Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 28 Mar 2004, 09:53 (Ref:921868)   #26
craig1
Racer

craig1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not saying the decision was right or wrong but did Cameron expect Pauls car to disappear.
He had to know he was there and his approx position, just to turn in as if he wasn't there and then be surprised that he got turned sounds a bit like a Kelly.
I know there isn't much room there but to just turn accross him seemed a little foolish.
Old 28 Mar 2004, 11:08 (Ref:921945)   #27
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
1200Datto27 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Where was Cameron to go to? If he had stayed out wide, he would have gone into the marbles, and ended up in the wall. Paul was trying to make the pass, adn was not alongside the other car, therefore, the onus is on him to do so, without taking out the other driver.
Old 28 Mar 2004, 11:23 (Ref:921963)   #28
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
jjd: we did only see race 2 today and it was edited to bits. A great pity for one of the key events on the Supercar calendar.

I reckon an aerial shot of turn 8 would have shown a completely different picture.

Besides, are you there to race or what? A gap is a gap when I am on the track and it seems to look like he would fit.

An aerial shot I believe would have silenced a lot of critics.

A very action packed race, I must say.
Old 31 Mar 2004, 12:07 (Ref:925118)   #29
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Information passed to me tonight suggest that the reason Dumbrell's appeal was upheld was that the in car camera (aren't all cars supposed to have them now?) showsing that NO contact was made between Dumbrell and McConville.

Now as the transcript of the hearing hasn't been released (what is it with CAMS that they won't release these findings? After all, it isn't as if can damage anyone or anyones reputation - is it??) this is currently unconfirmed.

Anyone have any further information on this? Keep your eyes on www dot Motor Sport Forum dot net dot au if no answers provided here by the end of the week - we will carry it on over there...
Old 31 Mar 2004, 14:13 (Ref:925271)   #30
Wheels
Rookie

Australia
NSW South Coast
Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"failing to exercise reasonable care in attempting to overtake."

This is what the successful appeal was based on.

On the inside.

On a 220kph+ corner.

Please.
Old 31 Mar 2004, 23:36 (Ref:925787)   #31
lcfp2297
Racer

Australia
lcfp2297 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where the person allegedly hit was doing nowhere near 220kph...
Old 31 Mar 2004, 23:39 (Ref:925788)   #32
RaceTime
Veteran

And the appeal process appears to have taken into account no contact was made?
Old 1 Apr 2004, 01:12 (Ref:925833)   #33
Panzer
Racer

Panzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a big load of ****.!!!! Why does it always seem to be the same drivers being talked about ,surely that suggests something fundamentaly wrong with their approach to the sport. It starts in karting where the kids arn't given enough penalites for dangerous driving. Perhaps its because they are kids, but if allowed to get away with it they take their driving standard up through the classes with them.
I believe Dumbrell to be one of these. Still getting away with it. I always fell sorry for the bloke that gets hit. NO points, repair bill, disapointment for sponsors who came to watch their car go round, etc, etc, etc. While the guy who caused it usually drives on. Drivers that continue to try and make moves that their not capable of making should be banned for a race then perhaps they would finally learn.
Old 1 Apr 2004, 01:33 (Ref:925841)   #34
lcfp2297
Racer

Australia
Panzer,

Why is it always the same driver talked about?

It seems to me that people love to pick on the Rookie and judge an incident by the amount of damage...

Case in point...Dumbrell into Morris at AGP last year...Morris said "When I was hit it was a surprise, because you don't expect that to happen when another car goes off the track and then comes back on. "

Now go back and watch your AGP 2004 video, and watch Morris go off in exactly the same position, and re-enter in front of a TD car, forcing evasive action...the only difference being the rain...I did not here the TD driver say "I did not expect that"...

I pose the question, was Morris's hit last year caused by his inability to avoid the incident, as the TD driver did this year?
Old 1 Apr 2004, 01:59 (Ref:925857)   #35
Panzer
Racer

I would hardly call Mr Dumbrell a rookie to motorsport, he has raced everything from karts to F4000 to V8. If Morris is always causing accidents he should be delt with too.
I am simply talking about repeat offenders in all catagories of motor racing. There are two classics in FF at the moment, and it goes back to their karting days.
Old 1 Apr 2004, 02:05 (Ref:925864)   #36
RaceTime
Veteran

So tell us then - you obviously know what was presented at the appeal that caused the original findings to be reversed - what don't you agree with?

It is about time that ridiculous comments and statements such ave been made in here are stopped simply because of personal feelings towards a driver or team.

If you have facts - put them forward along with some credibility.
Old 1 Apr 2004, 02:12 (Ref:925870)   #37
lcfp2297
Racer

Australia
If we were to take Motorsport as the field, then no their are not many Rookies around...but cast your eyes back over the years at who has come in to V8's, and have been targeted for similar incidents to those that the more experienced contenders also cause...It is only natural that the class Rookies will be involved in more accidents...one must remember You can not put an old head on young shoulders...

But should they be penalised for their relative inexperience in a category? From what I read in this thread, yes would appear to be the common consensus...

Last edited by lcfp2297; 1 Apr 2004 at 02:14.
Old 1 Apr 2004, 02:19 (Ref:925875)   #38
Panzer
Racer

Sorry Race, was your last comment ment for me.
Old 1 Apr 2004, 02:36 (Ref:925884)   #39
RaceTime
Veteran

If the cap fits - then yes. More as a general statement that many posters in here are posting personal feelings rather than factual information.

If you have any facts to back up your comments that Dumbrell was and still is at fault, post them - but it si about time everyone stopped making comments baced on feelings.
Old 1 Apr 2004, 02:59 (Ref:925895)   #40
Panzer
Racer

My comments are not based on any personal feelings, it's simply a feeling you have when you have followed someones career since karting. You here the news that so and so was involved in an accident and you say to your self i'm not surprised. I,m only making these comments because the subject was posted. I'm simply saying some drivers try to drive above their limit, and usually some one else pays for it. I shouldn't have mentioned names and for that i apologise.
Old 1 Apr 2004, 03:34 (Ref:925915)   #41
RaceTime
Veteran

And, like I stated - the appeal panel obviously don;t agree with you - otherwise they would not have upheld his appeal.
Old 1 Apr 2004, 04:42 (Ref:925949)   #42
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dunno about $10,000 and 75 points, but after seeing the coverage my opinion (for what it's worth) is that it was a pretty dumb move... (Can anyone think of anyone who's successfully pulled that move?)and given how dangerous that particular corner is, it is probably a fair call that he gets some sort of slap on the wrist... That is regardless of whether there was contact or not.. It's just not a 'sensible' or 'safe' place to pass and therefore should be discouraged...

Maybe some sort of yellow card system (similar to british soccer) where you accumulate points for unsportsman-like driving, whether that be blocking, dangerous driving etc (the sorts of things that shouldn't be decided during the race)once you've accumulated x ammount of points you get x ammont of championshippoints deducted or have to start off the back of the grid... or something like that..

I think it'd certainly help eliminate some of these dodgy knee-jerk penalties... and those shady areas where there is no 'real' penalty for punting somebody off when you damage your car.
Old 1 Apr 2004, 05:04 (Ref:925959)   #43
lcfp2297
Racer

Australia
So you agree that Morris should be fined for his actions at the AGP this year...puhlease

IF THERE WAS NO CONTACT, HE WAS GONNA STACK ANYWAY!

Can I put it any clearer than that?

As logical as McConvilles first comment..."I got a tap from Ingall"...Why don't we fine Ingall as well???
Old 1 Apr 2004, 10:33 (Ref:926181)   #44
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just think of how bad his body will be in 15 years time if BigNose is a yard stick?
Old 1 Apr 2004, 10:40 (Ref:926184)   #45
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
About as good as Mark Noske making the badboys list at the end of the weekend.... and he was a professional autograph dissemination device for most of the weekend!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 1 Apr 2004, 10:48 (Ref:926193)   #46
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
1200Datto27 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think that it was because Ingall was not near him. Have the Holden drivers been told to mention rusties name anytime they fall of the track.
Old 1 Apr 2004, 11:06 (Ref:926213)   #47
RaceTime
Veteran

If they have at least they should get told that he hadn't completed the race and was in the garage well before the incident they are trying to blame him for...