Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 11 Jan 2018, 16:38 (Ref:3792057)   #1
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
British Rallycross Championship 2018

I don't think we have a standalone thread for the 2018 British Championship yet and I have just seen the first bit of news relating to it: Mark Higgins will drive the Albatec 208 for at least the first two rounds of the British Championship.
Old 26 Feb 2018, 20:16 (Ref:3804137)   #2
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Posted this in the World Championship thread, but it seems relevant so I will post it here as well: Loeb, Timmy Hansen and Guerlain Chicherit have all entered the opening round of the British Championship at Silverstone.

Full entry list can be seen here:

http://www.rallycrossbrx.com/news/br...-list-revealed
Old 26 Feb 2018, 22:04 (Ref:3804155)   #3
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Posted this in the World Championship thread, but it seems relevant so I will post it here as well: Loeb, Timmy Hansen and Guerlain Chicherit have all entered the opening round of the British Championship at Silverstone.

Full entry list can be seen here:

http://www.rallycrossbrx.com/news/br...-list-revealed
No Doran's or Citroens then. Down to the Lydden, Silverstone situation ?
Old 27 Feb 2018, 09:17 (Ref:3804213)   #4
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is unprecedentedly early for them to get an entry list out. And it's a good list too!

2 more potential supercars. Would be good to have some more WRX guys.

Heathcote is doing the RX2 this year. Pat too old but not sure about Harris. No Warren Scott either or did I miss that? Maybe some will be late entries

Last edited by Hickey; 27 Feb 2018 at 09:28.
Old 27 Feb 2018, 09:40 (Ref:3804218)   #5
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie View Post
No Doran's or Citroens then. Down to the Lydden, Silverstone situation ?
I hadn't thought of that, but I guess it could be. My first thought was that the Mini(s) weren't ready yet?

Room for two more Supercar entries though, so there is still room for a Doran! (or two)

EDIT: Anyone know what cars Roger Thomas and Mike Manning are using? New builds or purchased off other drivers?

Last edited by tbtstt; 27 Feb 2018 at 09:49.
Old 27 Feb 2018, 11:08 (Ref:3804242)   #6
Hickey1
Racer

England
Maidstone, Kent
Hickey1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe Roger Thomas is in the ex Flaherty Focus.
Old 4 Mar 2018, 10:49 (Ref:3805679)   #7
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickey1 View Post
Cheers! According to several posts on Facbook the Mike Manning Impreza is a new build for the BTRDA, but it will be getting tested at Silverstone.

Ollie O'Donovan has said he will only be doing select European rounds this year in order to concentrate on winning the British title.
Old 5 Mar 2018, 10:48 (Ref:3805872)   #8
Hickey1
Racer

England
Maidstone, Kent
Hickey1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Ollie O'Donovan has said he will only be doing select European rounds this year in order to concentrate on winning the British title.
I thought Ollie was doing select WRX rounds? Silverstone, Loheac and South Africa.
Old 6 Mar 2018, 11:19 (Ref:3806214)   #9
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
I thought Ollie was doing select WRX rounds? Silverstone, Loheac and South Africa.
Well South Africa is basically in Europe isn't it? Give or take 4000 miles...
Old 9 Mar 2018, 14:15 (Ref:3807062)   #10
Hampton Caught
Racer

England
Hampton Caught should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
100% correct! Checked this with Roger himself at the final BTRDA round at Croft in November. Still had the Dom Buckley Motorsport decals on the underside of the bonnet!!

Roger had a busy autumn in 2017 and also bought Mark Flaherty's MG Metro 6R4, which of course had been previously campaigned very successfully by Lawrence Gibson, including winning the 2008 British Rallycross Championship.

Roger also owns the ex-Schanche, ex Christopher Evans Astra supercar and a rally-spec 6R4 too. Lucky chap!

Cheers, Steve
Old 9 Mar 2018, 14:45 (Ref:3807067)   #11
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton Caught View Post
Roger had a busy autumn in 2017 and also bought Mark Flaherty's MG Metro 6R4, which of course had been previously campaigned very successfully by Lawrence Gibson, including winning the 2008 British Rallycross Championship.

Roger also owns the ex-Schanche, ex Christopher Evans Astra supercar and a rally-spec 6R4 too. Lucky chap!
Damn, not a bad garage to have!

Another World driver confirmed to run at the opening British round at Silverstone: Bakkerud will drive an EKS S1.
Old 9 Mar 2018, 14:45 (Ref:3807068)   #12
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So, my question would be, did Flaherty need to get rid of some money lol!
Old 9 Mar 2018, 16:29 (Ref:3807083)   #13
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Damn, not a bad garage to have!

Another World driver confirmed to run at the opening British round at Silverstone: Bakkerud will drive an EKS S1.
Possibly more supercars at Silverstone British round than the World RX then
Old 9 Mar 2018, 17:06 (Ref:3807094)   #14
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickey View Post
Possibly more supercars at Silverstone British round than the World RX then
Ha. I never thought of that, but it does seem possible!
Old 14 Mar 2018, 00:50 (Ref:3807836)   #15
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickey View Post
This is unprecedentedly early for them to get an entry list out. And it's a good list too!

2 more potential supercars. Would be good to have some more WRX guys.

Heathcote is doing the RX2 this year. Pat too old but not sure about Harris. No Warren Scott either or did I miss that? Maybe some will be late entries
Jake Harris has posted on Instagram/Facebook that he will be out in the DS3 for Lydden and round 2
Old 14 Mar 2018, 08:40 (Ref:3807874)   #16
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen H View Post
Jake Harris has posted on Instagram/Facebook that he will be out in the DS3 for Lydden and round 2
Saw that last night, I wonder why he won't be at the opening round? Shame that there doesn't appear to be an entry for Warren Scott, I thought he did really well last year.
Old 14 Mar 2018, 10:23 (Ref:3807902)   #17
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Double post, but interesting snippet of news:

https://www.motorsport-news.co.uk/ne...to-mitsubishi/

Godfrey will switch to a Spencer Sport run Mitsubishi Mirage for Silverstone. Didn't think the Mirage looked that quick last year, but it was in the hands of a relatively inexperienced driver then, so perhaps it will fare better now.
Old 14 Mar 2018, 12:03 (Ref:3807920)   #18
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Double post, but interesting snippet of news:

https://www.motorsport-news.co.uk/ne...to-mitsubishi/

Godfrey will switch to a Spencer Sport run Mitsubishi Mirage for Silverstone. Didn't think the Mirage looked that quick last year, but it was in the hands of a relatively inexperienced driver then, so perhaps it will fare better now.
I wonder why he's in that rather than the Fiesta? Presumably that means that Grint won't be competing this year? I guess Spencer Sport are trying to give the car some exposure so that someone else will run it for the rest of the year? I hope it's used by someone at Lydden - I haven't seen it in the flesh yet but it looks like a tidy car.
Old 14 Mar 2018, 12:32 (Ref:3807929)   #19
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I wonder why he's in that rather than the Fiesta? Presumably that means that Grint won't be competing this year? I guess Spencer Sport are trying to give the car some exposure so that someone else will run it for the rest of the year? I hope it's used by someone at Lydden - I haven't seen it in the flesh yet but it looks like a tidy car.
It did looked pretty cool when I saw it on track at Loheac last year...

...but it wasn't challenging for any race wins. Of course Grint wasn't the most experienced driver which could have been a factor.

Not sure I'd be too reassured by the fact its now running a JGE engine. His previous non-Ford engines haven't always been that reliable.
Old 14 Mar 2018, 18:18 (Ref:3807998)   #20
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It might be a homologation thing? Or more likely Godfrey is taking over the development of the engines and stuff.

Or they might be paying him
Old 14 Mar 2018, 18:39 (Ref:3808003)   #21
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
The Mirage is a full Supercar? Or one of those Polish cars with extra power?
Old 14 Mar 2018, 21:16 (Ref:3808041)   #22
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
It might be a homologation thing? Or more likely Godfrey is taking over the development of the engines and stuff.
Would think they are using a JGE engine under the "custom" rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
The Mirage is a full Supercar? Or one of those Polish cars with extra power?
I believe it's a full Supercar, not a Proto, it's developed by Mpart AB (Sweden) and run by Spencer Sport in the UK:

http://www.spencersport.co.uk/

Looks like Mark Higgins has secured a sponsor for the whole British Championship:

Really hope he does well this year.
Old 15 Mar 2018, 22:05 (Ref:3808238)   #23
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Higgy is a class above most rally drivers int he UK, let alone rallycross.

only obvious disadvantage is his lack of rallycross experience.
Old 17 Mar 2018, 10:59 (Ref:3808504)   #24
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Live timing and results from Silverstone if anyone is interested.

http://www.chronomoto.hu/en/
Old 17 Mar 2018, 12:50 (Ref:3808524)   #25
Alex Langheck
Racer

Alex Langheck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You'd think in 2018, there would be a live stream of the British Championship.....