Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 17 Nov 2010, 14:14 (Ref:2792120)   #2501
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Presumably Billy has a sandpaper bedhead at his place in Wales - how else would a young lad of his age have worn away so much on his pate?
Old 17 Nov 2010, 14:26 (Ref:2792124)   #2502
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick JM View Post
Kate Middleton is the first person to squeeze into Dianas ring since Dodi Alfayed

Yes I know it is un pc, not allowed and I will accept any punishment JT hands out to me...but it is still the best one liner I have heard this week!!!
Tut tut.Mr Morrison.
Old 17 Nov 2010, 15:15 (Ref:2792141)   #2503
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Apologies to any parents who find themselves having to explain the above to any young offspring using this PUBLIC forum!
Old 17 Nov 2010, 15:53 (Ref:2792143)   #2504
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quite right John. May I apologise on Iain's behalf.
Old 17 Nov 2010, 17:00 (Ref:2792167)   #2505
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Never mind the youngsters, you might have to explain it to some of us
Old 17 Nov 2010, 18:51 (Ref:2792216)   #2506
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
Never mind the youngsters, you might have to explain it to some of us
I class you as a youngster Colin.
Old 17 Nov 2010, 21:35 (Ref:2792301)   #2507
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't feel like it, just been out to the gym and put my back out doing warm ups!
Old 17 Nov 2010, 21:52 (Ref:2792310)   #2508
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by compte deGraves View Post
Good point Grant but as William is the grandson of Phil the Greek there should be a good press.
Yes, exactly. Doubly intereresting I would have thought.

Plus there must be some really bad stuff to come out of the Olympics farago next year if they are having to get this pair matched to provide media cover.

(There - another Greek connection .... )
Old 17 Nov 2010, 22:11 (Ref:2792324)   #2509
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
Don't feel like it, just been out to the gym and put my back out doing warm ups!
This is not good Colin.

First the memory loss you report in your post at 17:00 and now a back problem.

You should consider something safer than the gym and more interesting than having to suffer a year or so of wall to wall coverage of (whisper it ... "the wedding").

How about this?

Old 17 Nov 2010, 22:34 (Ref:2792342)   #2510
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nah, tried that, it's such a drag having to walk back to the car
Old 18 Nov 2010, 08:05 (Ref:2792476)   #2511
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Having spent 4 hours in a rehearsal studio last night I was pleasantly unaware of outside occurances . . . . this is a BBC headline this morning, I was wondering what the discipline might be

'A late England rally could not disguise a gulf in class and technique as France earned a deserved victory'

cooking? wine making? (although I haven't tried mine yet )

obviously its not binge drinking or fighting
Old 18 Nov 2010, 08:08 (Ref:2792479)   #2512
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
It's love making.
Old 18 Nov 2010, 08:40 (Ref:2792494)   #2513
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Well I just watched my copy of Clarkson's Italian Job last night and came away a tad disappointed although overall very good. I mean who told that Steve the 'engineer' our rules allowed 5 link, different gearboxes and different engines etc, I can only assume he was reading the Classic Thunder regs and to make it worse him and Jeremy are filmed talking about it and he tells Jeremy he is allowed to do all this talk about spell it out!!! I think it may have done us a bit of damage from a purely CTCRC Historic racing aspect as a lot of people (purists) will think we are a hotrod formula like Heritage after watching and WE ARE DEFINITELY NOT!!!!!

The other thing, there is a very brief shot of me stickering up the car and he then says 'Steve stickering up the car'!!!! Then the repairing of the car, what happened to our Scott Austin and Tim Clark who's intervention completely saved the day and a seriously expensive day at that, they were carefully edited out and all praise was heaped on that Steve guy again. Come on Jeremy and producers credit where credit due.

On a postive note my yellow Camaro got a lot of air play and mentions especially as Jeremy gets *******ed for overtaking me under the yellows. Also the 2nd DVD the Out Takes was better with interviews with several club members and the chairman Richard Langeveld who got some nice plugs in so on balance a worthwhile excercise for the furtherment of the cause.

Last edited by Al Weyman; 18 Nov 2010 at 08:49.
Old 18 Nov 2010, 09:28 (Ref:2792502)   #2514
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
On Nick's behalf, surely?

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I class you as a youngster Colin.
So do, I!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
I think it may have done us a bit of damage from a purely CTCRC Historic racing aspect as a lot of people (purists) will think we are a hotrod formula like Heritage after watching and WE ARE DEFINITELY NOT!!!!!
I shouldn't worry about it too much, Al. I suspect that any purists that watch Clarkson, put their hat away. Anyway, do they not say that 'any publicity is good publicity'?
Old 18 Nov 2010, 09:45 (Ref:2792509)   #2515
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
It's love making.
I listened to 'wham bam thank you mam' by the Small Faces on the way home just after midninght as it happens

Last edited by zefarelly; 18 Nov 2010 at 09:45. Reason: spelling as usual
Old 18 Nov 2010, 09:47 (Ref:2792510)   #2516
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Theres more a Pacific than gulf between reality and TV Al, you of all people should know that.
Old 18 Nov 2010, 10:01 (Ref:2792514)   #2517
Nick JM
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Bucks
Nick JM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by compte deGraves

On Nick's behalf, surely?

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Compte as my professional sponsor for taking the rap on this one...however I have broad shoulders and apologise unreservedly for any salacious, crude, or downright inappropriate commentary I may have inadvertantly posted during a weak post luncheon moment. I put it down to poor parenting and my novice status.

By the way, do we get a public holiday fopr the royal wedding?
Old 18 Nov 2010, 10:03 (Ref:2792515)   #2518
Nick JM
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Bucks
Nick JM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Having spent 4 hours in a rehearsal studio last night I was pleasantly unaware of outside occurances . . . . this is a BBC headline this morning, I was wondering what the discipline might be

'A late England rally could not disguise a gulf in class and technique as France earned a deserved victory'

It's either smoking or going on strike. Both are national French pastimes only occasionally surpassed by us chaps from across the ditch
Old 18 Nov 2010, 10:36 (Ref:2792534)   #2519
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
It's either smoking or going on strike. Both are national French pastimes only occasionally surpassed by us chaps from across the ditch
Agreed - they KNOW how to organise a strike......and there are still restaurants in France where you're offered an ashtray.
Old 18 Nov 2010, 10:57 (Ref:2792542)   #2520
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Yes see what you mean JT and I think now I have watched again especially the 2nd DVD it is good publisity and anyhow as you say most pundits wouldnt know a 5 link from a cart spring! BTW I hve some incar of the qually that I will eventually post once the heat has died down hopefully it will show Jeremy passing under the yellows lol!.
Old 18 Nov 2010, 11:22 (Ref:2792550)   #2521
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I just noticed some bubbles on the decal I put on when they closed up on it so old Steve can have the credit for that after all!
Old 18 Nov 2010, 13:23 (Ref:2792610)   #2522
Peter Dunne
Tea Addict And Summoner Of Safety Cars
Veteran

Peter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPeter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You'll have to change your sig to "......and you can call me Steve"
Old 18 Nov 2010, 13:52 (Ref:2792630)   #2523
skentellytubby
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester
skentellytubby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good lord, I've just read the comment by Nick JM. Shocked. That character lacks moral fibre!

Last edited by John Turner; 18 Nov 2010 at 14:47. Reason: Sorry, you just crossed the line. This is a Public forum!
Old 18 Nov 2010, 14:18 (Ref:2792643)   #2524
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post

Street Protest of the Year competition?

Just a guess.
Old 18 Nov 2010, 14:33 (Ref:2792653)   #2525
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
By the way, do we get a public holiday for the royal wedding?
I was thinking of heading somewhere more congenial and asking for asylum. Somalia perhaps - they may have a couple of spots open in their visa allocation programme. Failing that I would expect at least a week official break for the wedding. Got to make it worth the effort of getting away somewhere free of the hullabaloo.

Will getting married mean Billy will have to curtail his chopper rescue activities?
Closed Thread