Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 22 Feb 2018, 03:02 (Ref:3803063)   #1801
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Looks like the 4th NSX is track side, CJ Wilson racing moving up to GTD with one of MSR's NSX chassis from last year. Announcement I think was on MWM this afternoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Looks like that will be a great livery to see in person! Good for the team for stepping up.
Old 22 Feb 2018, 07:31 (Ref:3803074)   #1802
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Looks like the 4th NSX is track side, CJ Wilson racing moving up to GTD with one of MSR's NSX chassis from last year. Announcement I think was on MWM this afternoon
Chassis 007 - the one Ryan Eversley raced last season in PWC. The HART car is Peter Cox's old car.
Old 22 Feb 2018, 15:15 (Ref:3803173)   #1803
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anybody have a live timing site working? theracingline gives me an error, and alkamelsystem is offline
Old 22 Feb 2018, 20:48 (Ref:3803255)   #1804
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Baldi View Post
Anybody have a live timing site working? theracingline gives me an error, and alkamelsystem is offline
I can't even find session results!
Old 22 Feb 2018, 21:10 (Ref:3803260)   #1805
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I can't even find session results!
Same here. It looks like the IMSA guys don't want people arguing about BoP.
Old 22 Feb 2018, 21:44 (Ref:3803269)   #1806
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Same here. It looks like the IMSA guys don't want people arguing about BoP.
Read that on SC365. Oh well. One thing for sure is that the Mazda AER caught fire again.
Old 22 Feb 2018, 21:56 (Ref:3803272)   #1807
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Quote:
Read that on SC365. Oh well. One thing for sure is that the Mazda AER caught fire again.
ufff the Mazda.....

In an article about Mecachrome, they said that have been working on an engine for a DPi car. Could Mazda be the client?

It looks like the new Continental tires have made happy some drivers. I would love to hear a comparison with the Dunlop/Michelin tires from a driver from ELMS or WEC.
Old 23 Feb 2018, 02:06 (Ref:3803292)   #1808
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I shouldn't be surprised by a Mazda blow up but actually I am. That type of consistency is very impressive!

From 365:

***The only significant incident as of 4 p.m. ET was a red flag for the No. 55 Mazda RT24-P of Harry Tincknell,*which stopped on track in Turn 17*with smoke billowing out of the rear of the DPi car. IMSA safety crews were quickly on the scene to attend to the car.
Old 23 Feb 2018, 02:36 (Ref:3803298)   #1809
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I shouldn't be surprised by a Mazda blow up but actually I am. That type of consistency is very impressive!

From 365:

***The only significant incident as of 4 p.m. ET was a red flag for the No. 55 Mazda RT24-P of Harry Tincknell,*which stopped on track in Turn 17*with smoke billowing out of the rear of the DPi car. IMSA safety crews were quickly on the scene to attend to the car.
I'm not sure how it works with everyone, but the picture on the DPi thread in Tapatalk is still a smoking Mazda on pitlane at Daytona from last year
Old 23 Feb 2018, 02:57 (Ref:3803300)   #1810
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I'm not sure how it works with everyone, but the picture on the DPi thread in Tapatalk is still a smoking Mazda on pitlane at Daytona from last year
Here too, and this thread has Transformers vapor ware.
Old 23 Feb 2018, 14:23 (Ref:3803407)   #1811
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

From 365:

That'll basically be my view in a couple of weeks!

Old 24 Feb 2018, 03:50 (Ref:3803521)   #1812
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Where could Mazda get an engine on such short notice? Wouldn't the Gibson engine fit in the back of the Mazda? The riley package in europe would have to run it right?

Joest could just run the Gibson engine this season while Mazda develops something for next year.
Old 24 Feb 2018, 04:11 (Ref:3803524)   #1813
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

From 365:

I made this for you.

Old 24 Feb 2018, 04:12 (Ref:3803525)   #1814
TF110
Veteran

United States
DSC has a little write-up on the Sebring test. Here's a little bit of the article on the Mazda

Quote:
The Rolex 24 Hours didn’t go to plan for Mazda Team Joest, both its revised RT24-Ps suffering multiple issues, unable to challenge the front-runners on either pace or reliability.

Unfortunately for the team, its Sebring run so far hasn’t been the smoothest of rides either, the #55 driven by Harry Tinckenll suffering a fire during the first day of running.

A DSC source trackside confirmed that neither car completed any laps after the fire, the Joest team packing up and leaving the circuit last night.
Not good for them. Them packing up early and being off pace in conjunction with their unreliability is troubling imo. It's time for them to do a brand new engine or package altogether.
Old 24 Feb 2018, 06:30 (Ref:3803535)   #1815
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
DSC has a little write-up on the Sebring test. Here's a little bit of the article on the Mazda

Not good for them. Them packing up early and being off pace in conjunction with their unreliability is troubling imo. It's time for them to do a brand new engine or package altogether.
Thanks for linking.

As much as I make fun of Mazda, that's mostly poking at joeb. This is really discouraging news. They HAVE to find a new engine package as soon as possible. I just hope there is some money in the coffers for it. It's a beautiful car and needs to be up front.
Old 24 Feb 2018, 08:51 (Ref:3803557)   #1816
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's just an usual mazda on fire.... just bring some marsh mallows
Old 24 Feb 2018, 13:47 (Ref:3803607)   #1817
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I made this for you.

Appreciate it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Thanks for linking.

As much as I make fun of Mazda, that's mostly poking at joeb. This is really discouraging news. They HAVE to find a new engine package as soon as possible. I just hope there is some money in the coffers for it. It's a beautiful car and needs to be up front.
Seriously they should just paint flames on the car and acknowledge their heritage.
Old 24 Feb 2018, 14:05 (Ref:3803612)   #1818
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
A charcoal company really needs to get on the sponsorship opportunity...

Old 24 Feb 2018, 14:45 (Ref:3803617)   #1819
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maybe Mazda can use this opportunity to switch to LMP1.

But seriously! Just run the Gibson engine!! The current motor is AER badge job anyway!
Old 24 Feb 2018, 16:42 (Ref:3803643)   #1820
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
Where could Mazda get an engine on such short notice? Wouldn't the Gibson engine fit in the back of the Mazda? The riley package in europe would have to run it right?

Joest could just run the Gibson engine this season while Mazda develops something for next year.
BAR runs the updated 'standard' Riley* with the Gibson engine this season in IMSA (and like VF/SoD did last season) so surely one fits in the chassis - question is: did Multimatic do specific chassis updates to the Mazda DPi to host the AER engine that would make the switch (back) to the Gibson extensive + expensive?

* Just like the Caddy I feel the Mazda DPi is the baseline of the car of which the 'global' LMP2 car is derived - and not the other way round like the Oreca (Acura) and Ligier (Nissan).

Agreed that Joest-Mazda need to make an engine change today - their season seems to be in jeopardy already by sticking with the 'charcoal special'! Would hate to see the prettiest prototype in recent history disappear in not too long...
Old 24 Feb 2018, 16:58 (Ref:3803645)   #1821
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I think they have to wait for next year to switch to another chassis, or engine, or aero package to be re homologated.
Old 24 Feb 2018, 17:10 (Ref:3803647)   #1822
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
I'll be the one to give the weekly call to go back to a rotary mazda. If you're gonna fail, at least do it sounding great.
Old 24 Feb 2018, 17:19 (Ref:3803648)   #1823
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
I think they have to wait for next year to switch to another chassis, or engine, or aero package to be re homologated.
That may be in the rules, I don't know, but I can't imagine IMSA not working with them if they came up with another engine package.
Old 24 Feb 2018, 17:28 (Ref:3803649)   #1824
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Guess none has ever considered to change engine during the season, that actually don't know if does even exist a rule that allows or prevents a mid-season engine swap for the same chassis.... (even if I remember that in late grand-am years, MRS or another team switched from ford to bmw engines, or reverse, can't recall accuretaley).

The only realistic extrema ratio is this:
just throw away mazda dpi and AER-mazda for this season and lease a pair of oreca or ligier, rebadging the gibson engine as mazda so they could keep on running under team joest mazda motorsport banner.... I know it's quite wierd and unlogical, but in WEC from years there is an alpine lmp2 that is a rebadged oreca, and I recall perfectly that in late '90 bmw motorsport was directly involved in FIA GT and le mans with.... a pair of mclaren f1
Old 24 Feb 2018, 17:38 (Ref:3803652)   #1825
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
As always, best videos are from Lanky Turtle. Thank you man !

Sebring Test