Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 14 Jul 2017, 08:17 (Ref:3751099)   #2451
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
mceci1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
I didnt know.

KLnew they had been experminting with it, but missed where they locked it in. Orange, I thought it was pink
It was purple on SVG's car for defending champion at Clipsal and championship leader is either pink or orange. I thought though it was for practice only as the numbers still have to be day glow in colour.
Old 14 Jul 2017, 09:55 (Ref:3751110)   #2452
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mceci1 View Post
It was purple on SVG's car for defending champion at Clipsal and championship leader is either pink or orange. I thought though it was for practice only as the numbers still have to be day glow in colour.
ah yes, purple , remember the article now, Thanks for the reminder
Old 14 Jul 2017, 10:26 (Ref:3751111)   #2453
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
ah yes, purple , remember the article now, Thanks for the reminder
Its a good idea, but I'd rather see the champion with number 1. Its not being arrogant as SVG said he was worried about coming across as, at the end of the day if another team wants the 1 they will have to work for it
Old 14 Jul 2017, 10:37 (Ref:3751116)   #2454
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Its a good idea, but I'd rather see the champion with number 1. Its not being arrogant as SVG said he was worried about coming across as, at the end of the day if another team wants the 1 they will have to work for it
reckon SVG made himself sound arrogant by saying that. (my opinion)

at the same time a long history of tradition of not taking the no 1 in the extended series so i dont mind either way
Old 14 Jul 2017, 11:00 (Ref:3751125)   #2455
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
reckon SVG made himself sound arrogant by saying that. (my opinion)

at the same time a long history of tradition of not taking the no 1 in the extended series so i dont mind either way
True, as long as its close racing at the end of the day, which its been getting better and better for about the last 4-5 odd years
Old 14 Jul 2017, 12:55 (Ref:3751157)   #2456
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was funny during Race 2 at Townsville, we had Scotty start the race with an orange #17 and Fabs started with a yellow #12 on their windscreens

By the end of the race Scotty had a yellow #17 and Fabs had an orange #12 on their windscreens
Old 15 Jul 2017, 00:18 (Ref:3751314)   #2457
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
It was funny during Race 2 at Townsville, we had Scotty start the race with an orange #17 and Fabs started with a yellow #12 on their windscreens

By the end of the race Scotty had a yellow #17 and Fabs had an orange #12 on their windscreens
Someone forgot to change the tear off colours, I noticed it too. Naughty boys
Old 15 Jul 2017, 02:30 (Ref:3751324)   #2458
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Someone forgot to change the tear off colours, I noticed it too. Naughty boys
Team 18 still have the no longer permitted stylised number under their windscreen tear-offs from the start off the season!
Old 15 Jul 2017, 02:44 (Ref:3751326)   #2459
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Stylised numbers were cool.

Pity the teams couldn't come up with designs that were both unique, and easy to read.
Old 15 Jul 2017, 03:06 (Ref:3751330)   #2460
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
Mum said if I am a good boy, she will buy me a drive at Bathurst with LDM this year.
Why does your mum hate you so much?
Old 19 Jul 2017, 01:35 (Ref:3752654)   #2461
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Stylised numbers were cool.
Agreed, though strictly according to the CAMS general regulations the numbers should be in black Helvetica in a white box on the doors. Supercar teams got away with a LOT of liberties, before the introduction of window numbers...
Old 19 Jul 2017, 01:44 (Ref:3752663)   #2462
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Super Tourers ran a distinct font, way back in '97.
Old 19 Jul 2017, 02:32 (Ref:3752670)   #2463
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Agreed, though strictly according to the CAMS general regulations the numbers should be in black Helvetica in a white box on the doors. Supercar teams got away with a LOT of liberties, before the introduction of window numbers...
Long before the introduction of window numbers, V8s had specific regulations on numbers, approved by CAMS and in the CAMS manual of the time. Those regs were different to the CAMS general regulations.

Then V8s become an FIA Series and kept the same number regs, approved by the FIA and CAMS general regs on numbers did not apply.

Teams did not "get away with liberties" as you put it - they were compliant with the regulations for the series they were running in.
Old 24 Jul 2017, 07:36 (Ref:3753886)   #2464
sebringimsa
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
sebringimsa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting that one of the owners of Prodrive is selling/marketing new mustangs under his own name and brand. Prodrive does the same via the Tickford brand?

Info is on the Lorbeck Luxury Cars facebook page.
If it rolls, floats, flys or crashes, runs on gasoline or high explosives, shoots a big bullett, makes lots of noise, producing torque and recoil, THEN ITS COOL!! But if it's a ball made out of leather inflated with air hit with a bat, racquet or club, played on a course, green or court by yubbies or left-wingers it SUCKS!!
Old 3 Aug 2017, 04:07 (Ref:3757103)   #2465
Umai Naa
Veteran

Them Kelly boys done goofed...

http://www.speedcafe.com/2017/08/03/...-rules-breach/
Old 3 Aug 2017, 04:10 (Ref:3757106)   #2466
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
That's a huge stuff up, with their international pilot hungry for miles & education.

It seems like the budget from Mr Le Brocq was more important than losing him for the Pirtek Cup
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 3 Aug 2017, 04:15 (Ref:3757108)   #2467
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
That's a huge stuff up, with their international pilot hungry for miles & education.

It seems like the budget from Mr Le Brocq was more important than losing him for the Pirtek Cup
so is it lost from 1 of the cars or lost from all 4. Wasnt clear to me when reading

Doesnts eem logical to loose it from all 4
Old 3 Aug 2017, 04:17 (Ref:3757109)   #2468
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
so is it lost from 1 of the cars or lost from all 4. Wasnt clear to me when reading

Doesnts eem logical to loose it from all 4
All 4.
Test days are for the grouped team

Evaluation days are for the car/cars running them.

At least they dont have to rent the track/pay for fuel/accomodation/life on the gear

Old 3 Aug 2017, 04:20 (Ref:3757111)   #2469
Umai Naa
Veteran

Not sure why they needed to call it an Evaluation Day, when Mr Fullwood could have been slotted into a regular test day, to sample his new mount.
Old 3 Aug 2017, 04:51 (Ref:3757114)   #2470
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
All 4.
Test days are for the grouped team

Evaluation days are for the car/cars running them.

At least they dont have to rent the track/pay for fuel/accomodation/life on the gear

Thanks, pretty savage

Still dont reckon it will make much difference to the team
Old 3 Aug 2017, 06:41 (Ref:3757127)   #2471
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Thanks, pretty savage

Still dont reckon it will make much difference to the team
May be harsh but at the end of the day an error was made. I feel sorry for Caruso and Simona for the owners stupidity of not checking into the rules. Someone stuffed up in the team
Old 11 Aug 2017, 00:30 (Ref:3758708)   #2472
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
AP Racing Brake Rotor Upgrade
Old 27 Aug 2017, 21:36 (Ref:3762161)   #2473
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Prodrive Secures New Horsepower Wrangler
Old 27 Aug 2017, 21:40 (Ref:3762163)   #2474
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Lets hope it brings them closer to the front.

would be great if a few more teams can get a bit closer also, spice up the battles at the front even more
Old 29 Aug 2017, 04:24 (Ref:3762513)   #2475
Umai Naa
Veteran

Not sure where to put this...

https://youtu.be/Lp8g4hPAvC4

Whether you're a fan of the team or not, this is a great clip.