Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 10 May 2024, 17:48 (Ref:4208033)   #1
Derwent
Racer

Derwent is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Monaco Historic

Is there any live streaming this year?
Old 10 May 2024, 18:13 (Ref:4208038)   #2
crooky
Racer

crooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcrooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thankfully. It is.

It's all under the 'live' section of the Goodwood YouTube channel.

https://youtube.com/@GoodwoodRR?si=5yK1-XjntuCLToje
Old 10 May 2024, 19:29 (Ref:4208048)   #3
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks for the link crooky. Two live streams tomorrow Sat day one and one Sunday for the race.
Old 12 May 2024, 14:22 (Ref:4208648)   #4
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some great driving and cars but also, as to be expected some very average driving in great cars!!
Old 14 May 2024, 18:56 (Ref:4208956)   #5
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
And some very slow decisions on red flag in the 3-red-flagged F1 race......
Old 28 May 2024, 18:38 (Ref:4210817)   #6
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Highlights on ITV4 tonight at 8pm.
Old 28 May 2024, 18:57 (Ref:4210819)   #7
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Several grids still avalaible for viewing on YT.
Old 30 May 2024, 20:52 (Ref:4211040)   #8
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA View Post
Highlights on ITV4 tonight at 8pm.
Comentary is painful
Old 31 May 2024, 18:57 (Ref:4211149)   #9
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just watched the "highlights" programmes, and all I would say is that some of the driving was absolutely atrocious. So many drivers seem to be unaware that they have mirrors to see what is going on behind them and consequently don't use them; whilst others appear to have no spacial awareness and don't know what is going on around them.

Results are then that there are some big bills for damage to some special cars, damage that could so easily have been avoided.
Old 1 Jun 2024, 07:39 (Ref:4211190)   #10
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
Sadly fore me this event is the epitome of rich awful people showing off they real self.

I feel sorry for the people that have toiled for weeks and months to prep these things, then again they have also probably charged hundreds of pounds an hour to do so, so you might as well fleece these people as much as you can.
Old 1 Jun 2024, 12:20 (Ref:4211225)   #11
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
The one wish I have is to race at Monaco one more time . We have ex Howard Heerey Chevron B9. He told me that in 1969 there were 80 F3 cars entered . He said his qualy was at 6 am Friday morning and he drove the Chevron from Menton where he was staying on the public roads to Monaco . Just imagine doing this again now . He missed the cut by one place in qualy . I know the F3 people tried really hard to get a race this year as it’s 60 th year of running 1 liter F3
Old 1 Jun 2024, 12:56 (Ref:4211231)   #12
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandsman View Post
Sadly fore me this event is the epitome of rich awful people showing off they real self.

I feel sorry for the people that have toiled for weeks and months to prep these things, then again they have also probably charged hundreds of pounds an hour to do so, so you might as well fleece these people as much as you can.
Alternatively it could be seen as rich people showing off stunning F1 cars from a bygone era and racing on an iconic period circuit. Not many places you can see that.

Iain, I hope you make it.
Old 1 Jun 2024, 15:41 (Ref:4211264)   #13
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Alternatively it could be seen as rich people showing off stunning F1 cars from a bygone era and racing on an iconic period circuit. Not many places you can see that.

Iain, I hope you make it.
I agree with the sentiment of rich people showing off awesome cars being great.

However.....

These cars killed pro drivers back in the day. That the only qualification to drive them these days is a big wallet really degrades the quality of the cars. There should be a minimum licence standard that relies on more than just "track time". I'm sure the rich owners could get a kick from watching their cars being driven properly *and safely*, plus the other drivers on track would feel safer.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 1 Jun 2024, 16:28 (Ref:4211275)   #14
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I agree with the sentiment of rich people showing off awesome cars being great. However.....
These cars killed pro drivers back in the day. That the only qualification to drive them these days is a big wallet really degrades the quality of the cars. There should be a minimum licence standard that relies on more than just "track time". I'm sure the rich owners could get a kick from watching their cars being driven properly *and safely*, plus the other drivers on track would feel safer.
+ 1.
Old 1 Jun 2024, 19:24 (Ref:4211304)   #15
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
+ 1.
I also agree that the use of more competent drivers would be better still.
My original comment was applauding the appearance of these cars at this circuit as being something elevated above the sneer aimed at wealthy people.
Old 1 Jun 2024, 21:19 (Ref:4211360)   #16
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
This is an endless aspect of modern historic racing, and is only really sorted at places like the Revival where often very quick pilots are plugged in.

I found Monaco depressing to watch, yes it was great to see Lyons and plenty of others giving it death, but it is not just speed it is awareness and the ability to simply drive the car that really shows up these rich punters.

An old F1 car is not easy to drive, but the vast majority of these people can;t even heel and toe, surely a must for driving and using a racing f1 gearbox, I know this is pedantic, but it's Monaco, and it should really be better. Why would you not want to learn, I tell you why because you are rich and arrogant and simply dont care. Which is surely not a great sell.

I would honestly rather see a car doing nothing in a museum than see and hear it being driven no better than I could drive it with no experience.