Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 5 Oct 2017, 11:27 (Ref:3772046)   #76
naca
Racer

naca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So which of Honda Civic, Accord or City best suit Supercars?
Old 5 Oct 2017, 12:00 (Ref:3772056)   #77
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Accord.
Old 5 Oct 2017, 20:09 (Ref:3772163)   #78
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Makes you wonder with this announcement, at least a little, about the ducks & drakes Andretti Autosport with their engine supplier in IndyCar a little earlier this year...

Now... considering Mr Brown created some incredibly complex gymnastics to get rid of Honda from McLaren, and sidled up to Renault in a HUGE way, and given Nissan is Renault just as Renault is Nissan, whether the Nissan Supercar program may shift across to the new WAU Army?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 5 Oct 2017, 21:05 (Ref:3772172)   #79
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Interview Wity Andretti, Here in Australia
Old 5 Oct 2017, 22:26 (Ref:3772192)   #80
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
You would hope that news site would take the time to remove any grammatical and spelling errors in the meantime then...
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Courier Mail Article

Phelps Article...

Or not... Didn't think I would have to say "Factual Errors" but I forgot about Mr Phelps...
Old 5 Oct 2017, 22:45 (Ref:3772193)   #81
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
https://www.speedcafe.com/2017/10/06...emulate-djrtp/

Am I the only one that thinks that his exit from DJRTP maybe be repeated again with the new partnership probably wanting a better driver for results and quick smart?

I'm a fan of Pye but I got a bad feeling about what lies ahead for him.
Old 5 Oct 2017, 22:51 (Ref:3772195)   #82
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The new boss is in da house...

Old 5 Oct 2017, 22:51 (Ref:3772196)   #83
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
https://www.speedcafe.com/2017/10/06...emulate-djrtp/

Am I the only one that thinks that his exit from DJRTP maybe be repeated again with the new partnership probably wanting a better driver for results and quick smart?

I'm a fan of Pye but I got a bad feeling about what lies ahead for him.
No comments from Mr Courtney either... hmmmm...
Old 6 Oct 2017, 01:42 (Ref:3772216)   #84
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Landing spot for Marco when his Indycar exit comes?? (which surely has to be sooner rather than later)
Old 6 Oct 2017, 01:45 (Ref:3772218)   #85
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wonder if we'll see much crossover of personnel and even drivers with this. Amongst all three there's a plethora of different cars and championships which covers everything from LMP to Indycar and back again. Certainly a lot of knowledge and experience available. Might see the benefits of sharing simulation capabilities as well which can be beryl useful for them supercar.
Old 6 Oct 2017, 02:16 (Ref:3772225)   #86
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Press Conference Here

New shape Commodore coming... for now...
Old 6 Oct 2017, 05:22 (Ref:3772241)   #87
MichaelScott
Rookie

MichaelScott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JC Instagram said he is super proud to be a part of it
Old 6 Oct 2017, 10:39 (Ref:3772274)   #88
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I am not sure this will work.

With Zak Brown involved...any motorsport media companies for sale Down Under?
Old 6 Oct 2017, 19:49 (Ref:3772351)   #89
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
I am not sure this will work.

With Zak Brown involved...any motorsport media companies for sale Down Under?
Everything is for sale, at the right price...
Old 6 Oct 2017, 19:50 (Ref:3772352)   #90
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Walkinshaw Justifies Merger

Apparently 888 are going to struggle against the 'super teams'

Seems to be trying awfully hard to justify his own deal...
Old 6 Oct 2017, 20:26 (Ref:3772354)   #91
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Ganassi Next?
Old 6 Oct 2017, 21:52 (Ref:3772368)   #92
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Funny that for all this talk of the entry of foreign teams taking ownership in Supercar teams opening doors overseas for people, in the 15 years or so that TWR ran Holden's racing program before its demise, the only people I can think of to ever get gigs outside of Australia were Larry Perkins at Le Mans in 1988 and Craig Lowndes in F3 in 1997. Everyone from the category who has been overseas since; Marcos Ambrose, Jason Bright, Owen Kelly, James Small etc seemingly have done it off their own bat with nothing more than a few references.

While Penske has undoubtedly revitalised DJR, PRA struggled when part of the Prodrive empire with all of its Bathurst and championship success having come after it was was sold to Australian owners. Being part of the global Nismo program hasn't netted too many results for Nissan. At the end of the day, those with the best funding and personnel will prevail.

The question is who are WAU going to go after. Both drivers are contracted until the end of 2019 and while early terminations could be negotiated, realistically Courtney and Pye are as good as they are going to attract, no top line driver would go there other than for silly money. So maybe they will do the rounds for engineers, but the Adrian Burgess termination will serve as a reminder the grass is not always greener.
Old 6 Oct 2017, 22:56 (Ref:3772381)   #93
MichaelScott
Rookie

MichaelScott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Walkinshaw Justifies Merger

Apparently 888 are going to struggle against the 'super teams'

Seems to be trying awfully hard to justify his own deal...

I think you are being unfair on RW here. You complain when journos don’t ask enough questions yet here you are getting more answers, statements and interviews than expected. Time can be the only judge here but to have Andretti out here for the announcement shows they are serious.

This is a good thing.
Old 7 Oct 2017, 00:08 (Ref:3772389)   #94
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does less ownership responsibility mean more time to hit the decks?
Old 7 Oct 2017, 01:16 (Ref:3772394)   #95
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forda View Post
Does less ownership responsibility mean more time to hit the decks?
Possibly...
Old 7 Oct 2017, 01:17 (Ref:3772395)   #96
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
WAU Hires Carl Faux As Technical Consultant
Old 7 Oct 2017, 20:56 (Ref:3772714)   #97
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
62.5% Of Walkinshaw Racing Sold For $4.5m

Quite why Mr Phelps thinks that money will be pushed back to the team to increase resources is beyond me. It's Mr Walkinshaw's payday.

If the ownership split is correct in the article, the new shareholding of Walkinshaw Andretti United Racing appears to be:
- Walkinshaw 37.5%
- Andretti 37.5%
- United 25%
Old 7 Oct 2017, 22:11 (Ref:3772759)   #98
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Quite why Mr Phelps thinks that money will be pushed back to the team to increase resources is beyond me. It's Mr Walkinshaw's payday.
That was the original premise though?
Maybe he referenced your first post in the thread - "to invest in more engineering capability".

Who really knows where the funds will be channeled to - they might be primarily needed to cover a hole dug this year which still needs to be filled in?
Old 11 Oct 2017, 07:14 (Ref:3773587)   #99
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

If the ownership split is correct in the article, the new shareholding of Walkinshaw Andretti United Racing appears to be:
- Walkinshaw 37.5%
- Andretti 37.5%
- United 25%
It's Mr Walkinshaw's payday .... lots of assumption GTR ??

I'd see most of the purchase price going in working capital.
Old 16 Oct 2017, 12:19 (Ref:3774480)   #100
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Replacing ex-NisMoAu guru Mr Somerset apparently...