Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 10 Aug 2017, 12:19 (Ref:3758611)   #26
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
There was one with a bull bar (can't remember if it was the Triton or the Ranger) which was a little interesting if they plan to run bars in the series.
Well the series is sponsored by East Coast Bull Bars..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 10 Aug 2017, 21:54 (Ref:3758689)   #27
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
New Brake rotors to be tested at SMP
Old 11 Aug 2017, 07:33 (Ref:3758754)   #28
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Did I miss something or is the pilot of the second LDM sled yet to be announced for the SMP round?
Old 11 Aug 2017, 07:43 (Ref:3758758)   #29
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Still got a week to go, mate.
Old 11 Aug 2017, 07:51 (Ref:3758761)   #30
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So I'm still a chance?
Old 11 Aug 2017, 09:02 (Ref:3758774)   #31
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
So I'm still a chance?

Yeah mate as long as the cheque clears
Old 11 Aug 2017, 21:24 (Ref:3758911)   #32
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands

Lightning McQueen-inspired Supercar for Sydney
Old 11 Aug 2017, 22:10 (Ref:3758914)   #33
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Is it just me or does it seem somehow not quote right for a car previously spondored by an alcohol brand switches to a completely kids brand, and knowing they will be switching back to an alcohol brand at the next event, for Sandown?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 11 Aug 2017, 22:40 (Ref:3758917)   #34
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Different number, so kids might be able to make a connection
Old 11 Aug 2017, 23:33 (Ref:3758921)   #35
T-star
Racer

T-star should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Is it just me or does it seem somehow not quote right for a car previously spondored by an alcohol brand switches to a completely kids brand, and knowing they will be switching back to an alcohol brand at the next event, for Sandown?

It's irrelevant
Old 12 Aug 2017, 00:01 (Ref:3758925)   #36
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-star View Post
It's irrelevant
I think its very relevant. Kids at this SMP watching Lightning then at Sandown asking where Lightning is and then being explained too that its now the woodstock car. Very relevant

The thought police are coming for alcohol advertising, just matter of time
Old 12 Aug 2017, 00:19 (Ref:3758926)   #37
T-star
Racer

T-star should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think its very relevant. Kids at this SMP watching Lightning then at Sandown asking where Lightning is and then being explained too that its now the woodstock car. Very relevant

Kids can't buy alcohol Peckstar. Parents need to parent.
Old 12 Aug 2017, 00:26 (Ref:3758927)   #38
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-star View Post
Kids can't buy alcohol Peckstar. Parents need to parent.
sure they can, but that is irrelevant
Old 12 Aug 2017, 00:47 (Ref:3758929)   #39
FPV8U
Racer

Australia
3rd Rock from the Sun.
FPV8U should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

While I understand the point being made, if your dealing with kids young enough to buy that it's "lighting mcqueen" running around out there, wouldn't you simply say he isnt racing this weekend and then take them to the kids zone...
Old 12 Aug 2017, 01:53 (Ref:3758931)   #40
Umai Naa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Different number, so kids might be able to make a connection
My apologies.

What I should have written was that kids WON'T be able to make a connection between this, and the regular #19 livery.
Old 12 Aug 2017, 01:56 (Ref:3758933)   #41
Umai Naa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U View Post
While I understand the point being made, if your dealing with kids young enough to buy that it's "lighting mcqueen" running around out there, wouldn't you simply say he isnt racing this weekend and then take them to the kids zone...
Bingo.

I don't think most kids are really going to be interested in having the concept of commercial arrangements explained to them. It's hard enough with some members on here.
Old 12 Aug 2017, 01:58 (Ref:3758934)   #42
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Bingo.

I don't think most kids are really going to be interested in having the concept of commercial arrangements explained to them. It's hard enough with some members on here.
definitely is
Old 12 Aug 2017, 02:18 (Ref:3758936)   #43
Jam3s
Racer

Jam3s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
People need to find the negatives in everything.

THis livery has been doing the rounds lately, been racing in China as well:

https://icdn-6.motor1.com/images/mgl...mp3-racers.jpg
Old 12 Aug 2017, 02:24 (Ref:3758938)   #44
Umai Naa
Veteran

I think it's a great initiative. It picques the interests of the younger generation.

I'd rather my 7 year old follow the Lightning McQueen car, as opposed to the Shell cars that she's familiar with
Old 12 Aug 2017, 06:42 (Ref:3758948)   #45
RedZedMikey
Racer

Australia
Victoria, Australia
RedZedMikey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This looks great! Numbers on the side too, that is a big plus. My neighbour's young son is right into the current Cars 3 merchandise; I look forward to telling him Lightning McQueen will be racing next weekend! Has the potential to do well as a scale diecast too.

I don't buy into the whole Cars livery being associated with a liquor brand thing. It looks good, kids will love it, and then it will be gone.

Hopefully a few extra youngsters will be drawn into the gates at SMP, and then maybe give the series some new young followers.
Old 12 Aug 2017, 16:55 (Ref:3759003)   #46
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Talk about a non-issue, jesus...

Two of the most pro-Supercar members on this forum, who moan about anyone who dares ever speak ill of Supercars any other time, are now making a mountain out of a molehill over a car livery
Old 12 Aug 2017, 21:23 (Ref:3759043)   #47
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post

Two of the most pro-Supercar members on this forum, who moan about anyone who dares ever speak ill of Supercars any other time, are now making a mountain out of a molehill over a car livery
the issue of alcohol advertising regulation is coming. Its just a matter of when. They have already hit smokes, gambling is regulated in someway that increases every year or two and Alcohol is next and maybe fast food

funny that the people who normally moan about Supercars are suddenly taking a positive look, Seems like it must be the side that counts rather than any honest attempt at discussion

Last edited by peckstar; 12 Aug 2017 at 21:40.
Old 12 Aug 2017, 22:36 (Ref:3759049)   #48
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great idea to ban the cigarette money, alcohol money, the fast food money it will make the dogooders think they are saving us heathen's from going down the wrong road in life!

What next the internet providers banned from sponsoring sport in case we look up old car racing on you tube showing cigarette advertising liveried race cars!

We won't mention the gambling info commercials that appear during sporting events and the ploy to use your mobile phone to gamble!

I don't know how we survived the 70's when the local speedway was sponsored by Marlboro, the USA sedan team was sponsored by Coca Cola, and the only thing at the snack bar was hot chips or meat pies and not mention we sat in the sun without factor 50 sunscreen!

Dear Mr Slater and Gordon,
could you please look st a possible case of abuse and neglect against my parents for exposing me to loud noise, petrol fumes, the owners of the local speedway for exposure to loud noise, exciting racing, also there non availability of healthy food options at the turn 4 snack bar and sun exposure while sitting waiting for the evening racing to start during daylight saving, Marlboro cigarette company for sponsoring the track, repetitive playing of the Marlboro theme song, the skimpy models(especially that blonde one that had the large boobs squashed into that Marlboro T-shirt) that were present when the Marlboro Grand Prix was run every January.
The US government for sending out the USA sedan team each year during the 70's.
Regards
Kingair.
Old 12 Aug 2017, 23:23 (Ref:3759060)   #49
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post

Yeah I couldn't believe what I was reading either. Speaking of alcohol perhaps a bit has been drunk this fine weekend by certain posters.....
Old 12 Aug 2017, 23:24 (Ref:3759061)   #50
Umai Naa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Yeah I couldn't believe what I was reading either. Speaking of alcohol perhaps a bit has been drunk this fine weekend by certain posters.....
I probably wouldn't narrow it down to just this weekend...