Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 12 Jul 2017, 03:48 (Ref:3750610)   #601
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Then again Dale Wood crashed into the back of his teammate at Bathurst in 2014, under safety car....
Yep, and was not penalised.

Not even docked championship points.

I should probably get over it but it irks me that minor infractions can be penalised but that incident passed without punishment.
Old 12 Jul 2017, 03:50 (Ref:3750612)   #602
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonracer View Post
while Tim Blanchard's only top 10 qualifying performances came when he was a co-driver to David Reynolds a few years back.
Amazing.

Especially for a guy Richard Craill described only this year as an "immense talent".
Old 12 Jul 2017, 07:04 (Ref:3750629)   #603
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't Skaife once refer to Wood as a 'Serial Pest' when he was getting in the way of the leaders.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Old 12 Jul 2017, 09:53 (Ref:3750656)   #604
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
mceci1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Craps all over David Wall. Puts Dale Wood on a pedestal.

Sound logic.
If you are saying that Wall is better then Wood, then I am lost for words. Wood scores a podium in his debut season, qualifies in the top 10 at Bathurst, runs in an alright place until he wasn't warned of the train by his team and he is worse then Wall. Not to mention Dale wins the Dunlop series title in his second year. He has some ability and a lot more then David, just hasn't had the car to get anywhere. Look at what he is doing for Erebus this year, Erebus goes from a mid pack runner last year, this year Dave and Dale bring them to the front and Dave puts it in race winning contention regularly. Remind me, what happened to be Volvo's worse season, 2015, just by coincidence to that David was there and Scotty had no pressure from his team mate. Yes there was reliability but that wasn't all
Old 12 Jul 2017, 09:55 (Ref:3750657)   #605
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Then again Dale Wood crashed into the back of his teammate at Bathurst in 2014, under safety car....
His team was at blame there, his engineer at least, trust me I have done laps around there and when you come through that section of the track its blind, he couldn't see who was there and they are under pressure to catch the train or receive a penalty
Old 12 Jul 2017, 09:57 (Ref:3750658)   #606
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver TBA View Post
Didn't Skaife once refer to Wood as a 'Serial Pest' when he was getting in the way of the leaders.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
I like Skaife but he is a person who sometimes opens his mouth when he should keep it shut.
Old 12 Jul 2017, 10:14 (Ref:3750662)   #607
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mceci1 View Post
If you are saying that Wall is better then Wood, then I am lost for words. Wood scores a podium in his debut season, qualifies in the top 10 at Bathurst, runs in an alright place until he wasn't warned of the train by his team and he is worse then Wall. Not to mention Dale wins the Dunlop series title in his second year. He has some ability and a lot more then David, just hasn't had the car to get anywhere. Look at what he is doing for Erebus this year, Erebus goes from a mid pack runner last year, this year Dave and Dale bring them to the front and Dave puts it in race winning contention regularly. Remind me, what happened to be Volvo's worse season, 2015, just by coincidence to that David was there and Scotty had no pressure from his team mate. Yes there was reliability but that wasn't all
I never said one was better than the other. You did.

2014 wasn't Mr Wood's first rodeo in the maingame. He's been around the Supercars paddock a long time.

Erebus are still mid-pack runners.
Old 12 Jul 2017, 10:15 (Ref:3750663)   #608
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I like Skaife but he is a person who sometimes opens his mouth when he should keep it shut.
Paul Morris said the same thing, if not slightly worse, of Mr Wood many Bathursts ago, for the exact same reasons.

Mr Morris rarely minces his words.
Old 12 Jul 2017, 10:51 (Ref:3750666)   #609
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Paul Morris said the same thing, if not slightly worse, of Mr Wood many Bathursts ago, for the exact same reasons.

Mr Morris rarely minces his words.
Morris is nothing but a clown. He may have won Bathurst, but still he knocks other drivers, yet he is the exact same. Ask many people who raced against Morris and they would probably call him a serial pest, including his team mates
Old 12 Jul 2017, 10:53 (Ref:3750667)   #610
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Morris is nothing but a clown. He may have won Bathurst, but still he knocks other drivers, yet he is the exact same. Ask many people who raced against Morris and they would probably call him a serial pest, including his team mates
The dirty dangerous dude, I doubt it
Old 12 Jul 2017, 11:20 (Ref:3750668)   #611
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
This 'clown' as you refer to him, gave a number of pilots in the series their goes at the main game, and in other series. The bloke that was leading the championship proper until last weekend was a PMM graduate.

As well as putting his hand in his own pocket to run the Norwell Motorplex, the Supercar Ride program, the Super2 team, and soon to have some involvement in SuperUtes.

Like him or not, the credibility is there for all to see...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 12 Jul 2017, 11:40 (Ref:3750678)   #612
Umai Naa
Veteran

Mr Coulthard, Mr Slade, Mr Perkins, Mr Fullwood, Ms Gracie, Mr A. Russell, Mr Heimgartner... not to mention mechanics and engineers, that have all gone through the PMM school of hard knocks.
Old 12 Jul 2017, 11:43 (Ref:3750679)   #613
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
always thought Nick Percat got well educated by PM in WA a few years back.
Old 12 Jul 2017, 22:35 (Ref:3750819)   #614
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
This 'clown' as you refer to him, gave a number of pilots in the series their goes at the main game, and in other series. The bloke that was leading the championship proper until last weekend was a PMM graduate.

As well as putting his hand in his own pocket to run the Norwell Motorplex, the Supercar Ride program, the Super2 team, and soon to have some involvement in SuperUtes.

Doesn't mean he isn't a clown though. I know he brought people through but he was a dodgy driver that's for sure
Old 12 Jul 2017, 22:38 (Ref:3750821)   #615
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Doesn't mean he isn't a clown though. I know he brought people through but he was a dodgy driver that's for sure
I enjoy his instagram page, he has some great friends
Old 12 Jul 2017, 22:46 (Ref:3750824)   #616
Umai Naa
Veteran

Quote:
The bloke's earned his fair share of trophies over the years. In all sorts of disciplines. Perhaps you should do some research...
Old 12 Jul 2017, 22:53 (Ref:3750826)   #617
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
The bloke's earned his fair share of trophies over the years. In all sorts of disciplines. Perhaps you should do some research...
Regardless, you can be successful and still drive like a clown. Look at SVG using him bumper to shove his way through, still has a pedigree and I would consider him the modern dirty driver or clown.
Old 13 Jul 2017, 00:31 (Ref:3750833)   #618
Umai Naa
Veteran

Yeah I don't think anyone really cares about trivial things like that.
Old 13 Jul 2017, 01:08 (Ref:3750839)   #619
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Regardless, you can be successful and still drive like a clown. Look at SVG using him bumper to shove his way through, still has a pedigree and I would consider him the modern dirty driver or clown.
Yeah, Senna and Schumacher too.

Dale Wood is better than all of them.
Old 13 Jul 2017, 09:58 (Ref:3750881)   #620
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Yeah, Senna and Schumacher too.

Dale Wood is better than all of them.
I never said Wood was better then Morris, you have implied it.

I said Morris was a hypocrite for calling others pests when that's was he was in V8 supercars. I like Paul but the fact he is loved to tap.

Wood is an underrated driver, I am not a fan of him and don't hate him, I'm neutral, however I regard Wood higher then Rullo from what I have seen in the too comparables, yes Wood has bad cars and so does Alex, Wood had better results. Alex has some talent but its being hidden in Lowspeed Driving Motorsport. He isn't anything outstanding though like Mostert, McLaughlin, Pye those names of the 2011,12 Dunlop era who come up and basically show that they have an incredible talent. Mostert debuted in 2013, no prior main game experience and wins a race. Same for McLaughlin, except he had a little more experience. As for Scotty Pye, he is just someone who has never had a car to prove himself, 2013 he has LDM, 14,15,16 he has a slow DJRTP falcon and this year he gets another shocker in the Walkinslow cars, DJR has been his best and at that they were low midfeilders
Old 16 Jul 2017, 06:20 (Ref:3751570)   #621
WatchingOn
Rookie

WatchingOn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Seems to be enjoying being a mentor and coach this year
Old 21 Jul 2017, 12:01 (Ref:3753304)   #622
DX20VT
Racer

DX20VT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
As for Scotty Pye, he is just someone who has never had a car to prove himself, 2013 he has LDM, 14,15,16 he has a slow DJRTP falcon and this year he gets another shocker in the Walkinslow cars, DJR has been his best and at that they were low midfeilders
Last year when he was teamed with Coultard,
I though he compared to him pretty good speed wise.
Old 21 Jul 2017, 12:12 (Ref:3753306)   #623
Umai Naa
Veteran

Both cars were equally inconsistant last year.

When Pye was competitive, so was Coulthard.
Old 29 Jul 2017, 00:09 (Ref:3755251)   #624
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Penalty For Muscat
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 7 Aug 2017, 09:02 (Ref:3757941)   #625
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Stanaway to be on the Super 2 grid at SMP

testing at Winton in a PRA falcon tomorrow with what i assume will be monster colours