Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 5 Jan 2018, 20:56 (Ref:3790927)   #551
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
China? Electric cars? Surely not, it's Supercars that make or break manufacturers...
Old 5 Jan 2018, 21:13 (Ref:3790928)   #552
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
A dealership staffer I spoke to earlier this week told me they were considering turning the franchise in, they've held for close to 30 years.

The mandatory re-modelling of the showroom and service reception every 5 years is no longer stacking up against the dwindling sales, which started sliding mid-'16, having been one of NSW regional's best-selling Volvo dealers for '14/'15
Sadly the remodelling demand is not unique to Volvo.
Arguably VW is worse in this area, with building required to be a design of their choosing, using the builder of their choosing, and the dealer’s only real choice is whether they are paying, or their landlord is...

Hard to imagine throwing something like $2m at a new building every 5 years can be financially viable

And for all the talk of Nissan volumes being off, despite being in Supercar, if you went to a dealership, you wouldn’t know they were racing, no pictures, no staff in racing shirts, nothing. They have a product problem too, yet not leveraging marketing assets surely will not help.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 5 Jan 2018, 22:57 (Ref:3790936)   #553
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Arguably VW is worse in this area, with building required to be a design of their choosing, using the builder of their choosing, and the dealer’s only real choice is whether they are paying, or their landlord is...

Hard to imagine throwing something like $2m at a new building every 5 years can be financially viable

And for all the talk of Nissan volumes being off, despite being in Supercar, if you went to a dealership, you wouldn’t know they were racing, no pictures, no staff in racing shirts, nothing. They have a product problem too, yet not leveraging marketing assets surely will not help.
And addressing the real reason they left went through to the keeper.
Old 6 Jan 2018, 00:20 (Ref:3790942)   #554
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
as far as i can tell

these are volvo sales since 2012

2012 4375
2013 5174
2014 4693
2015 4943
2016 5878
2017 4681
Old 6 Jan 2018, 01:28 (Ref:3790945)   #555
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

I think VW has a 10 year cycle, from memory. VW are very particular about their showroom designs and layouts, offering very limited options and colour pallettes. You've pretty much got to design and build around the one franchise. Sucks if you've got several to appease... Honda doesn't typically place nice with others, either. Demands such as dedicated showrooms, and service departments...

For a manufacturer to be involved in motorsport, it needs to be activated across the dealer network. Whether it be on the TVs, posters, or merchandise. Energise passion for the brand, throw a GRM or Nismo hat in with the sale of a new car... Sure, it might not lead to a Commodore or Altima sale, but people do tend to trick out their Colorados and Navaras with several thousand dollars worth of accessories. Plenty of money to be made in that.
Old 6 Jan 2018, 05:28 (Ref:3790960)   #556
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I don't know about the situation in Australia, but in New Zealand, the same could be said for Harvey Norman, sadly.
Old 6 Jan 2018, 05:41 (Ref:3790961)   #557
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
as far as i can tell

these are volvo sales since 2012

2012 4375
2013 5174
2014 4693
2015 4943
2016 5878
2017 4681
Welcome to the slippery slope of dealership damage..

~1,200 fewer cars means a couple of thousand service visits that don’t happen, squeezing dealership profits...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 6 Jan 2018, 06:05 (Ref:3790962)   #558
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
New car purchases increase year on year.

If a manufacturer is not riding the wave, something's amiss.
Old 6 Jan 2018, 11:49 (Ref:3790984)   #559
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It! View Post
I don't know about the situation in Australia, but in New Zealand, the same could be said for Harvey Norman, sadly.
Uncle Gerry created Domayne so Katie could keep her paws of his HN baby, whereas Katie is the face of the sponsorship. Maybe not everything is aligned properly in the marketing dept at Homebush West?