Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Dec 2017, 12:34 (Ref:3785636)   #1
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Top 10 F1 Drivers of 2017

F1 team bosses have voted on the drivers of the year.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/t...s-poll-986695/

Pos.DriverTeamPts.2017/2016
1 Lewis HamiltonMercedes233No change
2 Max VerstappenRed Bull143No change
3 Sebastian VettelFerrari141Up two
4 Daniel RicciardoRed Bull112No change
5 Esteban OconForce India73New entry
6 Fernando AlonsoMcLaren65No change
=7 Kimi RaikkonenFerrari49No change
=7 Carlos SainzSTR/Renault49Up two
9 Nico HulkenbergRenault47New entry
10 Valtteri BottasMercedes39Down one

My own top 10 would look quite similar apart from Raikonnen, who I know has a big fan base, but would not get in my top 10. Replace him with Perez, and that would probably be my top 10.
Old 7 Dec 2017, 16:52 (Ref:3785677)   #2
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Make it top twenty and all shall have prizes....
Old 7 Dec 2017, 17:24 (Ref:3785682)   #3
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
nice to see Ocon at 5th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
Make it top twenty and all shall have prizes....
would have to make it top 25 for every 2017 driver to get a prize this year!
Old 7 Dec 2017, 18:02 (Ref:3785686)   #4
loon
Racer

loon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridloon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
autosport is hardly an impartial judge is it
Old 7 Dec 2017, 19:26 (Ref:3785704)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by loon View Post
autosport is hardly an impartial judge is it
What?! I’d not even considered this, I’m so naive. Autosport took the responses from team owners and then fixed the answers? Crikey. I didn’t think they would stoop that low, but this is the second year Alonso has come sixth so it kind of makes sense. Thanks for letting us know.
Old 7 Dec 2017, 19:55 (Ref:3785710)   #6
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If you don't belive it maybe it is time to set up a poll on this forum with the same set up i.e. name your drivers 1 to 10 and give them points based on a GP result.
I doubt there would be a great difference but you never know.
Old 7 Dec 2017, 22:24 (Ref:3785730)   #7
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
If you don't belive it maybe it is time to set up a poll on this forum with the same set up i.e. name your drivers 1 to 10 and give them points based on a GP result.
I doubt there would be a great difference but you never know.
Max will win by a landslide and Lewis will struggle to get 100 votes
Old 8 Dec 2017, 07:19 (Ref:3785779)   #8
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Marcus Ericsson doesn't feature at all?
Old 8 Dec 2017, 16:23 (Ref:3785871)   #9
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I enjoyed the Autosport season review, very in depth look at the teams, drivers and rules
Old 10 Dec 2017, 02:29 (Ref:3786097)   #10
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well that shows the F1 team bosses aren't always right, doesn't it?
There's no way Kimi should be in the top 10, let alone ahead of Sainz and Hulkenberg.

If Ocon is #5 where's Perez, who was marginally faster than him all year? Or are they taking into account that its Ocons first year so shouldn't be even close to Perez? In that case you could probably add Stoffel (who was just as close to Alonso as Massa or Kimi ever got) and Magnussen (who often beat Grosjean) in there too.

The top 3 I agree with though, probably move Alonso ahead of Ocon and Ricciardo.
Old 10 Dec 2017, 10:08 (Ref:3786114)   #11
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I do think Kimi should be in the top 10. yes, he was outshined by his teammate, and no, he's not quite as good now as he was before.
but I still believe he's in the top half of the field.

from the other half, only Perez springs to mind for top 10-absentees. Force India had a very good package (car-engine-drivers) this year.

Alonso has fallen in my opinion. he was noted more for his constant whinging about the Honda, which near the end of the season wasn't as bad as at the start. also top half of the field, but 6th? not in my book.

Verstappen is overrated. he IS good, but 2nd on this list is doing a few others short.

Hulkenberg could've been higher on the list too.

Vandoorne (as a fellow belgian) I agree on not being on the list. he was better after the break, but then the last 2 GP's was a letdown (and I'm only counting qualifying in Brazil). I've no doubt he'll be better next year, but this year I'm disappointed.
Old 10 Dec 2017, 10:58 (Ref:3786120)   #12
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Kimi should not be on the list, he hasn't done enough to show he's still got a title in him. He was lucky the RBRs were unreliable at times, as he finished fourth in the title
Old 11 Dec 2017, 01:12 (Ref:3786201)   #13
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Kimi should not be on the list, he hasn't done enough to show he's still got a title in him. He was lucky the RBRs were unreliable at times, as he finished fourth in the title
Kimi gave Vettel two wins during the season.
How much better would his resume look with 2 wins added.
I would argue he should be higher in the table.

Ocon should not have been there, lost 7 - 13 to Perez in quali.

Sainz junior was barely better than Kvyat who has been moved on 8 - 6 in quali.

Bottas had a very streaky season and does not deserve to be in the list either. HIs form between winning in Austria and Brazil was pathetic, flattered by the Mercedes and undeserving of the drive I would have thought.
Old 11 Dec 2017, 08:44 (Ref:3786234)   #14
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Some quite extreme views coming forward lately!

As I saw it Sainz hammered Kyvat and he would have scored more points without reliability issues and overdriving before he left for Enstone.

Bottas thumped Lewis in a couple of races which is interesting in that it didn't happen again!

To use a term regularly employed for sportsmen in footy or cricket who aren't performing, Kimi is little more than a 'water carrier' at the moment.
Old 11 Dec 2017, 09:02 (Ref:3786239)   #15
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Autosport has published their own top 10 GP drivers.

1. Hamilton
2. Verstappen
3. Alonso
4. Vettel
5. Ricciardo
6. Bottas
7. Hulkenberg
8. Sainz
9. Ocon
10.Perez

Kimi misses out on this one.
Old 11 Dec 2017, 09:06 (Ref:3786240)   #16
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Autosport has published their own top 10 GP drivers.

1. Hamilton
2. Verstappen
3. Alonso
4. Vettel
5. Ricciardo
6. Bottas
7. Hulkenberg
8. Sainz
9. Ocon
10.Perez

Kimi misses out on this one.
I'd have the 2 Force Jalfeezi drivers above Hulk n Sainz but hey ho