Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 3 Oct 2017, 05:14 (Ref:3771438)   #2201
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Well I guessed wrong on that one didn't I? So Liberty pulled the plug. $20 mill is quite an amount to be in arrears. Wonder what period of time that covered?

Wonder if 10 are behind on other sporting broadcast payments and what impact that may have?
Old 3 Oct 2017, 05:17 (Ref:3771439)   #2202
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Well I guessed wrong on that one didn't I? So Liberty pulled the plug. $20 mill is quite an amount to be in arrears. Wonder what period of time that covered?

Wonder if 10 are behind on other sporting broadcast payments and what impact that may have?
while we cant be sure, ten seemed to be behind on many payments to media suppliers, it would be reasonable safe to assume they were behind to other sports
Old 3 Oct 2017, 05:24 (Ref:3771441)   #2203
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
while we cant be sure, ten seemed to be behind on many payments to media suppliers, it would be reasonable safe to assume they were behind to other sports
That would be my expectation too. I would imagine that the sports concerned (including Liberty) were listed as creditors and thus part of the vote to accept CBS. Maybe Liberty had an issue with that but others are waiting to see how it all goes down?
Old 9 Oct 2017, 09:34 (Ref:3773179)   #2204
banksie
Racer

Australia
Victoria
banksie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fox Sports promoted several times across the weekend that from 2018 onwards, all Supercars sessions will be live and ad free. This means Bathurst in 2018 will be ad free on Fox.
Old 9 Oct 2017, 10:25 (Ref:3773191)   #2205
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by banksie View Post
Fox Sports promoted several times across the weekend that from 2018 onwards, all Supercars sessions will be live and ad free. This means Bathurst in 2018 will be ad free on Fox.
I wondered when I saw those ads whether it meant Bathurst would no longer be on FTA in 2018
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 9 Oct 2017, 10:43 (Ref:3773198)   #2206
William5
Racer

William5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
I wondered when I saw those ads whether it meant Bathurst would no longer be on FTA in 2018
Bathurst by law has to be on FTA. I guess its more of Ten's financial troubles than anything. Just like Australian Formula 1 and MotoGP that has to be on FTA
Old 10 Oct 2017, 00:19 (Ref:3773301)   #2207
Muznik
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast
Muznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMuznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Ad free is a bit of a stretch... it was majorly frustrating on the weekend the amount of times Foxtel abruptly cut to an ad whilst the commentators were mid sentence. Admittedly a lot of the time it was just their usual dribble but occasionally it was when giving info/update on cars.

And there were **** tonnes of ads !

At least they still had pic in pic coverage up in the corner but all in all it was poor production values IMHO.
Old 10 Oct 2017, 00:33 (Ref:3773302)   #2208
banksie
Racer

Australia
Victoria
banksie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muznik View Post
Ad free is a bit of a stretch... it was majorly frustrating on the weekend the amount of times Foxtel abruptly cut to an ad whilst the commentators were mid sentence. Admittedly a lot of the time it was just their usual dribble but occasionally it was when giving info/update on cars.

At least they still had pic in pic coverage up in the corner but all in all it was poor production values IMHO.
Fox went to ads every time Ten did, as part of the current (old) contract. That won't occur in 2018.
Old 10 Oct 2017, 00:54 (Ref:3773312)   #2209
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muznik View Post

And there was no RED button option which was great for switching to when the ads were played. I missed the 4 other camera options they have had other years. They charge me more and take stuff away!
Old 10 Oct 2017, 03:38 (Ref:3773334)   #2210
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by William5 View Post
Bathurst by law has to be on FTA. I guess its more of Ten's financial troubles than anything. Just like Australian Formula 1 and MotoGP that has to be on FTA
It is a little more nuanced than that, but if no free to air stations want it then Foxtel can show it exclusively.
Old 10 Oct 2017, 04:27 (Ref:3773344)   #2211
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Fox went to ads every time Ten did, as part of the current (old) contract. That won't occur in 2018.
I think the change to ad free also applies to Albert Park.
Old 10 Oct 2017, 07:33 (Ref:3773354)   #2212
William5
Racer

William5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
It is a little more nuanced than that, but if no free to air stations want it then Foxtel can show it exclusively.
Right even though its on the anti-siphoning laws which stipulates what events have to be shown on FTA. Surely FTA would want Bathurst, as its the pinnacle in Australian Motorsport.
Old 10 Oct 2017, 07:42 (Ref:3773358)   #2213
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Right even though its on the anti-siphoning laws which stipulates what events have to be shown on FTA. Surely FTA would want Bathurst, as its the pinnacle in Australian Motorsport.
The rules are clear, if FTA (#7,#9 or #10) don't want it, and #2 & #30 can't accomodate, it can fall off the anti-siphoning list Link Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Link

The scheme stops pay television broadcasters from buying the rights to events on the anti-siphoning list before free-to-air broadcasters have the opportunity to purchase the rights. The anti-siphoning list includes events the minister believes should be made available free to the general public.

Free-to-air broadcasters don’t have to buy the rights to events on the list. Even if they do buy the rights, they don’t have to use them: they could broadcast the event later or not at all. If they do buy the rights, free-to-air broadcasters can’t premier (or exclusively show) it on their digital multichannels.

An event is automatically removed from the anti-siphoning list if no one has bought the rights 12 weeks before the event is due to start.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 10 Oct 2017, 08:01 (Ref:3773360)   #2214
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
If money can be made then one of the networks will want it.

I would be surprised if no-one want it, and I am sure Supercars would be doing their best to find a taker.
Old 10 Oct 2017, 08:07 (Ref:3773362)   #2215
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
If money can be made then one of the networks will want it.

I would be surprised if no-one want it, and I am sure Supercars would be doing their best to find a taker.
Well Im sure ten would take it at no cost, But then so would others
Old 10 Oct 2017, 09:06 (Ref:3773367)   #2216
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
The rules are clear, if FTA (#7,#9 or #10) don't want it, and #2 & #30 can't accomodate, it can fall off the anti-siphoning list Link Here
I was surprised to see SBS providing coverage of the 1994 Sandown 500 -- excellent commentary from Marsden and Hagon.
Old 10 Oct 2017, 09:33 (Ref:3773375)   #2217
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
SBS covered it for several years.
Old 10 Oct 2017, 10:47 (Ref:3773387)   #2218
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
I was surprised to see SBS providing coverage of the 1994 Sandown 500 -- excellent commentary from Marsden and Hagon.
SBS did the Sandown 500 from 1992-1995

They did alot of motor racing in the mid-90s. They also did the 1993 Sandown 6hr for Production Cars (That years 12hr curtain raiser), 1995 Eastern Creek 12hr, almost two seasons of NASCAR/AUSCAR racing (they missed the first round of the 1993/94 season, and the last round of the 1994/95 season)
Old 10 Oct 2017, 11:24 (Ref:3773395)   #2219
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
SBS also covered the Sandown 500 in 2002. A great coverage and race
Old 10 Oct 2017, 19:37 (Ref:3773491)   #2220
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Well Im sure ten would take it at no cost, But then so would others
It appears that 10 has been taking F1 and probably Supercars at no cost for the last 3 years!
Old 10 Oct 2017, 22:59 (Ref:3773527)   #2221
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69 View Post
and the last round of the 1994/95 season)
When incredibly they got the dates mixed up and hadn't made any plans to cover the last round!
Old 11 Oct 2017, 04:35 (Ref:3773565)   #2222
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fox coverage was so frustrating with adds every 5 to 10 minutes which was to align with FTA. I guess atleast we got vision of the race whilst the adds were on.

Still a pain in the arsk but what other options do you have....nadda
Old 11 Oct 2017, 04:53 (Ref:3773567)   #2223
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
Fox coverage was so frustrating with adds every 5 to 10 minutes which was to align with FTA. I guess atleast we got vision of the race whilst the adds were on.

Still a pain in the arsk but what other options do you have....nadda
Go to it
Old 11 Oct 2017, 11:31 (Ref:3773641)   #2224
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
When incredibly they got the dates mixed up and hadn't made any plans to cover the last round!
Amazing that that sort of thing could have happened...And then the following season the 'Dome had no TV coverage at all until the final round
Old 12 Oct 2017, 00:32 (Ref:3773785)   #2225
Phillip Ireland
Rookie

Phillip Ireland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
Fox coverage was so frustrating with adds every 5 to 10 minutes which was to align with FTA. I guess atleast we got vision of the race whilst the adds were on. Still a pain in the arsk but what other options do you have....nadda

No complaints here, just muted the sound of the ads and watched the left box with the stream, and there were virtually no breaks in the last hour. Shows what FTA could have done for all those years where we got hammered senseless with ads all race long.