Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Sep 2017, 13:01 (Ref:3766264)   #501
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by mceci1 View Post
The other thing I don't get with F1 teams, is why they constantly blame the manufacturer of engine for things that aren't the engine providers fault. Perfect example is Red Bull, they complain that Renault aren't good, yet Dan has had 7 podiums I think this year, and only 3 DNF's, in contrast, Max has had 6 DNF's and 1 podium, so it isn't an issue with Renault is it is being claimed as such, otherwise both would be out. I think in Red Bull's case, Max is overdriving, and therefore hurting his car
What great fun! You don't want to believe anything that isn't issued officially by all parties involved, but you then do want to believe your own theory that I haven't heard suggested by anyone in the paddock, even Daniel's biggest fans!
Old 12 Sep 2017, 22:34 (Ref:3766399)   #502
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So.. with all the pass the parcel stuff now confirmed Here, how much magic did Mr Brown and friends get to use to create this?

Possibly one of the most complex changes the sport has seen, involving 3 teams, 2 manufacturers and potentially 2 pilots as well, most with binding contracts, but with love missing, the merry go round could and seems to have been made to come true.

Amazing!

McLaren Renault & Scuderia Toro Rosso Honda come on down!

Perhaps we can now see some corporate branding pop up on the McLaren?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 13 Sep 2017, 11:40 (Ref:3766505)   #503
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
mceci1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
What great fun! You don't want to believe anything that isn't issued officially by all parties involved, but you then do want to believe your own theory that I haven't heard suggested by anyone in the paddock, even Daniel's biggest fans!
Are you anti Australian or something, that's the impression I am getting, and given the comment about us being miles from anywhere in the motorsport world, I am starting to think its true.

Also, what the hell is my own theory, I am going off solid evidence, Horner has said Renault need to pick up their game for a championship bid. Max has had twice the DNF's of Dan, which says, it isn't the engine possibly, Dan has scored 7 times the amount of podiums Max has. Max and Dan cop a penalty in Monza, Dan comes up to finish fourth, Max pushes his limits, crashes into Massa. If you cant see that there is pushing by car 33 going on then you are blind, its easy to see, why has Hulkenberg had limited DNF's. Look into it further before implying we don't know because we are too far away from F1's central, Europe
Old 13 Sep 2017, 11:48 (Ref:3766509)   #504
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
http://www.speedcafe.com/2017/09/09/...enalties-sure/

http://www.news.com.au/sport/motorsp...b38f9e30db2f0f

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...to-sort-it-out

http://www.espn.com.au/f1/story/_/id...-worth-renault

I suggest reading these, then see if my 'theory' of Red Bull saying Renault isn't good enough is just delusional
Old 13 Sep 2017, 11:52 (Ref:3766512)   #505
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bottas Confirmed For 2018
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 13 Sep 2017, 11:57 (Ref:3766516)   #506
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
I see Bottas was resigned, wise choice, no other options really either and Valterri is title material
Old 13 Sep 2017, 15:19 (Ref:3766562)   #507
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
So given that Red Bull are highlighting the engine, how is the conclusion that MV is to blame reached?
Old 13 Sep 2017, 15:45 (Ref:3766572)   #508
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Nobody in F1 has blamed MV.

All three Renault teams have suffered unacceptable reliability.

RBR have a great line-up of two superb racing drivers.

Sitting in an armchair however far away, deciding it is one drivers fault is a fools errand...
Old 13 Sep 2017, 16:35 (Ref:3766585)   #509
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
what the hell is my own theory, I am going off solid evidence,
I think this is what is seen as your own theory...?
Quote:
it isn't an issue with Renault [...] Max is overdriving, and therefore hurting his car
Ricciardo has also been critical of the Renault Engine....

Red Bull's Ricciardo expects F1 engine change grid penalty at Monza

Ricciardo: Renault engine the only question

Ricciardo remains wary of Renault engine ‘vulnerabilities’
Old 13 Sep 2017, 18:10 (Ref:3766616)   #510
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Possibly one of the most complex changes the sport has seen, involving 3 teams, 2 manufacturers and potentially 2 pilots as well, most with binding contracts, but with love missing, the merry go round could and seems to have been made to come true.

Amazing!
was thinking along similar lines...so many moving parts to coordinate in order to pull it off. really remarkable stuff.

i doubt we will get a full accounting of all the ins and outs but there are some good f1 journos out there that i think can make a good go of re telling the tale, proper interviews, time lines etc ...if anyone comes across any such features/articles please share the source, link, or publication issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
and on a one year deal...although, imo, he probably deserves a longer deal but with LH's contract also set to expire at the end of 2018 (i believe) i guess it makes sense for Merc to wait and see. but there could potentially be two seats up for grabs for 2019!

the 2019 silly season is going to be extra silly!

as for the rest of whats going on in this thread...settle down people!
Old 13 Sep 2017, 19:49 (Ref:3766635)   #511
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post

the 2019 silly season is going to be extra silly!
Multiple threads?

Speculations,
Rumours,
Stories,
Confirmations?
Old 13 Sep 2017, 19:55 (Ref:3766639)   #512
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I"m not sure we need to start new threads just yet
Old 13 Sep 2017, 20:59 (Ref:3766650)   #513
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
So Sainz gets the Renault seat he deserves
this statement is cracking me up, it reads as both congratulatory and slightly sinister

palmer and williams makes a lot of sense. it'd be a total waste of a drive in a way but it's the sort of thing that'd benefit both parties.
Old 14 Sep 2017, 05:23 (Ref:3766713)   #514
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Nobody in F1 has blamed MV.

All three Renault teams have suffered unacceptable reliability.

RBR have a great line-up of two superb racing drivers.

Sitting in an armchair however far away, deciding it is one drivers fault is a fools errand...
Your really pushing the limits, look at the evidence, Max, 6 DNF's, Dan 3, the numbers talk.

Also, don't dare say anything against my country or anyone from it again, you do and its a report. I never bashed on you and where your from, so don't dare say we Australians are dumb because we are in the best part of the world. You sit here and imply Australians in general have no clue, but numerous Australians on this forum, GTR in F1's forum stands out, as someone who actually is educated on what he is saying, comments from yourself have been unwarranted. I don't get stirred about much, but knock my country and I have a serious issue, and now you have made yourself an enemy, I wont be Malicious or anything like that, but I wont be backing you in any more arguments, I DO NOT appreciate your comments against Australia, your views on Sainz, I let go as those who don't have a grudge know the truth, but this attack against a country is uncalled for, end of story.

Last edited by mceci1; 14 Sep 2017 at 05:35.
Old 14 Sep 2017, 05:28 (Ref:3766716)   #515
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I think this is what is seen as your own theory...?

So explain, why does Max have twice the DNF's of Dan, most have been engine, same for Alonso, its a talented he, pushing an anchor of an engine too hard, simple and as plain as that, no scientific evidence needed to see what's going on, and don't put the aluminium foil hat on and say Red Bull are sabotaging Max, they aren't as it would hurt them more then anything else
Old 14 Sep 2017, 06:16 (Ref:3766721)   #516
peebee2
Veteran

Calm down and don't get your jocks in a twist mate!

I said "armchair however far away" - i.e. 10 miles or 10,000 miles.

I also said RBR have two "superb" drivers. One's from Oz, yeh?

On your strange theory, I HAVE seen the evidence. In the paddock.
Old 14 Sep 2017, 06:20 (Ref:3766724)   #517
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Calm down and don't get your jocks in a twist mate!

I said "armchair however far away" - i.e. 10 miles or 10,000 miles.

I also said RBR have two "superb" drivers. One's from Oz, yeh?

On your strange theory, I HAVE seen the evidence. In the paddock.
Evidence of a potential bad day. My point as for Max, you seem to be missing, is he has had more DNFs then the majority of the other Renault drivers, why is that.

As for the miles away, I apologise for getting fired up, but when you said the comment about being miles away in Australia a few weeks back and now that, it gives a bad impression, can you see my view on that.

Anyway, I am not one who likes holding a grudge, so lets move on, forget the past and look forward in F1 land
Old 14 Sep 2017, 06:24 (Ref:3766725)   #518
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Your really pushing the limits, look at the evidence, Max, 6 DNF's, Dan 3, the numbers talk.

Also, don't dare say anything against my country or anyone from it again, you do and its a report. I never bashed on you and where your from, so don't dare say we Australians are dumb because we are in the best part of the world. You sit here and imply Australians in general have no clue, but numerous Australians on this forum, GTR in F1's forum stands out, as someone who actually is educated on what he is saying, comments from yourself have been unwarranted. I don't get stirred about much, but knock my country and I have a serious issue, and now you have made yourself an enemy, I wont be Malicious or anything like that, but I wont be backing you in any more arguments, I DO NOT appreciate your comments against Australia, your views on Sainz, I let go as those who don't have a grudge know the truth, but this attack against a country is uncalled for, end of story.
I'm Australian and find you saying something like "don't dare say anything against my country or anyone from it again" to be an embarrassing reflection of redneck intolerance.Nowhere or nobody should be immune from reasonable criticism and it is not the role of blind patriots to decide what is reasonable.Your threat to report is disturbing.
Old 14 Sep 2017, 06:29 (Ref:3766726)   #519
peebee2
Veteran

No worries, anyway, I'm still trembling at the idea of being "reported!"

The reason Max has had more DNFs than Dan this year is the same as why Dan had more in the past. Bad fortune. Mind you, the number Dan has had this year is not acceptable anyway.
Old 14 Sep 2017, 06:49 (Ref:3766730)   #520
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
So Mercedes waited for Alonso to confirm his 2018 plans before re-signing Bottas?? Interesting.
Old 14 Sep 2017, 06:50 (Ref:3766731)   #521
peebee2
Veteran

I was going to write that all Renault drivers have had bad luck, but it seems one may have been playing with a loaded deck.

I'm no great fan of his but he deserved a fair chance at least.

Some think I don't like Sainz. Not true, I just think he would do better to knuckle down and work on the inconsistencies in his driving rather than play whinging politics with his old man in the paddock.

It will be interesting to see him in the Enstone team and how much support he gets when it doesn't go as planned. Their leader has two great skills. Politics of spin and self-preservation.
Old 14 Sep 2017, 07:03 (Ref:3766733)   #522
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
I'm Australian and find you saying something like "don't dare say anything against my country or anyone from it again" to be an embarrassing reflection of redneck intolerance.Nowhere or nobody should be immune from reasonable criticism and it is not the role of blind patriots to decide what is reasonable.Your threat to report is disturbing.
So being proud of my country and its motorsport, is a crime, look me up as I am guilty of being very proud of what we have done in motorsport terms. As I said, I don't get fired up often, but if you saw the comment weeks ago, then you'd get my point, if no, I couldn't care less, to say someone has no knowledge and sits in a country miles from anywhere is wrong, all I said weeks ago was Carlos Sainz was a big key to the silly season. Next minute, I'm told that we as Australians are too far away to understand what Sainz father was doing. That's wrong in my opinion, basing something off distance. The past is the past now though, I have cleared it up with PeeBee, and probably overeacted early, but I am not a bogan or redneck as you said, I take pride in my country, Bogans don't, very little respect
Old 14 Sep 2017, 07:05 (Ref:3766734)   #523
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
No worries, anyway, I'm still trembling at the idea of being "reported!"

The reason Max has had more DNFs than Dan this year is the same as why Dan had more in the past. Bad fortune. Mind you, the number Dan has had this year is not acceptable anyway.
Both should have 0, but that's how F1 is, its not like V8s, its a game of catching, that's hard given the advantage of the two big names
Old 14 Sep 2017, 07:08 (Ref:3766735)   #524
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
I was going to write that all Renault drivers have had bad luck, but it seems one may have been playing with a loaded deck.

I'm no great fan of his but he deserved a fair chance at least.

Some think I don't like Sainz. Not true, I just think he would do better to knuckle down and work on the inconsistencies in his driving rather than play whinging politics with his old man in the paddock.

It will be interesting to see him in the Enstone team and how much support he gets when it doesn't go as planned. Their leader has two great skills. Politics of spin and self-preservation.
Again, you may like Carlos, but leave politics out of it, it makes things confusing, I could say the same about Max, and how he is a spoilt little brat because of Jos, but to bring politics in, it then brings up other things, and eventually drifts off motorsport, I try to ignore the dumb political comments, and Jos has done it openly, I ignore it and see Max for his talent
Old 14 Sep 2017, 07:13 (Ref:3766736)   #525
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
http://www.speedcafe.com/2017/09/13/...bull-improves/

Note he says Red Bull must improve, not Renault, while I don't like how slow Renault is, as PeeBee said, they shouldn't have to worry about engine, we need to wonder what else underlies, with Toro Rosso Honda now confirmed, (yesterday in Australia that I saw, article's were written 13th) can he see a Honda fail, again and wants out.