Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 17 Feb 2013, 09:22 (Ref:3206104)   #226
Sommersby
Racer

Sommersby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
interesting story last night.

is MSNZ really trying to stop the series.. or is there someone in MSNZ that just doesn't like the series?
From what I can ascertain, yes to the second part of your question, and they appear to of vowed to achieve the first part.

Like I've said many times, there is fault on both sides, but it's the egos on both sides which are going ensure that this ends with only one victor. Shame.
Old 17 Feb 2013, 09:32 (Ref:3206107)   #227
Swedish Brick
Racer

Swedish Brick has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post
so, mr Vanishing Point are you in fact Nigel Carpenter ??
Sneaky edit of the post VP to try and correct your mistake.
I think you have some explaining to do given the nature of your VP posts and you position in TV3. Uncool.
Old 17 Feb 2013, 09:43 (Ref:3206114)   #228
Member CCC
Rookie

Member CCC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Brick View Post
Sneaky edit of the post VP to try and correct your mistake.
I think you have some explaining to do given the nature of your VP posts and you position in TV3. Uncool.
Totally agree SB take a look at this from Nigel

Originally Posted by Vanishing Point
It is obvious, MSNZ's behaviour has been dishonest, unconstitutional and deceitful over the Supercar Round at Puke... even the die hard MSNZ supporters must accept it doesn't look good. The question is how do we make Harris, Budd and co accountable and responsible for their actions, how do we get rid of them?

Gee wiz that's a really professional thing to post on a public forum as the head of TV3 Motorsport Nigel Carpenter! Wonder what your bosses will think of this??
Old 17 Feb 2013, 09:48 (Ref:3206118)   #229
Swedish Brick
Racer

Swedish Brick has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Not to mention the several posts VP makes bashing other media outlets such as Prime and the NZ herald.

Can of worms just sprung open I think

Old 17 Feb 2013, 09:50 (Ref:3206120)   #230
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So Member, did the racing actually go ahead as per your prediction earlier this week?

I was there, and i think it did. Wasn't even locked out (as per your prediction). In fact that was probably the most organised day of motorsport i have ever seen

As Icarus has said before, those haters just gotta keep on hatin'

Great day of racing today i must say. That last race was just unreal, all that passing in the front pack was not something you see everyday.
Old 17 Feb 2013, 09:51 (Ref:3206121)   #231
Vanishing Point
Racer

Vanishing Point should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Brick View Post
Not to mention the several posts VP makes bashing other media outlets such as Prime and the NZ herald.

Can of worms just sprung open I think

Yes VP is my online name, like so many of you on here, I wanted anonymity. There were times however, that I thought it was appropriate to respond as the Motorsport Producer at TV3. This was simply to make sure my posts weren't mistaken. This isn't a case of multiple identities for reasons of duplicity, rather an attempt to avoid confusion...in this case however I appear to have confused myself."
Old 17 Feb 2013, 09:56 (Ref:3206124)   #232
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
I have just finished watching the TV3 coverage of todays R1.....great coverage, and good to see in-car of SVG too.

That suspension cam on murphs car was cool. More of that please, and doing a full lap with one of the drivers would be nice. If possible you should also replay the fastest qually lap from in-car if possible. That would be a nice touch.

Good work TV3, as always
Old 17 Feb 2013, 09:57 (Ref:3206125)   #233
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanishing Point View Post
Yes VP is my online name, like so many of you on here, I wanted anonymity. There were times however, that I thought it was appropriate to respond as the Motorsport Producer at TV3. This was simply to make sure my posts weren't mistaken. This isn't a case of multiple identities for reasons of duplicity, rather an attempt to avoid confusion...in this case however I appear to have confused myself."
what a wicked web we weave.......... when we choose to deceive .... AA Milne ??
Old 17 Feb 2013, 10:06 (Ref:3206127)   #234
Member CCC
Rookie

Member CCC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
So Member, did the racing actually go ahead as per your prediction earlier this week?

I was there, and i think it did. Wasn't even locked out (as per your prediction). In fact that was probably the most organised day of motorsport i have ever seen

Great day of racing today i must say. That last race was just unreal, all that passing in the front pack was not something you see everyday.
Maybe you should read my post properly as usual people not getting their facts right!
My post stated that the event may not go ahead if money wasn't paid, obviously the money was paid at the at the 11th hour. Ring Gary Upson from Hampton Downs if you want the truth! Same deal with money that needed to be paid to David Turner before that would happen once again money must have been paid at the 11th hour! My prediction was that R2 Rupuna wouldn't happen! And what sort of an event would it be with 10 Suzuki's and 12 Utes as the support classes. What a disgrace this would be for our club let alone the financial disaster that it would leave!

But nice try to deflect the disgraceful actions of Head of TV3 Motorsports program Nigel Carpenter!
Old 17 Feb 2013, 10:06 (Ref:3206128)   #235
Sommersby
Racer

Quote:
what a wicked web we weave.......... when we choose to deceive .... AA Milne ??
I just emailed him SJ, the irony is I hadn't twigged, but now i know why he was nice about me. shame it isn't always like that on the job!

In his defence, I do believe he was posting as Nigel to get info across. His VP tag was no different than yours or CCC's.

Personally, the only time I've tried to work out who some one is, is when they've launched an attack on me personally; a la CCC.

Is it wrong for me to assume that there are a few folk on here who face potential embarrassment should they be 'outed'

Last edited by Sommersby; 17 Feb 2013 at 10:18.
Old 17 Feb 2013, 10:08 (Ref:3206130)   #236
Rangi
Rookie

New Zealand-Maori
Rangi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanishing Point View Post
man what a way to treat people who probably paid your wages for a few years, you a piece of kit alright
Old 17 Feb 2013, 10:09 (Ref:3206131)   #237
smokin'joe
Veteran

Quote:

Shaun, or are you another Nigel???
i believe he was acting on an ill-conceived rumour that was going round. not unlike the rumour that you are only allowed one (1) log-in account on the forum
Old 17 Feb 2013, 10:11 (Ref:3206133)   #238
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Member CCC View Post
Maybe you should read my post properly as usual people not getting their facts right!
My post stated that the event may not go ahead if money wasn't paid, obviously the money was paid at the at the 11th hour. Ring Gary Upson from Hampton Downs if you want the truth! Same deal with money that needed to be paid to David Turner before that would happen once again money must have been paid at the 11th hour! My prediction was that R2 Rupuna wouldn't happen! And what sort of an event would it be with 10 Suzuki's and 12 Utes as the support classes. What a disgrace this would be for our club let alone the financial disaster that it would leave!

But nice try to deflect the disgraceful actions of Head of TV3 Motorsports program Nigel Carpenter!
haha, i read your original post and know exactly what you stated. Clown
Old 17 Feb 2013, 10:15 (Ref:3206137)   #239
smokin'joe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommersby View Post
I just emailed him SJ, the irony is I hadn't twigged, but now i know why he was nice about me. shame it isn't always like that on the job!
stop it, your killing me

Quote:
In his defence, I do believe he was posting as Nigel to get info across. His VP tag was no different than yours or CCC's.
sorry bud, i don't buy it. he has used his hatred towards MSNZ in a very conivving way, and has influenced the motorsport fans of NZ to sway in his direction. MSNZ did not need this behaviour in a time of crisis. how much of this negativity was constructed by NZST management ??
Old 17 Feb 2013, 10:15 (Ref:3206138)   #240
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Quote:
Shaun, or are you another Nigel???
i believe he was acting on an ill-conceived rumour that was going round. not unlike the rumour that you are only allowed one (1) log-in account on the forum

Nothing to do with me joe, i only have one log in, Always have, always will, ask the mods if you have to....

Also joe, thought you had nothing to do with MSNZ, you sure bout that? Same with you ccc
Old 17 Feb 2013, 10:21 (Ref:3206146)   #241
smokin'joe
Veteran

Quote:
Nothing to do with me joe, i only have one log in, Always have, always will, ask the mods if you have to....

Also joe, thought you had nothing to do with MSNZ, you sure bout that? Same with you ccc
used to be a clerk of course, used to be scrutineer.used to be a spectator
Old 17 Feb 2013, 10:28 (Ref:3206148)   #242
Sommersby
Racer

Quote:
stop it, your killing me

sorry bud, i don't buy it. he has used his hatred towards MSNZ in a very conivving way, and has influenced the motorsport fans of NZ to sway in his direction. MSNZ did not need this behaviour in a time of crisis. how much of this negativity was constructed by NZST management ??
Hold on there SJ, I think it's unfair to accuse him of hatred towards MSNZ.

Yes he has criticised certain people on this forum, but it is just a forum. I cannot fault his professionalism, which was born out in the way he fought to make last years summer series look good on TV despite a rather hostile environment from some people in TMC/MPL/MSNZ...and a mediocre grid from the top billed NZV8's.

Seriously how has he swayed fans, and how has he been conniving?

Don't for a moment think that I am condoning a second ID on here, but I do accept his reasons.

And while I don't agree with everything VP says, is he not entitled to express views on here as a motorsport fan? Or am I being to idealistic?

Last edited by Sommersby; 17 Feb 2013 at 10:34.
Old 17 Feb 2013, 10:30 (Ref:3206149)   #243
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Well either way, it was a great weekend of racing that MSNZ just didn't want to be part of......pretty lame really from our governing body
Old 17 Feb 2013, 10:33 (Ref:3206152)   #244
smokin'joe
Veteran

Quote:
Hold on there SJ, I think it's unfair to accuse him of hatred towards MSNZ.

Yes he has criticised certain people on this forum, but it is just a forum. I cannot fault his professionalism, which was born out in the way he fought to make last years summer series look could despite a rather hostile environment from some people in TMC/MPL/MSNZ.

Seriously how has he swayed fans, and how has he been conniving?
go back through his posts. even if his VP login is not his TV3 login, they are the same person, with the same veiws, or does multiple logins infer he has multiple personalities. if the latter is the case, then he has no business creating content for a show that is streamed to many places, especially if aiding and abetting a "rebel" series to bring down the governing body.
Old 17 Feb 2013, 10:43 (Ref:3206158)   #245
Blackpearl
Racer

Blackpearl is a back marker
What a good weekend at the track, what is with the m3 team blocking off every air point at the front of the car? again special people special rules?

The jmac car looks horible, far too busy.
Old 17 Feb 2013, 10:44 (Ref:3206159)   #246
Sommersby
Racer

Quote:
go back through his posts. even if his VP login is not his TV3 login, they are the same person, with the same veiws, or does multiple logins infer he has multiple personalities. if the latter is the case, then he has no business creating content for a show that is streamed to many places, especially if aiding and abetting a "rebel" series to bring down the governing body.
I understood his posts as Nigel were all for reasons of clarification and information, not opinion.

Easy on the mental health slurs, poor form.

No one is trying to bring down the governing body...why are ST trying to get sanctioned by MSNZ.

We are all entitled to share our opinions on this fight.

And something for you to consider, i understand TV3 was approached by NZV8 promoters to screen NZV8's this season. But the network demanded a guarantee of 15 cars on the grid. The only reason for this was to avoid the 9 car farce we saw during last year. Had they had the cars, we would've been happy to have them on the show.
Old 17 Feb 2013, 11:00 (Ref:3206167)   #247
Blackpearl
Racer

Blackpearl is a back marker
Why does this always end in a tv3 scandal and he said... Facts Murph has bridgestone where hankook should be. Also the blocking of air I saw today.

Will you report that? rules for one and not for the other? Its nzv8s all over.
Old 17 Feb 2013, 11:04 (Ref:3206169)   #248
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackpearl View Post
The jmac car looks horible, far too busy.
I count four different shades of green on the JMac Falcon. If they were all the same shade, and if the minor sponsors were made less prominent, it'd look great. But as it is, I agree with you.

I also had a great weekend. Found the racing very enjoyable (currently watching it again on the telly, chur MySky). Some awesome dices were had. Also quite enjoyed dusting off the fluro vest and lanyard, in my quest to feign importance - first time on the other side of the fence since the Pukekohe 500. Sommersby's spiel about gun licenses, teenage dating, and fatherhood was particularly memorable.

Anyway, pictures.

Uh oh....

UH OH...

Old 17 Feb 2013, 11:06 (Ref:3206171)   #249
Sommersby
Racer

Quote:
Why does this always end in a tv3 scandal and he said... Facts Murph has bridgestone where hankook should be. Also the blocking of air I saw today.

Who blocked air vents? In today's heat that was insane
Old 17 Feb 2013, 11:07 (Ref:3206172)   #250
smokin'joe
Veteran

Quote:

why does Jmac have a diffeerent harness to what i thought was a control Sabelt unit ?