Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Jun 2017, 20:28 (Ref:3746501)   #176
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
I just don't see these risk averse, highly strung teams handing Kubica a race seat.
Considering that Palmer finishes hardly any races
Apologies in advance to Palmer, I have no real feelings against him, but man I would love to see Kubica back in a Renault. And unfortunately at Palmers expense, he's making it easy.
Old 25 Jun 2017, 01:18 (Ref:3746553)   #177
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulahistory View Post
No it's Luis Garcia Abad.
Incorrect. Briatore and Garcia manage Alonso. Garcia also manages Sainz Jr.

BTW, Prost is a big fan of Sainz Jr.
Old 25 Jun 2017, 05:18 (Ref:3746557)   #178
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Incorrect. Briatore and Garcia manage Alonso.
That's not how the BBC describes it. They give Luis Garcia Abad as manager, and Flavio Briatore as agent.
Old 25 Jun 2017, 05:53 (Ref:3746559)   #179
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Ha! I'd call that the same thing..So, Flavio chatting with the Merc boys eh? Fly on wall comes to mind.
Old 25 Jun 2017, 06:54 (Ref:3746565)   #180
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
That's not how the BBC describes it. They give Luis Garcia Abad as manager, and Flavio Briatore as agent.

Take it away Fred...
https://youtu.be/zZ3fjQa5Hls?t=1m30s

In the meantime, talk from the paddock is that Vettel has agreed to a multi-year deal with Ferrari (apparently, 4 years + option). So guess Vettel is Ferrari for life.

So much for the crap story about a pre-contract with Mercedes.
Old 25 Jun 2017, 07:03 (Ref:3746567)   #181
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
So, Flavio chatting with the Merc boys eh? Fly on wall comes to mind.
23rd June 2017.

And then this... the morning after.
Old 25 Jun 2017, 13:09 (Ref:3746627)   #182
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
23rd June 2017.
Be careful... your brain will rot if you spend too much time looking a Flavio's twitter account. Self absorbed is an understatement.

Richard
Old 25 Jun 2017, 13:16 (Ref:3746629)   #183
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Those people have never sat at a table together before. This can mean only one thing. Mercedes F1 team will use Renault engines with Alonso and Webber as drivers.
Old 25 Jun 2017, 13:42 (Ref:3746633)   #184
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Why the roll eyes? Just a comment based on what is reported?
Old 25 Jun 2017, 13:43 (Ref:3746634)   #185
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Be careful... your brain will rot if you spend too much time looking a Flavio's twitter account. Self absorbed is an understatement.

Richard
Well it's a good thing I don't follow Flavio's twitter account then isn't it? Those photos were from elsewhere.
Interesting that you know about the content of Flavio's twitter account, and what it does to your brain. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 25 Jun 2017, 14:24 (Ref:3746652)   #186
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Well it's a good thing I don't follow Flavio's twitter account then isn't it? Those photos were from elsewhere.
Interesting that you know about the content of Flavio's twitter account, and what it does to your brain. Thanks for the heads up.
Google image search. Learn it, love it. Images are clearly initially sourced from Flavio's twitter account (which I looked at for the first and hopefully the last time today which is what generated my comment above). Given the need for the press to generate page views and spin theories, I am sure the photos are everywhere now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Those people have never sat at a table together before. This can mean only one thing. Mercedes F1 team will use Renault engines with Alonso and Webber as drivers.
Exactly!

Richard
Old 25 Jun 2017, 19:34 (Ref:3746793)   #187
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I almost daren't say it, but a link to the images or source wouldn't go a miss.
Old 25 Jun 2017, 20:30 (Ref:3746810)   #188
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Niki Lauda when asked 'bout Alonso in Flavios presence said "no". "We've already got two drivers". (Slight paraphrasing but what Lauda said was typical Lauda-esque bluntness).

And I don't blame him. Pairing Hambo and Alonso in the same team is a risk that isn't really necessary to take. Bottas is capable of winning and affords some equilibrium to the team. Alonso, in his turn, has been known to give team's upset stomachs.

Briatore is probably trying to stir speculation in Alonso to stir media interest and therefore stir interest with the teams. Or just raise the price Renault would have to pay to rehire him.

Briatore postin' instagram pix of himself with a big supergrin in the Merc camp. Like that's not tryin' to play the media.
Old 25 Jun 2017, 20:47 (Ref:3746816)   #189
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Alonso and Bottas would be a good team.

What?
Old 25 Jun 2017, 21:53 (Ref:3746831)   #190
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
I almost daren't say it, but a link to the images or source wouldn't go a miss.
Not sure if directed to me or F1Guy. Either way here is what I am pretty sure are the source of the photos...

https://twitter.com/briatore/status/878555618432487424

https://twitter.com/briatore/status/878345896039075840

As to the stories based upon who Flavio dined with this weekend, I don't put much stock in that. Based upon his social media, I think I am the only person who didn't eat with him. And barely hours have passed and I am looking at Flavio's tweets again!

Richard
Old 26 Jun 2017, 13:29 (Ref:3746961)   #191
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Alonso and Bottas would be a good team.

What?
Actually not an unreasonable hedge to set up in case LH decides to pull a Nico.
Old 27 Jun 2017, 06:21 (Ref:3747189)   #192
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Apparently, Briatore, Lauda and Wolff weren't chatting about a seat for Alonso at Mercedes. There was however, a conversation regarding Alonso and Mercedes for 2018.
Old 27 Jun 2017, 08:35 (Ref:3747215)   #193
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Apparently, Briatore, Lauda and Wolff weren't chatting about a seat for Alonso at Mercedes. There was however, a conversation regarding Alonso and Mercedes for 2018.
Eh?!
Bit less cryptic please!!
Old 27 Jun 2017, 09:10 (Ref:3747231)   #194
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
For Force India? To morph into Force Spain, with Mr Sainz in the other chassis?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 27 Jun 2017, 09:48 (Ref:3747237)   #195
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I reckon Alonso is staying at McLaren, just with a Merc motor.
Old 27 Jun 2017, 11:15 (Ref:3747253)   #196
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider View Post
I reckon Alonso is staying at McLaren, just with a Merc motor.
There is no fun in that...

Except for the grand prix wins..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 27 Jun 2017, 12:16 (Ref:3747273)   #197
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
There is no fun in that...

Except for the grand prix wins..
Everyone might assume that, but it's only Mercedes who are winning with a Mercedes hybrid engine...
Old 27 Jun 2017, 12:29 (Ref:3747276)   #198
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Apparently according to what source, about what specifically?
Or this another one of a myriad of rumours spouted which will be used to ego-boost an 'inside guy' when a handful come true in the way a sideshow psychic can be vague enough to appear right?
Old 27 Jun 2017, 12:49 (Ref:3747283)   #199
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos View Post
Everyone might assume that, but it's only Mercedes who are winning with a Mercedes hybrid engine...
Is that because it's MB detuning the others or the other teams can't stop taking each other out (FI), signing drivers for the cash (Williams, although he is improving) or disappear into liquidation (Manor)?

It's a cash spend thing, as F1 has always been, and MB has lots to burn. McLaren has cash to spend as well and with a better engine we might see how that chassis works.
Old 27 Jun 2017, 13:07 (Ref:3747286)   #200
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Whatever happens with Fred, I just hope it's a better opportunity than he has now in the dumps.