Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 8 Sep 2017, 03:52 (Ref:3765316)   #676
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U View Post
Will Stanaway be having another run in Super 2 at Sandown or Bathurst?
Mr Stanaway would be on a hiding to nothing if he was given another chance at Super2. Based on the gushing after the Eastern Creek running, anything less than pole and race wins would be failure
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 8 Sep 2017, 03:53 (Ref:3765317)   #677
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Mr Stanaway would be on a hiding to nothing if he was given another chance at Super2. Based on the gushing after the Eastern Creek running, anything less than pole and race wins would be failure
Except in my opinion he was quite fortunate to get away with an aggressive move and it could easily have gone in the Chahda direction, so he needs more time. Like SVG and Courtney

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 8 Sep 2017, 04:10 (Ref:3765318)   #678
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Except in my opinion he was quite fortunate to get away with an aggressive move and it could easily have gone in the Chahda direction, so he needs more time. Like SVG and Courtney

I completely agree..
Old 8 Sep 2017, 06:05 (Ref:3765327)   #679
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
mceci1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by drftin View Post
at the rounds where he's co driver? doubt it
Why, that's the best time to do it, all the current development drivers do their races and ENDUROs
Old 8 Sep 2017, 06:07 (Ref:3765329)   #680
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:

That's the most logical comment I have seen in regards to Richie, he has the talent, but needs a little development time so he doesn't turn into a Courtney, SVG protégé and turn people almost every race.
Old 8 Sep 2017, 07:18 (Ref:3765336)   #681
T-star
Racer

T-star should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah - would hate Richie to become a champion of the sport like JC & SVG
Old 8 Sep 2017, 07:40 (Ref:3765339)   #682
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-star View Post
Yeah - would hate Richie to become a champion of the sport like JC & SVG
Yeah this.

We need to get over this mentality of hating drivers, who've maybe made a mistake or two 10 years ago, and not letting it go. It's unhealthy for the mind.
Old 8 Sep 2017, 07:58 (Ref:3765342)   #683
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Both of them were wild and heavily criticised in their early careers. It is hardly career killing to get some more time without the pressure of the main game. Alex Davison's credentials were not unlike Richie's let's not forget. Nor was Alex Premat.

Old 8 Sep 2017, 08:27 (Ref:3765348)   #684
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Both of them were wild and heavily criticised in their early careers. It is hardly career killing to get some more time without the pressure of the main game. Alex Davison's credentials were not unlike Richie's let's not forget. Nor was Alex Premat.

Who knows what 2011 could have done for Premat if he was in Dunlop, he is no bad driver, and has massive talent as we have seen, but my concern is the keyboard warriors will knock Richie when he has a bad round, already I see naivety in other statements, again. To be honest against SVG and Courtney, they didn't get their titles the way JW, did. They scored through consistency which is a credit to them, and shows the huge talent, but to be fair, it was down to two contenders before Bathurst last year, even Lowndes in 3rd wasn't as consistent, not through his error either, through errors within the team
Old 8 Sep 2017, 08:28 (Ref:3765349)   #685
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Yeah this.

We need to get over this mentality of hating drivers, who've maybe made a mistake or two 10 years ago, and not letting it go. It's unhealthy for the mind.
Who in the hell is hating against him, we are hoping that he gets more miles, so comments like that, 'hating' will not happen, I can assure those who want him in now will be bashing him in 12 months, as they did with Waters, as they are doing with Rullo
Old 8 Sep 2017, 09:30 (Ref:3765361)   #686
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think they were referring to your unhealthy dislike to SVG.
Old 8 Sep 2017, 09:57 (Ref:3765369)   #687
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
I think they were referring to your unhealthy dislike to SVG.
Well what do they watch, SVG has made his fair share of errors, I will admit his large amount of talent, but as for his attitude, its not good. Numerous times I have seen him when we go along to the races and he is arrogant a fair bit, sometimes is friendly, and also at the test days, sometimes fans come in for times when drivers are permitted to talk to fans and not busy, from QR I have seen Lowndes, Whincup, the DJR drivers talk, but SVG is more ignorant of them. I don't think in a level as highly credited as V8s is a good thing for your reputation. I was a big SVG fan a few years back, but now he has just got an attitude of I'm in a good car now, move or I'll hit you and off track its don't talk to me. He and the Kelly's are the only two who really stand out as arrogant, some drivers have bad days, I understand that, and saw evidence of it with Fabian at the Gold Coast, but he is friendly most of the time. To say SVG has made one or two errors in 10 years is naïve. They all make errors, some are truly errors, but SVG and Todd Kelly have admitted before to taking another driver out in anger. I wouldn't have an issue either with SVG's spins, but its the fact that behind closed doors he thinks he can get away with it because CAMs don't hit them is wrong, he was never like that once; and like I say, I was a big fan, when he won at Hamilton in 2011 was absolutely awesome, I was even a fan into 2013 but then he changed, 2012 and SBR didn't help
Old 8 Sep 2017, 10:03 (Ref:3765371)   #688
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nobody cares.
Old 8 Sep 2017, 10:09 (Ref:3765372)   #689
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Nobody cares.
No because having drivers crashing is acceptable, only two here who I see that think a driver with limited V8 mileage should be in a V8. Rose coloured glasses for them
Old 8 Sep 2017, 10:22 (Ref:3765377)   #690
T-star
Racer

T-star should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marcos Ambrose had no V8 experience and put it on pole first time out didn't he?
Old 8 Sep 2017, 10:32 (Ref:3765381)   #691
Umai Naa
Veteran

I've always hated Ian Geoghegan for that move he put on Bob Morris in practice at Calder Park in the 1973 ATCC. What a mug. Who does he think he is?

Old 8 Sep 2017, 10:50 (Ref:3765386)   #692
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mceci1 View Post
only two here who I see that think a driver with limited V8 mileage should be in a V8. Rose coloured glasses for them
*three

at least...

every rose coloured glass wearing V8SC fan was losing their collective excrement when Webber retired and they all thought he'd jump into a V8. He's never done a mile in a V8SC
Old 8 Sep 2017, 10:52 (Ref:3765388)   #693
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-star View Post
Marcos Ambrose had no V8 experience and put it on pole first time out didn't he?
In an era where things I'd say weren't as strong as now, a privateer can be less then a second and 20th in Qualifying now, back then what were the gaps, not that close. Now money talks, back then it did but not as prominent. Now, a bad few rounds can wreck a young gun, which is what I'd hate to see Richie do through a few bad rounds with either PRA failing for pace or caught in a crash. Ambrose had the talent, as does Richie, but look at Cam last year, a huge disappointment according to some. Yes some was the car, but some was him too. I'd say 60/40 team to cam in terms of bad results. He wasn't inexperienced. By PRA's own accord, they are a team that are very self critical, so there is a habit of criticism to themselves. from 2015 to now, we have seen a huge failure in form, Chaz is pushing a log further then it should be, the car is in a battle.
Old 8 Sep 2017, 11:50 (Ref:3765406)   #694
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
*three

at least...

every rose coloured glass wearing V8SC fan was losing their collective excrement when Webber retired and they all thought he'd jump into a V8. He's never done a mile in a V8SC
I dont know one fan, rose coloured glasses or not, that thought he would jump into a v8, He had been very clear for many years that he wouldnt do v8s
Old 8 Sep 2017, 12:03 (Ref:3765410)   #695
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
*three

at least...

While it would have been awesome, I didn't think it would happen, even Dan, I saw people on speedcafe getting excited after he drove the sandman, while it would be awesome for Dan to join, he wont. He has a good thing going in F1. Still lots of talent though coming across lately into V8s, Matty Campbell comes to mind, an incredible driver and very very greatful for what Bill provided him with, shame Bill never got to see him in V8s and overseas
Old 13 Sep 2017, 09:34 (Ref:3766460)   #696
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 13 Sep 2017, 09:39 (Ref:3766462)   #697
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
That looks like a story of no return, seen it before with other drivers, unfortunate.
Old 13 Sep 2017, 09:59 (Ref:3766465)   #698
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Mr Stanaway will be fine for 2018!
Old 13 Sep 2017, 10:01 (Ref:3766467)   #699
Umai Naa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
The writing has been on the wall for a while now, unfortunately.

Still, it's nice to put to bed many of the rumors and innuendo that has been doing the rounds these past few months.
Old 13 Sep 2017, 10:16 (Ref:3766480)   #700
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
The writing has been on the wall for a while now, unfortunately.

Still, it's nice to put to bed many of the rumors and innuendo that has been doing the rounds these past few months.

So I'm guessing she's split with the likes of Chris Jewell who was handy at getting blood out of a stone, that's not gonna help her. I'm not a big fan of hers but whatever's going on in her personal life I hope it all works out well for her.