Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 23 Nov 2017, 18:00 (Ref:3782451)   #1026
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
If Rebellion make the jump to LMP1, I highly suspect they will use this Nissan V6 Cosworth, its a very good LMP1 engine, its a crying shame the Kolles car got taken out at LeMans, but qualifying certainly did say something, they thought it could go even faster as they never got a clear run in qualy.
I had read that Kolles had an exclusivity with Nissan to use the engine, but I don't know when it finish. I think somebody from Rebellion said they can't choose the engine for that reason.
Old 23 Nov 2017, 19:29 (Ref:3782468)   #1027
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm not entirely sure why Nissan would want exclusivity contract with Kolles, especially considering how much they wanted to be back in LMP1 as supplier (last year)

Anyway... it's always been a car decent-ish at Le Mans, and terrible at the high downforce tracks, I expect the same to continue next year. Rarely do their updates actually tend to work but it's admirable that they continue to try and fight the system
Old 23 Nov 2017, 19:34 (Ref:3782469)   #1028
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They updated their Facebook account with this comment

Quote:
ByKOLLES RACING completed Aragon Test
ByKOLLES Racing has completed an intensive three-days testing program at Motorland in Aragon. The action on the Spanish circuit was finalised to test new development parts on the Enso CLM P1/01 in preparation of the 2018/19 WEC super season and the Le Mans 24hours race.
The drivers selected for this test are regular ByKolles driver Oliver Webb, James Rossiter, French Tom Dillmann (2016 World Series 3.5 V8 champion), Italian Edoardo Liberati (2016 GT Asia champion) and Canadian Mikael Grenier (2017 European Supertrofeo Lamborghini champion); the last three drivers being under Manfredi Ravetto's scouting and advisory.
ByKOLLES Racing is scheduling its next development test for the second decade of December, venue to be confirmed.
"We are pleased with the progresses made on both reliability and performance" says Boris Bermes, ByKOLLES Director of Racing Operations. "All drivers did a solid job and our team is happy to attract such young and competitive drivers."
Old 23 Nov 2017, 19:57 (Ref:3782477)   #1029
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks for sharing that!

Their media updates are so far in between and often confusing that I've kinda stopped checking them in, but they are still pushing which is good
Old 23 Nov 2017, 20:22 (Ref:3782480)   #1030
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Thanks for sharing that!

Their media updates are so far in between and often confusing that I've kinda stopped checking them in, but they are still pushing which is good
yeah, their communications are usually in german.

Three days of testing is something serious, good for them.
Old 23 Nov 2017, 20:29 (Ref:3782482)   #1031
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Baldi View Post
yeah, their communications are usually in german.

Three days of testing is something serious, good for them.
Yes, though their drivers tweet some solid info sometimes, at least they used to

They must've shared the track with United Autosports LMP2 and Alonso on Tuesday, then. Wonder how they matched on that back straight
Old 23 Nov 2017, 20:58 (Ref:3782487)   #1032
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
yes he is hardly hanging around, fair play to this plucky little team, they dont seem liked much by the media, but they do try hard......can anyone see the rpm's the engine is pulling? the resolution on my screen is not great.....it didnt sound like it was screaming, but what do I know!
I always route for this team, the underdog. The reason they don't get much love from the media is the way they treat them. I was writing a piece on them (Lotus) in 2014 and I got the run-around setting up an interview. They were very secretive and blew me off repeatly once at the track. Meanwhile David Richards of Aston Martin, who I randomly approached, was more than gracious - so I wrote a piece on Aston Martin instead.
Old 23 Nov 2017, 22:49 (Ref:3782513)   #1033
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
This is the german article about Rebellion where they say that ByKolles have the exclusivity on the Nissan engines.

Translated from german (it also says that Rebellion could join with two cars)

Quote:
Nismo will continue to supply ByKolles exclusively. Gibson and Judd have corresponding engines on offer. In addition, another variant is conceivable: The British engine tuner Neil Brown offers with his company NBE the current V8 DTM engine from Audi for use in prototypes, although the unit is considered very heavy.

source
Old 23 Nov 2017, 23:10 (Ref:3782520)   #1034
Deleted
Veteran

The years of "boring engine variety" are finally over at least

Toyota (confirmed)
AER (confirmed)
Zytek-Gibson (confirmed)
Mecachrome (confirmed)
Nissan (confirmed)
Judd-AIM (possible)
NBE (possible)

Plus the others we heard about years ago but are less likely to materialize
Old 24 Nov 2017, 09:09 (Ref:3782589)   #1035
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If Kolles have exclusivity on the Nissan-Cosworth V6, which I admit does surprise me......I would suspect Rebellion would therefore sway towards either Gibson or Judd........

for me the Gibson is the risky option by far, the fuel consumption and torque curve will be poor compared to the turbo engines......it will be a similar situation to when they ran the Toyota V8 NA engine......just a simple and easy option to install, but un-competitive on the track in comparison to the competition.

I would therefore suspect the Judd 5.5 V10 would be a well proven and reliable option, although the V10 does need a DI conversion.......I just dont see Rebellion teaming up with AER again, but perhaps I am wrong.
Old 24 Nov 2017, 09:41 (Ref:3782594)   #1036
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Pulling the video out from Instragram and the Javascript frees it up to be more clearly viewed:
https://scontent-arn2-1.cdninstagram...38966272_n.mp4

I seem to read 323Km/h. I can't find where the revs should be stated in the wheel.
I kept pausing and restarting, I was sure pretty I saw 332 but was on my phone. Though they were at full throttle for a long time.
Old 24 Nov 2017, 10:12 (Ref:3782600)   #1037
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I kept pausing and restarting, I was sure pretty I saw 332 but was on my phone. Though they were at full throttle for a long time.
I managed to get 331, but there was a little time before braking after that. I'd estimate 332-335 before lifting.
Attached Images

Old 24 Nov 2017, 11:20 (Ref:3782611)   #1038
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If both Kolles-Nissan and BR-AER have been testing at Aragon, does anyone have any lap-times to compare?
Old 24 Nov 2017, 12:03 (Ref:3782613)   #1039
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
If both Kolles-Nissan and BR-AER have been testing at Aragon, does anyone have any lap-times to compare?
Handy to have United Autosports LMP2 times as well for comparison. But I don't suppose anyone has any times...
Were AMR testing the new Vantage at the same time?
Old 24 Nov 2017, 15:07 (Ref:3782636)   #1040
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
If Kolles have exclusivity on the Nissan-Cosworth V6, which I admit does surprise me......I would suspect Rebellion would therefore sway towards either Gibson or Judd........

for me the Gibson is the risky option by far, the fuel consumption and torque curve will be poor compared to the turbo engines......it will be a similar situation to when they ran the Toyota V8 NA engine......just a simple and easy option to install, but un-competitive on the track in comparison to the competition.

I would therefore suspect the Judd 5.5 V10 would be a well proven and reliable option, although the V10 does need a DI conversion.......I just dont see Rebellion teaming up with AER again, but perhaps I am wrong.
I think Rebellion will go with Zytek, for the same reason Dragonspeed went for it with the BR... reliability will probably be more important in this first year than speed.

It might lack against the other engines, but if they indeed go with Oreca and it's anything like the previous three chassis, the design probably will supplement the power deficit

Anyway I still HOPE they pick Judd
Old 24 Nov 2017, 16:17 (Ref:3782646)   #1041
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't remeber if it was rebellion or another oreca team, but early this year, oreca 07 was testing at aragon as well and it was revealed that the car touched 340km/h more than once.... so CLM hitting >330km/h isn't so shocking to me... considering also that the car is (in theory) 70-80kg lighter than an lmp2 a 100hp more powerful, is almost quite disappointing indeed.
Old 24 Nov 2017, 16:18 (Ref:3782647)   #1042
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Kolles is the most elusive team of the whole WEC, what makes you think that they are going to share private test laptimes?
Old 24 Nov 2017, 16:23 (Ref:3782649)   #1043
canaglia
Veteran

Quote:
I think Rebellion will go with Zytek, for the same reason Dragonspeed went for it with the BR... reliability will probably be more important in this first year than speed.

It might lack against the other engines, but if they indeed go with Oreca and it's anything like the previous three chassis, the design probably will supplement the power deficit

At the end has been revealed if the "new" judd V10 is 72 or 90 degrees?

http://juddpower.com/our-engines/judd-gv-5-0-5-5l-v10/

this still gives 72. And according to them, it needs a rebuilding after 3000km... quite wierd considering that le mans race is over 5000km.... it's just if they're telling you: "watch out, with this engine you won't finish the race"

anyway to me is very unlikely that someone will pick the judd, just because it would need a lot of rework around the rear subframe
Old 24 Nov 2017, 16:25 (Ref:3782650)   #1044
GasperG
Veteran

Slovenia
GasperG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:

Just a reminder, there will be EoT between turbo and NA engine, so I would not count out the NA option.
Old 24 Nov 2017, 16:32 (Ref:3782652)   #1045
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Quote:

The new ACO technical regulations for the LMP1 will be implemented an Equivalence of Technology between turbo compressed and normally aspirated engines (as done in the past between petrol and diesel).
I suppose that then the NA engines will be competitive.
http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/f...ons-from-2018/
Old 24 Nov 2017, 22:39 (Ref:3782728)   #1046
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I managed to get 331, but there was a little time before braking after that. I'd estimate 332-335 before lifting.
Good shot. I think around the 23-24 second mark is when I saw 332 and there was another few seconds before he braked. So I agree with your estimate.

On top speeds, they were the fastest on the straight at Le Mans last year overall through the weekend but I think they added some wing to the car to get a better lap time for the race. The Dallara p2's were one-trick ponies in that regard.
Old 25 Nov 2017, 09:18 (Ref:3782853)   #1047
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
At the end has been revealed if the "new" judd V10 is 72 or 90 degrees?

http://juddpower.com/our-engines/judd-gv-5-0-5-5l-v10/

this still gives 72. And according to them, it needs a rebuilding after 3000km... quite wierd considering that le mans race is over 5000km.... it's just if they're telling you: "watch out, with this engine you won't finish the race"

anyway to me is very unlikely that someone will pick the judd, just because it would need a lot of rework around the rear subframe
The Judd AIM has a 90 degree V angle and 5000km rebuild interval.

http://juddpower.com/our-engines/aim-lmp1-engine/
Old 2 Dec 2017, 18:06 (Ref:3784770)   #1048
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Quote:
Dillmann keen on ByKolles drive after Aragon test

https://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/...n-test-984969/
Old 12 Dec 2017, 00:00 (Ref:3786423)   #1049
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Baldi View Post
This is the german article about Rebellion where they say that ByKolles have the exclusivity on the Nissan engines.

Translated from german (it also says that Rebellion could join with two cars)

source
Not my understanding (the Nissan bit)
Old 12 Dec 2017, 01:10 (Ref:3786426)   #1050
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
Not my understanding (the Nissan bit)

Is that a 'you could well see a Nissan in a Rebellion' hint?