Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 10 Sep 2013, 11:49 (Ref:3301438)   #2626
Bell_End
Racer

Jamaica
Church Tower
Bell_End should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Agreed.......will they even get a test before Bathurst?

In the last 10-15 years a number of internationals have been invited to race at Bathurst, yet due to the ridiculously low amount of testing allowed by the category, the drivers are always underdone and spend the whole time out here just getting used to the cars (and go home with the local 'experts' thinking they are rubbish)

Why will this effort in 2013 be any different? We've already heard plenty of times this year how the CotF is just as 'unique' to drive as the old model...

Plenty of ways for a international to get seat time, nothing is stopping them taking a older v8sc out testing for as long as they like.. The teams are already spending 100k+ to get them here and setup to race anyway, if they wanted to have a serious crack what's a test day with an old car worth to them?? **** if I was a highly paid international driver I would just do it my self.
Old 12 Sep 2013, 06:40 (Ref:3302543)   #2627
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Agreed.......will they even get a test before Bathurst?

In the last 10-15 years a number of internationals have been invited to race at Bathurst, yet due to the ridiculously low amount of testing allowed by the category, the drivers are always underdone and spend the whole time out here just getting used to the cars (and go home with the local 'experts' thinking they are rubbish)

Why will this effort in 2013 be any different? We've already heard plenty of times this year how the CotF is just as 'unique' to drive as the old model...
AA reports that Mr Priaulx and Mr Ekstrom shall get 2 days of testing in the #10 green machine, the original 888 CotF chassis, at Queensland Raceway prior to Bathurst...

Of interest also is that Mr Skaife was apparently originally slated for one of the seats... but couldnt drive because of his work on the V8SC Commission....

Interesting...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 12 Sep 2013, 11:22 (Ref:3302653)   #2628
FPV8U
Racer

Australia
3rd Rock from the Sun.
FPV8U should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
AA reports that Mr Priaulx and Mr Ekstrom shall get 2 days of testing in the #10 green machine, the original 888 CotF chassis, at Queensland Raceway prior to Bathurst...

Of interest also is that Mr Skaife was apparently originally slated for one of the seats... but couldnt drive because of his work on the V8SC Commission....

Interesting...
Mr Skaife must have put his resignation in too late for this year.

Will his new roll allow on track activities?

Last edited by FPV8U; 12 Sep 2013 at 11:35.
Old 13 Sep 2013, 00:55 (Ref:3303102)   #2629
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tim Slade departs Erebus Motorsport - apparently to Walkinshaw Racing.
Old 14 Sep 2013, 01:20 (Ref:3303671)   #2630
MattV
Racer

Australia
Sydney
MattV should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there a market on first co-driver to get punted between Sandown and Bathurst?
Old 14 Sep 2013, 01:33 (Ref:3303674)   #2631
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd say it'd be one of the internationals, perhaps one who has been around all year...
Old 16 Sep 2013, 01:11 (Ref:3304497)   #2632
T-star
Racer

T-star should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't Lucas already threaten to replace one of his drivers earlier this year?
Be quite rutheless of him to do it before Bathurst...
Old 16 Sep 2013, 01:26 (Ref:3304501)   #2633
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He wants to get rid of Mr Pye, but this may have an effect on his alliance with Triple Eight.

From what I've heard, the combination of Mr L. Dumbrell and Mr Morris does not make for an easy working environment.
Old 16 Sep 2013, 01:41 (Ref:3304505)   #2634
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The expletive bomb after the Winton car burn-off on the live 7 coverage showed the true colours of a seemingly highly-stressed team. It may not have aired in Australia as it occurred during the Noonan interlude that we get in NZ as part of the pay TV, from memory.
Old 16 Sep 2013, 05:25 (Ref:3304534)   #2635
Umai Naa
Veteran

Oh it was aired alright.

Mr Morris made Mr Pye look a bit foolish in ditching the car, when in reality, Mr Pye had known better.
Old 16 Sep 2013, 06:10 (Ref:3304538)   #2636
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Oh it was aired alright.

Mr Morris made Mr Pye look a bit foolish in ditching the car, when in reality, Mr Pye had known better.
The driver in this case walked away from his car. He didnt have a view from the officials as to if or how the car was to be cleared from that spot. I.e. was it to be towed up pitlane, or flat towed or left where it was

Surely the driver shouldnt have left his car's side , given that he was uninjured, until the car's fate was known.
Old 16 Sep 2013, 06:19 (Ref:3304540)   #2637
T-star
Racer

T-star should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stand next to a car that was on fire? Yeah that sounds like something most of us would do...
Old 16 Sep 2013, 06:21 (Ref:3304541)   #2638
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-star View Post
Stand next to a car that was on fire? Yeah that sounds like something most of us would do...
In a full fire suit?

He clearly didnt have to be on top of the car...
Old 16 Sep 2013, 08:55 (Ref:3304589)   #2639
Umai Naa
Veteran

I'm guessing he assumed the damage was terminal, given the same thing happened the day before, albeit on a smaller scale.
Old 16 Oct 2013, 20:58 (Ref:3318630)   #2640
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
SupaShock is Go!!!!
Old 25 Oct 2013, 23:05 (Ref:3323103)   #2641
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Has the love between LDM & 888 run its course?

Story Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Article
Fiore’s former engineer, the Triple Eight-employed David Cauchi, is now back working for the main Red Bull outfit.
Old 25 Oct 2013, 23:18 (Ref:3323104)   #2642
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Story Here
No. Maybe T8 are just getting things in place for an announcement re 2014>.
Old 26 Oct 2013, 00:59 (Ref:3323141)   #2643
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Exactly....
Old 27 Oct 2013, 23:52 (Ref:3323951)   #2644
Racenut
Racer

Australia
Racenut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe they cant afford to pay 888 any more? wouldnt be the first one?
Old 28 Oct 2013, 03:45 (Ref:3324020)   #2645
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Or maybe LDM have run out of money? Paul Morris mentioned several times at Bathurst and Gold Coast that they had no parts to repair the car if crashed.
Old 28 Oct 2013, 07:11 (Ref:3324059)   #2646
Umai Naa
Veteran

What are they planning to do now that the Pye machine has been somewhat shortened?

Will it see some Triple Eight branding, so as to keep Mr Pye in the seat til the conclusion of the season?
Old 28 Oct 2013, 07:46 (Ref:3324069)   #2647
Beages
Rookie

Beages should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wrong thread
Old 28 Oct 2013, 08:25 (Ref:3324083)   #2648
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
What are they planning to do now that the Pye machine has been somewhat shortened?

Will it see some Triple Eight branding, so as to keep Mr Pye in the seat til the conclusion of the season?
Take it back to NisMo to put on their jig?
Old 28 Oct 2013, 08:47 (Ref:3324094)   #2649
Umai Naa
Veteran

I don't think it's that bent, but the monetary value of the panels, etc that were crunched will add up.
Old 28 Oct 2013, 11:28 (Ref:3324168)   #2650
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
I don't think it's that bent, but the monetary value of the panels, etc that were crunched will add up.
The apprentice will be busy with his hammers and wood blocks...