he hates the Russia track? Pretty sure if you hate a track, you ain't going to win on it.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 2 May 2017, 18:35 (Ref:3730606)   #123
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Not at all. Jim Clark hated Spa but won there.
Old 2 May 2017, 21:35 (Ref:3730633)   #124
greentrumpet
Racer

greentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgreentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Not at all. Jim Clark hated Spa but won there.
Yes, but LH is no Jim Clark.
Old 2 May 2017, 22:23 (Ref:3730637)   #125
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
No-one is.