Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Oct 2016, 19:11 (Ref:3680966)   #76
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
presumably though both Diageo (Smirnoff and Royal Challenge i think) and now Heineken (i think they are now have the controlling share of United Spirits and United Breweries) still have interest in Formula 1.

of course they may choose to change teams or Heineken may be more happy with their deal directly with FOM, but i dont see these brands leaving formula 1 given that they still clearly think the sport is still a strong platform with which to advertise through.

that said, more worrisome for the team, i would think, is what happens when the Sahara sponsorship/money deal/well dries up?

i would support a Heineken title sponsor, a 'Force Amsterdam' renaming, sign up Max, and go back to that green that looked so good on the old Jordans.
Old 18 Oct 2016, 15:53 (Ref:3681136)   #77
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I think United Spirits is controlled by Diageo, though I confess I find it hard to keep track of who owns what booze brands these days. So long as I can still buy them, that's the main thing.
Old 18 Oct 2016, 17:07 (Ref:3681148)   #78
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
...So long as I can still buy them, that's the main thing.
haha, cheers to that!
Old 18 Oct 2016, 17:33 (Ref:3681159)   #79
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Not that everything on Wikipedia is to be believed, but: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Spirits
Old 18 Apr 2017, 11:02 (Ref:3727525)   #80
Neppatsrev Xam
Racer

Netherlands
Neppatsrev Xam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vijay Mallya has been arested

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/58239693.cms
Old 18 Apr 2017, 14:12 (Ref:3727566)   #81
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neppatsrev Xam View Post
I guess you could say bad optics for the team, when the boss gets arrested.
Old 18 Apr 2017, 14:44 (Ref:3727574)   #82
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
they already have an owner under house arrest so nothing new here.

actually think its fair to say that the team has done better since their owners' have found themselves in all this legal trouble.

even a case to be made that once meddlesome owners are out of the picture, then the proper professionals will have the room necessary to carry on with the work of improving the team!
Old 19 Apr 2017, 02:38 (Ref:3727677)   #83
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is Force India *really* worth $250m? Story Here
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 19 Apr 2017, 13:46 (Ref:3727760)   #84
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
It's a cliché, but the team is worth what people will pay for it. For $250 million, you get a mid-grid Formula 1 team with decent facilities.
Old 4 May 2017, 12:13 (Ref:3730976)   #85
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
David Brabham To Lead Consortium To Buy Force India?

And rebrand it 'Brabham'
Old 4 May 2017, 14:02 (Ref:3731004)   #86
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
He should look into the option of crowdsourcing some funds to buy FI. Sell different levels of access, etc. It is sure to work!

Richard
Old 4 May 2017, 18:55 (Ref:3731063)   #87
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Is there where Brabham make their long awaited return to F1? They'd certainly be picking up where they left off as the last Brabham F1 car was pink!
Old 4 May 2017, 19:36 (Ref:3731075)   #88
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Indeed I was thinking the same.
Old 4 May 2017, 20:36 (Ref:3731087)   #89
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
He should look into the option of crowdsourcing some funds to buy FI. Sell different levels of access, etc. It is sure to work!

Richard
Indeed - I was most surprised to find this is still running...

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/project-brabham#/
Old 5 May 2017, 08:57 (Ref:3731168)   #90
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post

Richard
More Here

A E250m crowd funding exercise might be a stretch...
Old 5 May 2017, 10:10 (Ref:3731183)   #91
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
Indeed - I was most surprised to find this is still running...

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/project-brabham#/
That's really my point. I didn't contribute to his crowdfunding project, but given it is both still active and IMHO a failure, he should be embarrassed to be talking F1 at this point. Frankly I think it's disrespectful to those who gave (and may still be giving) him money for the LMP2 project.

Richard
Old 5 May 2017, 10:58 (Ref:3731186)   #92
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Maybe.... someone has approached Brabham for the rights to use the name 'Brabham'?

Maybe.... it's not David Brabham who is actually behind this project.
Old 5 May 2017, 11:19 (Ref:3731190)   #93
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Maybe.... someone has approached Brabham for the rights to use the name 'Brabham'?

Maybe.... it's not David Brabham who is actually behind this project.
If so, it would be interesting to know the details of the deal. Given he is trying to create a team with the Brabham name, why sell/license the naming rights to someone else? I expect if you were to pay him for the rights to label an F1 team, you would want exclusive use to avoid future confusion (i.e. David running a sports car team under the name and someone else running an F1 team). It all just seems odd.

Richard
Old 6 May 2017, 21:57 (Ref:3731762)   #94
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
The sportscar project was a couple of years ago. It was supposed to be a big fan engagement extravaganza. But they all but disappeared.

David Brabham is no entrepreneur. So, it would be smart for him to sign of on a deal with people who are. I'd like to see the Brabham name back myself; but I doubt the prospects for that are particularly good.
Old 7 May 2017, 01:40 (Ref:3731802)   #95
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
The sportscar project was a couple of years ago. It was supposed to be a big fan engagement extravaganza. But they all but disappeared.

David Brabham is no entrepreneur. So, it would be smart for him to sign of on a deal with people who are. I'd like to see the Brabham name back myself; but I doubt the prospects for that are particularly good.
Regarding the sportscar project, while it was started a few years ago, the main Brabham website is being actively updated (news items from recent as roughly a month ago), still lists "Project Brabham", and the indiegogo is up and accepting money. So while nothing became of it with respect to output, it is still actively trying to sucker people out of their money... sorry, I mean ask for donations.

However, I actually like the idea this is someone else (cough cough Ecclestone) who wants to resurrect the Brabham name (given his history). If it is Ecclestone, I would be shocked if the Brabham family was involved outside of a cash payment and some VIP passes so they can be seen in the garage. Time will tell if they want money, or are serious about creating a team with the name themselves. What may be unfortunate is that maybe there is zero truth to this F1 rumor and then you have people like me rolling their eyes at the entire thing given the recent history of Project Brabham.

Richard
Old 7 May 2017, 02:02 (Ref:3731807)   #96
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
It can't be a bad thing to have a different owner for a team where its 2 current patrons are either in jail, or there are legal gymnastics pending to get the second one there too
Old 14 May 2017, 17:48 (Ref:3733449)   #97
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Another stunning job by Force India in Spain, making Williams look poor.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
Old 14 May 2017, 18:28 (Ref:3733460)   #98
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Brundle winding Bernie up about him buying the team on the gridwalk today!!
Old 14 May 2017, 18:46 (Ref:3733467)   #99
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Twice! And BE didn't deny it!
Old 14 May 2017, 18:50 (Ref:3733469)   #100
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Paradise City..."David Brabham is no entrepreneur. So, it would be smart for him to sign of on a deal with people who are. I'd like to see the Brabham name back myself; but I doubt the prospects for that are particularly good." Paradise City.

What a crass awful thing to say Paradise City? Unless you are Brabham or his best friend....You are obviously "in the know"...

Tags
diageo, force india, formula 1