Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 25 Aug 2017, 12:48 (Ref:3761526)   #1401
JLGarcia
Racer

JLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
How many gold or platinum drivers are running in the series now though? I'm thinking it's a hard zero. Wouldn't surprise me if there was concern from teams with the new format that some thought there's at least one team who would hire gold/platinum driver coaches in the second seat.
It's not about the former, but the latter. There are a few folks not in the series now who'd likely be on the grid next year if their coach (Eversley, Cosmo, Pumpelly, etc) could partner them.
Old 25 Aug 2017, 18:15 (Ref:3761572)   #1402
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLGarcia View Post
It's not about the former, but the latter. There are a few folks not in the series now who'd likely be on the grid next year if their coach (Eversley, Cosmo, Pumpelly, etc) could partner them.
And the teams who can't afford that get?? Screwed because the rules now allow something that in the past wasn't a problem since there was no benefit. It's a development series, if they had let them in then I'd give the series less than 2 years and BAR would probably have left after the old Lites cars were dropped.

Can you name any who would join because they could use their coach?
Old 25 Aug 2017, 19:38 (Ref:3761587)   #1403
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think the most interesting thing in the release is the yellow flag procedure. Perhaps they are testing it out before adding it to the main event?

"During any full-course caution periods, pass-arounds and class splits for restarts will be used, similar to the current “short yellow” procedures used in the WeatherTech Championship and Continental Tire Challenge. The pits will be closed for all full-course cautions and will reopen at the end of the first green-flag lap following a restart."

Old 27 Aug 2017, 00:25 (Ref:3761803)   #1404
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
I wish..
Old 5 Oct 2017, 20:40 (Ref:3772166)   #1405
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Petit PC race #1

http://www.radiolemans.co/imsa-live-video-stream/

L.P.
Old 31 Oct 2017, 17:41 (Ref:3777808)   #1406
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Looks like imsa will be slowing the MPC cars down to maintain a gap to the lmp3's
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/prototy...ss-separation/
Old 31 Oct 2017, 18:30 (Ref:3777813)   #1407
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Looks like imsa will be slowing the MPC cars down to maintain a gap to the lmp3's
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/prototy...ss-separation/
The owners in IPC have discussed a desire to reduce the performance of the MPC to the LMP3 car"

CALLED IT.

Though I was hoping for sped up P3s rather than slowed down Elans. Woulda made the series more entertaining, IMO.
Old 8 Nov 2017, 20:46 (Ref:3779525)   #1408
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wish they allowed 5L chevy engine to mix it up a little bit.
Old 8 Nov 2017, 23:34 (Ref:3779538)   #1409
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcz View Post
Wish they allowed 5L chevy engine to mix it up a little bit.
You mean let in the LMP3-derived cars like the Ginetta G57 and Pescarolo 04-LM? Wouldn't be a bad idea - VdeV limits the G57 to the same horsepower as the LMP3s and it runs very fairly with them, no reason the same couldn't work here.

As things stand right now, though, there's simply no need for it - plenty of P3 cars on their own. IMSA would be better suited saving those other vehicles for a PFV class, if one were actually to be created(which is unlikely).
Old 22 Nov 2017, 02:21 (Ref:3782107)   #1410
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Got a rumor in my inbox today that I'm...fairly certain is a load of crap. Only even really posting because I'd like some verification that I'm recalling things correctly regarding why I think it's crap.

Put simply, the rumor claims that Mazda will end it's sponsorship of the MPC class in the IMSA Prototype Challenge after 2018, as the result of an alleged plan by IMSA to change the MPC into a more open class based on the SCCA's Prototype 1 regulations.

Now, as much as I'd like to see the latter part of that rumor actually happen, I'm pretty sure that when IMSA arranged the Prototype Challenge championship this year, Mazda committed to sponsoring the MPC through at least 2020. But I can't find anything about that, so my brain might just be completely making that up.

Even so, I doubt this rumor has ANY legs at all, but does anyone have any verification regarding the length of Mazda's MPC sponsorship commitment?
Old 1 Jan 2018, 20:47 (Ref:3790185)   #1411
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Any word on entries for the PC race this weekend yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 1 Jan 2018, 20:49 (Ref:3790187)   #1412
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
The entry list has been posted on competitors.imsa.com . 13 P3s, 11 Mazdas.

Gesendet von meinem SM-A320FL mit Tapatalk
Old 1 Jan 2018, 21:59 (Ref:3790198)   #1413
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
Any word on entries for the PC race this weekend yet?

https://competitors.imsa.com/sites/d...entry_list.pdf

24 Cars Total

13 LMP3s
11 MPCs
Old 1 Jan 2018, 23:25 (Ref:3790219)   #1414
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks, shame it’s such a Ligier fest again

Old 3 Jan 2018, 14:59 (Ref:3790475)   #1415
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Expecting a few drop outs, way too many TBA at this point.
Old 3 Jan 2018, 16:45 (Ref:3790491)   #1416
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
D3/Transformers are on the entry list so at least they got half way to fielding a P2 car like they announced.
Old 3 Jan 2018, 19:54 (Ref:3790518)   #1417
JLGarcia
Racer

JLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
D3/Transformers are on the entry list so at least they got half way to fielding a P2 car like they announced.
With the TBD twins slated to drive, no less. We'll see if they actually take the green.
Old 4 Jan 2018, 20:39 (Ref:3790707)   #1418
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Any ideas as to what this is about? Updated P3?

https://twitter.com/ADESS_Official/s...75356740079619
Old 4 Jan 2018, 21:26 (Ref:3790716)   #1419
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Any ideas as to what this is about? Updated P3?

https://twitter.com/ADESS_Official/s...75356740079619
I think Riley might be a little annoyed if Adess have been allowed to make changes.
Old 5 Jan 2018, 00:53 (Ref:3790749)   #1420
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't remember where I read it but yes the car has had an overhaul, mostly to reduce its weight but think they did geometry work as well.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 6 Jan 2018, 01:46 (Ref:3790947)   #1421
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
This is the last year of the MPC cars in lites:

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/da...ay-notebook-6/

They will be missed.
Old 6 Jan 2018, 01:59 (Ref:3790949)   #1422
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

They will be missed.
By no one, esp at 8 am trackside
Old 6 Jan 2018, 02:13 (Ref:3790951)   #1423
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
By no one, esp at 8 am trackside
Oh I'm going to record track side audio this year so I can blast it into your tent at 6am everyday. Or maybe I'll just buy one for myself and rev it up for you!!!
Old 6 Jan 2018, 03:34 (Ref:3790956)   #1424
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:

They will be missed.
"with the Challenge to feature all-LMP3 machinery in 2019"

Yes, let's just remove a rung on the ladder for no real reason when there are about 27 thousand options they could replace that with, many of which would be far cheaper and/or more interesting than outdated MPC cars. (seriously, the Elan DP02 is so old at this point I'd be okay with replacing them with the Elan NP01!)

You can probably tell I'm not a fan of just dropping a class from the series. I liked the idea of there being a cheap prototype class on the IMSA ladder(no, LMP3 is not cheap - it's just cheapER than LMP2), especially in the form of it running with the LMP3s in a multiclass lineup.
Old 6 Jan 2018, 13:26 (Ref:3790992)   #1425
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
"with the Challenge to feature all-LMP3 machinery in 2019"

Yes, let's just remove a rung on the ladder for no real reason when there are about 27 thousand options they could replace that with, many of which would be far cheaper and/or more interesting than outdated MPC cars. (seriously, the Elan DP02 is so old at this point I'd be okay with replacing them with the Elan NP01!)

You can probably tell I'm not a fan of just dropping a class from the series. I liked the idea of there being a cheap prototype class on the IMSA ladder(no, LMP3 is not cheap - it's just cheapER than LMP2), especially in the form of it running with the LMP3s in a multiclass lineup.
Maybe the teams and drivers in the series asked for this? Maybe it is a safety issue? Lots of things could be behind this.