Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 12 Oct 2017, 17:04 (Ref:3773880)   #3076
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe has a real shot at the podium!skycafe has a real shot at the podium!skycafe has a real shot at the podium!skycafe has a real shot at the podium!skycafe has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by YZFrider View Post
^^^^Thank you for that
I second that! Awesome stuff!
Old 12 Oct 2017, 17:08 (Ref:3773881)   #3077
Matt
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!
Job opening for a designer/engineer for a motorsports project at a "confidential" plant in Belvidere, Illinois.

That's the FIAT/Chrysler plant.

They currently just build the Jeep Cherokee there, and they've started construction on a testing facility. Perfect cover for an Indycar or DPi project. Someone I'm close with is adamant it's an Alfa DPi project.
Old 12 Oct 2017, 17:29 (Ref:3773882)   #3078
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Someone I'm close with is adamant it's an Alfa DPi project.
Oh, yes! That would be visually fantastic. I imagine it would be with a big, farty turbo V6. But visually, I hope it is a stunner!

Or it could look like that.

Chris
Old 12 Oct 2017, 17:39 (Ref:3773883)   #3079
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 has a real shot at the podium!TF110 has a real shot at the podium!TF110 has a real shot at the podium!TF110 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Job opening for a designer/engineer for a motorsports project at a "confidential" plant in Belvidere, Illinois.

That's the FIAT/Chrysler plant.

They currently just build the Jeep Cherokee there, and they've started construction on a testing facility. Perfect cover for an Indycar or DPi project. Someone I'm close with is adamant it's an Alfa DPi project.
Could be anything. If it's a jeep factory it could be something that involves those types of vehicles. One would like to see a dpi but a testing facility at a Jeep factory? Any off-road motorsports Chrysler is involved in?
Old 12 Oct 2017, 17:53 (Ref:3773884)   #3080
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Could be anything.
Including a DPi project.

L.P.
Old 14 Oct 2017, 01:02 (Ref:3774091)   #3081
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 has a real shot at the podium!TF110 has a real shot at the podium!TF110 has a real shot at the podium!TF110 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Including a DPi project.

L.P.
I thought that was apparent from my post.
Old 14 Oct 2017, 04:50 (Ref:3774112)   #3082
JHamilton
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Including a DPi project.

L.P.
That would be awesome but given Dodge's focus on drag racing, do you think it's likely?
Old 14 Oct 2017, 04:51 (Ref:3774113)   #3083
JHamilton
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
That would be awesome but given Dodge's focus on drag racing, do you think it's likely?
Alfa... Nevermind, I've been on the bourbon.
Old 14 Oct 2017, 21:27 (Ref:3774214)   #3084
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!
Alfa is bringing the Guilietta TCR car to both TCR fields so I'd believe that over a DPi project. It sounds like they are serious about bringing Alfa back and I'm thinking hipsters would think they're cool with a new hatchback.
Old 14 Oct 2017, 21:34 (Ref:3774216)   #3085
canaglia
Racer

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe am I wrong, but alfa romeo giulietta tcr is made by romeo ferraris, an italian tuner, with poor (or nothing at all) effort by alfa romeo.
But anyway, a DPi program is really really unlikely for any FCA brand to me.
Old 14 Oct 2017, 21:38 (Ref:3774217)   #3086
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!broadrun96 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
Maybe am I wrong, but alfa romeo giulietta tcr is made by romeo ferraris, an italian tuner, with poor (or nothing at all) effort by alfa romeo.
But anyway, a DPi program is really really unlikely for any FCA brand to me.
Believe most of the TCR chassis are built by tuners but it sounded like Alfa wanted to push the car in racing before its US release. Providing support would be a good way to improve the car, assuming the homologation allows that.

But DPi sounds like a step too far for FCA.
Old 14 Oct 2017, 21:53 (Ref:3774219)   #3087
canaglia
Racer

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Believe most of the TCR chassis are built by tuners but it sounded like Alfa wanted to push the car in racing before its US release. Providing support would be a good way to improve the car, assuming the homologation allows that.

Let's say that FCA doesn't need a "win on sunday, sell on monday" racing program in USA, being the most successful market for ferrari and maserati.
Alfa romeo released giulia with the goal to break the 3 german manufacturers hegemony in luxury sedan segment; guess they are aiming more for europe than USA... but who knows.
An alfa DPi program could be planned and done in 3 months....
bring a dallara lmp2 chassis, modify rear subframes and suspensions to fit the 488 gt3 engine, change nose/headlights and you get a brand new car for team risi.
Old 14 Oct 2017, 23:15 (Ref:3774227)   #3088
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post

Most are factory customer racing efforts actually.

Alfa - Romeo Ferraris
Audi - Factory
Ford - FRD
Honda - Factory (JAS)
Hyundai - Factory
Kia - STARD (factory approved, dunno how much assistance)
Opel - Factory
Peugeot - Factory(?)
Seat - Factory
Subaru - Top Run
VW - Factory (built at Seat)
Old 16 Oct 2017, 16:54 (Ref:3774518)   #3089
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ACO allow Joker for Dallara, Ligier and Riley/Multimatic. Seems that all will get aero in both Le Mans and Sprint configurations and the R/M Mk. 30 probably getting other chassis allowances. These upgrades will also be applied to the DPi where applicable. The upgrades will be free to all teams/chassis.

https://www.lemans.org/en/news/lmp2-...for-2018/47565

L.P.
Old 16 Oct 2017, 17:04 (Ref:3774522)   #3090
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCoach Ep should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCoach Ep should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well done ACO/Oreca!