Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 9 Feb 2015, 22:33 (Ref:3503457)   #2526
6.213km
Veteran

6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Best motorsport event in Australia.

I too was surprised the official figure was only 6000 more - on pit straight at the start it was busy crowd wise compared to last year.

I thought the saturday crowd at the top was as big as sunday in 2014.

Safety cars - always going to happen with such a big field.

The infrastructure is already there in many parts of the circuit to stop probably 25% of the safety car periods we saw.

Code 60 would work for cars beached in sand traps at Murrays, cars that stopped up mountain straight, in fact any car that wasnt so damaged it needed a tilt tray. There are exits on mountain straight that cars can be pulled into, same on conrod at least on one side, and at places like Murrays and even Hell corner where vision leading into the corner is good, a Code 60 should be used.

There's even exit points at John Hinxman vista, and on the way up to the cutting.

My suggestion to the organisers - code 60 wherever possible - drag cars into gaps in the fences, and when there is a major accident and time permits, collect the stricken cars from these areas at that time.

My 10 cents worth.

Otherwise - what an event. Awesome - and I think 2016 will only be bigger and better.
Old 9 Feb 2015, 22:35 (Ref:3503458)   #2527
EfiOz
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
EfiOz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A 25% bigger crowd is better than I thought they'd get, given the date clashes.
Old 9 Feb 2015, 22:51 (Ref:3503462)   #2528
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hingo View Post
As others mentioned, there was a bit of a bogan element that wasn't there last year. I'm still not sure why people would bring Holden flags along. It was always going to happen.
Craillsy was waffling on about holden participation early in the telecast and there wasn't even one on the track, it is pathetic when you consider the quality of the machinery that was actually racing.
Old 9 Feb 2015, 22:57 (Ref:3503464)   #2529
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You know that we've got a great race track when Patrick Long says it's the best he's been to.
Also interesting to hear that Mapelli and Reip said that it is a tougher track to drive than Nordschleife.
Old 9 Feb 2015, 23:02 (Ref:3503467)   #2530
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Craillsy was waffling on about holden participation early in the telecast and there wasn't even one on the track, it is pathetic when you consider the quality of the machinery that was actually racing.
he did say Holden, but in the end he was meaning GM, he started talking Cadillac and Corvette. reckon he was just trying to "Australianise" his comments

Do we really want bigger crowds at the 12 hour? A bigger crowd means logistic issues. it means crowd control, it means people putting tents up on the fence, it will mean restrictions to the pits eventually
And all that comes at a financial cost so will mean more expensive tickets
Old 9 Feb 2015, 23:19 (Ref:3503472)   #2531
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Not sure why you feel the need to insult the 1000km fans
Typical of the so called "sports car elitist."
Old 9 Feb 2015, 23:31 (Ref:3503476)   #2532
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nismo is making sure their social media is filled with news of their success

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 10 Feb 2015, 00:04 (Ref:3503481)   #2533
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If anyone recorded the full 12 hour race on Sunday, I would love a copy. Willing to pay all costs involved. Pls PM me - cheers.
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 10 Feb 2015, 00:27 (Ref:3503484)   #2534
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Nismo is making sure their social media is filled with news of their success

I was cheering on Matt Bell the Aston to the flag on Sunday - but because of the above & Nissan's active motorsport involvement I was pretty excited to Chiyo pull of those 2 moves.

Can only do good things for the event and 2016.
Old 10 Feb 2015, 00:42 (Ref:3503486)   #2535
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belly13 View Post
If anyone recorded the full 12 hour race on Sunday, I would love a copy. Willing to pay all costs involved. Pls PM me - cheers.
http://www.bathurst12hour.com.au/live-au Click "watch again".
Old 10 Feb 2015, 01:28 (Ref:3503487)   #2536
twinwebbers
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
twinwebbers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got back yesterday after a cracker weekend! (3 x 12 hour races in four days... driving down there, watching one around the mountain and then the drive home again.) The machinery was mind blowing, some of the best drivers in the world and the track as always breath taking.

The crowd was about as big as I expected. About perfect if you ask me big enough to create an atmosphere but small enough to move around and not restrict access. The bogans (Holden and Ford flags. WTF???) had arrived but were well out numbered by happy friendly enthusiasts, who made the weekend a pleasure to be at.

The number of red flags/safety cars all weekend was a big distraction, just about every session on Friday and Saturday had a red flag and Sunday as we know was about 21 sprints interrupted by a series of processions. I'm not sure why, perhaps the heat, perhaps the number of new comers to Bathurst. I think the marshals did an amazing job all weekend but something needs to be done to streamline the recovery process.

My only complaint, not being prepared enough for the heat. Both days left me very drained and desperately looking for shade (and it was scarce) at any opportunity.
Old 10 Feb 2015, 01:45 (Ref:3503490)   #2537
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
KSM86 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
there were a few bogans here and there, but to be honest they didnt act like moron's like i would of thought.... it was basically a mixture of everyone.

I agree with pecky, if crowd numbers rise everything will be scrutinised from, pit entry, to marking out ones territory up at the top of the mountain...hell on saturday we placed our gazeboo thing on the hill only to have ppl infront put theirs on the fenceline, couldnt see anything after that, i did think that was a poor effort.
Old 10 Feb 2015, 02:02 (Ref:3503495)   #2538
Nadz44
Rookie

Australia
Sydney
Nadz44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bit unfair to paint everyone with the same brush calling anyone with a holden or ford flag a bogan, fair enough there weren't any cars in the main race representing holden, but I do recall there were fords in the field (MARC Focus) plus there were mercs, and nissans.... And they all run in the v8 supercar series... Were them fans considered bogans????
Old 10 Feb 2015, 02:24 (Ref:3503498)   #2539
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Seven hails Bathurst 12 Hour TV figures

10 February 2015 - Bathurst 12 Hour NewsThe Seven Network has signalled intentions to retain the Bathurst 12 Hour next year after trumpeting its rating success over the V8 Supercars on Sunday Read More
Old 10 Feb 2015, 02:30 (Ref:3503499)   #2540
Hingo
Racer

Australia
Canberra
Hingo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think if they are rocking a mullet, drinking Jim Beam and wearing some sort of "Street Machines" t-shirt it is fair to say that they are a bogan and probably proud of it. I wouldn't say there were heaps, but if they enjoy the race and don't ruin anyone else's day then I am happy they are throwing their money and support behind the event.

Pecky put it into perspective with the 25% crowd increase over last year. Given it conflicted with a free event and was missing the household name V8 drivers, it is a good number. Lets hope common sense prevails next year and we don't have the same situation again. Somehow I don't think Warburton will settle to walk away without some piece of the pie.
Old 10 Feb 2015, 02:37 (Ref:3503500)   #2541
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Seven hails Bathurst 12 Hour TV figures

10 February 2015 - Bathurst 12 Hour NewsThe Seven Network has signalled intentions to retain the Bathurst 12 Hour next year after trumpeting its rating success over the V8 Supercars on Sunday Read More
the interesting thing was that there was no increase in tv coverage over last year. that would be dissapointing.

but most importantly, as i have been saying for a while now, No clash next year

and i think the article failed to mention that the test tv coverage was up significantly on last year
Old 10 Feb 2015, 02:39 (Ref:3503501)   #2542
TCR
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
TCR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also arrived home last night after two days driving to and from the event and three days at the track. It was our fourth year in a row at the event, and I was constantly amazed at how it has changed (for better and worse) over those four years.

There were a lot of positives to take out of this year's event, and I'm very happy for the organisers who have worked tirelessly over the years to get it to this point. Some decent merchandise (finally), the revised start time, the free to air television coverage, and the variety of cars that comprised a truly world class field the main things for me.

From a selfish point of view, it's unfortunate that the growth in popularity has meant bigger crowds, and with that the difficulty in getting a decent vantage spot around the track, and the freedoms of being able to get so close to the cars and drivers in and around the pits. All of which was still possible but I'm not sure for how long.

Normally I'd be eagerly awaiting the release of the tickets and campground spots for next year, but I'm in two minds at the moment, as it might just be at that point were I stay at home and watch it on tv in the comfort of my own air conditioned "man cave".
Old 10 Feb 2015, 03:33 (Ref:3503505)   #2543
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hingo View Post
I think if they are rocking a mullet, drinking Jim Beam and wearing some sort of "Street Machines" t-shirt it is fair to say that they are a bogan and probably proud of it.
That bit is actually really funny, and totally unexpected.
Old 10 Feb 2015, 03:51 (Ref:3503510)   #2544
Reload
Veteran

Australia
There was a meeting of the 2 cultures late on Thursday afternoon when a group of Holden fans walked the entire length of pit lane with their motorized esky and the looks on some of the International drivers faces was pure gold.
Hopefully the shot that they got of the 3 Maranello drivers sitting on and around the esky in full race suits appears somewhere.
Old 10 Feb 2015, 04:10 (Ref:3503514)   #2545
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
the interesting thing was that there was no increase in tv coverage over last year. that would be dissapointing.

but most importantly, as i have been saying for a while now, No clash next year

and i think the article failed to mention that the test tv coverage was up significantly on last year
There was no telecast of V8 test last year.
Old 10 Feb 2015, 04:15 (Ref:3503516)   #2546
JDM1980
Rookie

JDM1980 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Corvette...?
Please can someone get a C7 GT3!!! I'd Love to see a Corvette on track in Bathurst 12hr again. Seems the Trofeo C6 Corvette is unlikely return to Bathurst 12hr or AGT despite the fact it was rebuilt/updated last year.

Last edited by JDM1980; 10 Feb 2015 at 04:22.
Old 10 Feb 2015, 04:15 (Ref:3503517)   #2547
Reload
Veteran

Australia
If the viewers were frustrated at the amount of SC's on Sunday, their lucky they weren't at the track on the Saturday as there was a red flag in every session
Old 10 Feb 2015, 06:17 (Ref:3503530)   #2548
Marcos WTF
Racer

Australia
On a former RAAF airfield
Marcos WTF is a back marker
Bit harsh assuming everyone with a Holden or Furd flag was a bogan. Yes, I had the Holden flag flying. I was also wearing a Buick cap, and there weren't any Buicks racing either.

Saw more than a few footy jerseys being worn too, despite a lack of footy games there.
Old 10 Feb 2015, 06:29 (Ref:3503532)   #2549
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos WTF View Post
Bit harsh assuming everyone with a Holden or Furd flag was a bogan. Yes, I had the Holden flag flying. I was also wearing a Buick cap, and there weren't any Buicks racing either.

Saw more than a few footy jerseys being worn too, despite a lack of footy games there.

I think the thing is that if i want to go to motorsport i want to wear my motorsport gear and I certainly dont have any Bentley gear (i remember about ten years ago a friend was trying to get Bentley cuff links at $2000)

So they would wear there ford or holden gear. It helps to convey an interest in the sport of motorsport, but some people want to define that interest pretty tightly

Been to NASCAR events a few times in the states, I wore my v8 stuff to that

Last edited by peckstar; 10 Feb 2015 at 06:38.
Old 10 Feb 2015, 06:37 (Ref:3503535)   #2550
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well that was fun.

Nice to meet you reload.

And well done scudd and team, your monkey was even bigger than ours, but we've both shaken it off.

Beat ya though!