Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 31 Aug 2017, 16:18 (Ref:3763225)   #751
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just no bloody willpower you two..........
Old 31 Aug 2017, 19:02 (Ref:3763264)   #752
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
And if you complained about a supplier?
After all, I think Alonso is employed by McLaren, not Honda.

No..He is employed and paid by Honda..
Old 31 Aug 2017, 21:08 (Ref:3763294)   #753
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Just no bloody willpower you two..........
What's will power got to do with it? You think he would call out Chevy like Alonso? Would penske appreciate that if Chevy were performing like Honda is in f1?
Old 31 Aug 2017, 23:28 (Ref:3763314)   #754
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
I don't care who he's embarrassing, you just don't do it. It's unprofessional. If I went on social media and slagged off my HR department, there would be consequences. And I don't earn what Alonso earns.
Well, Alonso isn't your average workerbee and F1 isn't a pedestrian business. I like to think of it as extra-professional. Or to put it another way, Alonso gave 'em a sting for them to finally get their act together as he can drive but he isn't getting any younger.
Old 31 Aug 2017, 23:55 (Ref:3763315)   #755
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
No..He is employed and paid by Honda..
Nope, multiple people have refuted that claim. Plus if he was actually paid directly by Honda there would have been consequences already as his ragging on the engine would have been more than enough to terminate his contract. Honda pays some of his salary to McLaren but he is 100% a McLaren employee and not a Honda employee in any way
Old 1 Sep 2017, 04:52 (Ref:3763353)   #756
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
What's will power got to do with it? You think he would call out Chevy like Alonso? Would penske appreciate that if Chevy were performing like Honda is in f1?
Interestingly, the Honda IndyCar program was a bucket of warm sick until HPD USA dragged in a number of F1 refugees (from places other than Honda)

The real comparison is the Lotus IndyCar engine, that couldn't pull the skin off a rice custard at Indy, leading to the cars running that powerplant being waved off & out of the race.

Lucky McLaren has no commercial sponsors of significance in value or signage space to annoy with all this.

Maybe we need a poll? McLaren to stay with Honda, go to Renault or put a Reliant Robin engine in the back
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 1 Sep 2017, 06:14 (Ref:3763365)   #757
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
I don't care who he's embarrassing, you just don't do it. It's unprofessional. If I went on social media and slagged off my HR department, there would be consequences. And I don't earn what Alonso earns.

So your saying that your HR department performs like Honda in its environment.
What steps are you taking to sort out their problems?
Old 1 Sep 2017, 06:21 (Ref:3763366)   #758
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
The #14 car will be starting from the back of the grid this weekend. Should help with the situation.

Not!
Old 1 Sep 2017, 09:25 (Ref:3763387)   #759
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
The #14 car will be starting from the back of the grid this weekend. Should help with the situation.

Not!
If there was nothing wrong with Mr Alonso's engine at Spa, why is every single component being replaced for Monza?
Old 1 Sep 2017, 09:30 (Ref:3763390)   #760
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Don't we want to see more passion in the sport? That's what Fred is giving
Old 1 Sep 2017, 10:03 (Ref:3763395)   #761
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
If there was nothing wrong with Mr Alonso's engine at Spa, why is every single component being replaced for Monza?
I think this is the new engine, which was meant to be at Spa. But wasn't ready for the deadline (lol...)
Old 1 Sep 2017, 10:08 (Ref:3763396)   #762
mikestow
Rookie

mikestow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That man is trying like hell to get amongst the pack.He can still outrace them all,as he has shown he is capable of with the likes of Haas,Renault,Torro Rosso,but then loses out along the straights.It must be mind blowing to have fought it out then to lose positions with Honda Power struggling for the 3rd year.what he says tells the public,what he is up against.It is an utter disgrace for Honda in its 3rd season to be so far off the pace.If those out there have never raced ,then you can not possibly comment accurately what it is like to be in a hopefully competeitive car,to be let down time and time again by the Lump in the back.It is no longer the possibility of a Moss, Clark or Senna being able to make up the difference with expertise.These days the cars need both a driver,and ample horse power from the backend.Yes indeed he is more than empowered to say whatever he thinks .PR or NOT.The Chassis seems fine the Power Unit totally unfit for purpose,as is the Gov Speak for similar challenges!!!!!
Old 1 Sep 2017, 10:50 (Ref:3763405)   #763
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I think this is the new engine, which was meant to be at Spa. But wasn't ready for the deadline (lol...)
Isn't it Singapore next? Better to take the penalties at a track where you know you're going to be crap rather than at one that's your best shot at points in the remaining races.
Old 1 Sep 2017, 10:52 (Ref:3763406)   #764
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
The plan going into Spa was that Alonso would get updates that didn't require grid penalties while his teammate would get updates that would trigger penalties. Then at Monza, Alonso would get an update that would trigger grid penalties. His Spa engine may show up again later. I can imagine it might be used in FP1 in the future to help reduce mileage on the newer spec engines?

Richard
Old 1 Sep 2017, 11:06 (Ref:3763408)   #765
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Quote:
It's a new Honda engine, version 3.7errible. Version 3.5hit was used in Belgium. Version 4.0rdinary is still behind schedule.
Old 1 Sep 2017, 13:32 (Ref:3763436)   #766
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
The engine that had nothing wrong with it at Spa is being used by Alonso today - and he has already complained that it is down on power.
Old 1 Sep 2017, 14:42 (Ref:3763448)   #767
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
The engine that had nothing wrong with it at Spa is being used by Alonso today - and he has already complained that it is down on power.
I think he used both the new one and the Spa one already today. IIRC that was the plan, anyway? New one, to make sure it is used and the penalties are triggered. Old one for the rest of the weekend.
Old 1 Sep 2017, 16:29 (Ref:3763459)   #768
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Respectable job by both cars in FP2, wonky engine in Alonso's car or not.
Old 1 Sep 2017, 20:34 (Ref:3763536)   #769
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
The engine is now developing so much power Alonso has been handicapped 35 grid positions for the race....
Old 1 Sep 2017, 21:33 (Ref:3763566)   #770
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
The engine is now developing so much power Alonso has been handicapped 35 grid positions for the race....
No, he's actually going to start in Milan......
Old 2 Sep 2017, 02:44 (Ref:3763648)   #771
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Prost, Abiteboul, and Stoll spotted inside the McLaren motorhome. What could they be talking about?

On another note, the deadline that I mentioned HERE, is apparently only a few hours away. What then for McLaren?
Old 2 Sep 2017, 04:46 (Ref:3763669)   #772
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Prost, Abiteboul, and Stoll spotted inside the McLaren motorhome. What could they be talking about?

On another note, the deadline that I mentioned HERE, is apparently only a few hours away. What then for McLaren?
Most likely didn't read your "comment".....
Old 2 Sep 2017, 07:19 (Ref:3763680)   #773
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Can't be bothered clicking the link to read whatever it links to. Can you summarise what deadline?
Old 3 Sep 2017, 14:15 (Ref:3764073)   #774
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Two DNF's... again...

Do we know the engine answer yet?
Old 3 Sep 2017, 15:15 (Ref:3764084)   #775
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Two DNF's... again...

Do we know the engine answer yet?
Not sure what was up with Vandoorne's car. Alonso looks to be a strategic retirement to allow new gearbox without penalty for next race.

Richard