Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 10 Apr 2024, 14:15 (Ref:4204485)   #2801
Streethawk
Rookie

Streethawk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tocatrucky View Post
They have been trying to recruit freelance staff on a ''work for us today, we'll pay you in 2 month, arrears'' basis. To which many have laughed and deleted that email.
Foolish people if they go back on that basis. Like that arrangement will pay a mortgage or rent.

On another note, Rumour of one mechanic getting some of the thousands owed to him off TG.
Old 10 Apr 2024, 14:20 (Ref:4204486)   #2802
SV8Predator
Racer

SV8Predator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Has Hill stuffed the BMW?

Looks like it. It's come back to the garages on the flat-bed. Front end stoved in.
Old 10 Apr 2024, 15:29 (Ref:4204492)   #2803
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I notice that Cammish hasn't been out this afternoon. And Cook seems to be having a torrid time in the Toyota.

And, assuming that the times are representative, it would seem as though the BMWs don't like the wet too much.

Last edited by Mike Harte; 10 Apr 2024 at 15:35.
Old 10 Apr 2024, 16:56 (Ref:4204496)   #2804
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I notice that Cammish hasn't been out this afternoon. And Cook seems to be having a torrid time in the Toyota.

And, assuming that the times are representative, it would seem as though the BMWs don't like the wet too much.
Nothing new there.
Hill is the only one who can get the wet tyres to work on that car.
Old 10 Apr 2024, 17:10 (Ref:4204501)   #2805
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
Nothing new there.
Hill is the only one who can get the wet tyres to work on that car.

And not even Hill this afternoon; this in reply to my query about whether Hill had stuffed the Beemer as he was in the pits for quite a while following a red flag:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV8Predator View Post
Looks like it. It's come back to the garages on the flat-bed. Front end stoved in.
Old 10 Apr 2024, 17:24 (Ref:4204504)   #2806
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
And not even Hill this afternoon; this in reply to my query about whether Hill had stuffed the Beemer as he was in the pits for quite a while following a red flag:
The BTCC round-up confirms he went off at Sunny, whilst it sounded like Cook also picked up damage.

https://www.btcc.net/2024/04/10/p1-f...rnoon-session/
Old 10 Apr 2024, 21:54 (Ref:4204542)   #2807
coffinpilot
Racer

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
The BTCC round-up confirms he went off at Sunny, whilst it sounded like Cook also picked up damage.

https://www.btcc.net/2024/04/10/p1-f...rnoon-session/
I was a bit nosey there today!

Toyota didn't have the spares to repair Cook's car.
Spotted a certain S Proctor wandering around (and Max Coates - but he's there all the time!) so I wonder if he's chasing that WSR seat?
Hills off at Sunny was quite a big one. Lost it on kerbs just as the rain became heavier, straight into the wall at Sunny Out.
Turks got stuck in the mud.
They were doing hybrid tests for a few laps. Apparently, according to one of the guys at Alliance, the plan this year is for for the cars to leave the pits on the ICE, but go to Hybrid when they get to the back of the dummy grid.
Old 10 Apr 2024, 21:55 (Ref:4204543)   #2808
coffinpilot
Racer

And Watson has got a Valterri Bottas style Tache. No mullet yet though.
Old 10 Apr 2024, 22:02 (Ref:4204544)   #2809
JDMROB
Racer

JDMROB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffinpilot View Post
They were doing hybrid tests for a few laps. Apparently, according to one of the guys at Alliance, the plan this year is for for the cars to leave the pits on the ICE, but go to Hybrid when they get to the back of the dummy grid.
Surely that’s just crying out for someone to get run over!?
Old 10 Apr 2024, 22:16 (Ref:4204546)   #2810
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffinpilot View Post
I was a bit nosey there today!

Do you know why Cammish didn't come out to play in the afternoon session?
Old 10 Apr 2024, 22:33 (Ref:4204550)   #2811
coffinpilot
Racer

Quote:
Haven't a clue. The car wasn't being worked on while in the garage (the odd thing here and there) but it was up on jacks so I assume something was up.

Or maybe he was in shock at the £6.50 I had to pay for a bacon sarnie at the new cafe and had to sit down for a while!!!

Seems like Halstead/Ingram/Chilton had a few problems because they had long spells in the garages with lots of work going on too.

It was strange watching Hill come out with the front end in the BMW/WSR colours because there was no other Laser Tools liveried bonnet/front wings.
Old 10 Apr 2024, 23:46 (Ref:4204553)   #2812
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith View Post
It is an interesting decision, although he did run as a Pro-Am last year as well and achieved no Pro-Am class wins. Sid Smith is a name I'm surprised to see as a Pro-Am given his pace in testing and in the Porsche Southern Europe winter series.

I wouldn't be surprised if a little bit of reclassification goes on between now and the season opener. On the whole, I feel Porsche do a pretty good job of categorising people. Part of the problem nowadays is that cars only score points in their class (whereas pre-2018 it was outright points + special points tables for PA1 and PA2) which makes it more important for Porsche to do a good job.

Whilst testing times count for little, and I think only their final session was representative, here is the order:
1. Hugo Ellis (Pro)
2. Matthew Rees (Pro)
3. Charles Rainford (Pro)
4. Sid Smith (Pro-Am)
5. James Wallis (Pro)
6. George Gamble (Pro)
7. Oliver White (Pro-Am)
8. Josh Malin (Pro)
9. Angus Whiteside (Pro-Am)
10. Ollie Jackson (Pro-Am)
11. Harry Foster (Pro)
12. Daniel Lloyd (Pro)
13. Andrew Rackstraw (Pro)
14. William Burns (Pro)
15. Jack Butel (Pro-Am)
16. Josh Stanton (Pro-Am)
17. Stephen Jelley (Pro)
18. Abbie Eaton (Pro-Am)
19. Ross Wylie (Pro-Am)
20. Lee Mowle (Am)
21. Richard Hosking (Am)
I hope Lee Mowle has fun finishing 1st out of 2 all year. After running a combined 113 laps at Brands, Hosking's best ended up 4 seconds off the pace! Deary me.

Porsche need to stop with this insipid format.
Old 11 Apr 2024, 06:12 (Ref:4204565)   #2813
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
As it's up the road I had look at testing today . As ever I am amazed that more people come to watch a few BTCC cars test than attend many club meetings . I assume it's the TV effect .

Largely uninspiring , but good to see Hill pressing on so hard before it turned to tears. BMWs did look very stable coming put of chicane, in contrast to some knife edge stuff shown by the others .
Old 11 Apr 2024, 06:35 (Ref:4204568)   #2814
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMROB View Post
The cars will be playing a series of audible chimes. Think ice cream van vibes.
Old 11 Apr 2024, 06:43 (Ref:4204571)   #2815
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMROB View Post
They're quiet, not invisible. No one should be in the pit lane when the cars leave the garages.
Old 11 Apr 2024, 08:03 (Ref:4204574)   #2816
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
Largely uninspiring , but good to see Hill pressing on so hard before it turned to tears. BMWs did look very stable coming put of chicane, in contrast to some knife edge stuff shown by the others .

Yes, we want to see drivers pushing it to the limit so as to be competitive; however, my criticism of Hill over the last couple of years is that he consistently overdrives the BMW and this is the reason, I believe, that he always finishes the season behind Sutton and Ingram.

They seem to possess far greater car control, and so often we have seen them overcome what looks like a sure pathway in to the barriers, yet they collect it all up and press on. Hill doesn't seem to have that ability and this is why, I think, that his car often finishes races looking very tattered.
Old 11 Apr 2024, 08:09 (Ref:4204576)   #2817
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
They're quiet, not invisible. No one should be in the pit lane when the cars leave the garages.

That was in response to "coffinpilot's" post that someone at Alliance claimed that the cars would leave the pits using their engines, but would switch to electric as they arrive at the back of the grid and take their positions. To me that just smacks of virtue signalling about helping the planet, and could potentially lead to problems on the grid unless they ensure that it is left clear until all the cars are in their slots.
Old 11 Apr 2024, 09:21 (Ref:4204587)   #2818
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
That was in response to "coffinpilot's" post that someone at Alliance claimed that the cars would leave the pits using their engines, but would switch to electric as they arrive at the back of the grid and take their positions. To me that just smacks of virtue signalling about helping the planet, and could potentially lead to problems on the grid unless they ensure that it is left clear until all the cars are in their slots.
the grid is always clear of guests until the last car gets into position
Old 11 Apr 2024, 09:24 (Ref:4204588)   #2819
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimmy View Post
I hope Lee Mowle has fun finishing 1st out of 2 all year. After running a combined 113 laps at Brands, Hosking's best ended up 4 seconds off the pace! Deary me.

Porsche need to stop with this insipid format.
I think Porsche need to work out what they want PCCGB to be. If they want Pro/Pro-Am/Am, then they need to figure out how to attract more than 2 Ams. As happened last year, I wouldn't be surprised if the class disappears before the end of the year. I remember reading last year that Porsche were considering introducing ABS and other driver aids for Am drivers - I wonder if they actually did? If they want to bill PCCGB as a series for Pro and Pro-Am, then they need to return to the pre-2018 structure of an overall championship table for everyone, and then a sub-championship that Pro-Ams (or perhaps drivers over a certain age) can score towards.
Old 11 Apr 2024, 09:33 (Ref:4204590)   #2820
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
the grid is always clear of guests until the last car gets into position

Not so, I'm afraid. Number of times Louise and the camera crew have to dodge cars that are arriving, and with spectators already milling about. Plus team members rushing to the cars to jack them up to swap wheels around.

One thing that has changed since I raced in 60s is that, because so many cars come out of the pits' garages, they don't go into what was then called the marshalling area - which was closed to spectators - where a marshal would line up cars in their grid positions. And that meant that cars arrived on the grid in the correct order. Oh, and no green lap back then, either!

Last edited by Mike Harte; 11 Apr 2024 at 09:39.
Old 11 Apr 2024, 09:47 (Ref:4204597)   #2821
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I feel like this season is starting really late and yet its no later than the last couple of years, whats that about?

Cant wait to see Team HARD take it to the big boys. Tony Gilham has been working so HARD to get this team on the grid and with all those cars and data then they have to be real contenders.
Old 11 Apr 2024, 10:03 (Ref:4204600)   #2822
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8supes View Post
I feel like this season is starting really late and yet its no later than the last couple of years, whats that about?

Cant wait to see Team HARD take it to the big boys. Tony Gilham has been working so HARD to get this team on the grid and with all those cars and data then they have to be real contenders.
April fools was the other day ?
Old 11 Apr 2024, 10:09 (Ref:4204605)   #2823
coffinpilot
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith View Post
I think Porsche need to work out what they want PCCGB to be. If they want Pro/Pro-Am/Am, then they need to figure out how to attract more than 2 Ams. As happened last year, I wouldn't be surprised if the class disappears before the end of the year. I remember reading last year that Porsche were considering introducing ABS and other driver aids for Am drivers - I wonder if they actually did? If they want to bill PCCGB as a series for Pro and Pro-Am, then they need to return to the pre-2018 structure of an overall championship table for everyone, and then a sub-championship that Pro-Ams (or perhaps drivers over a certain age) can score towards.
I agree there.
And what happens when if the Pro drivers go En Masse to somewhere else next year as well?
Old 11 Apr 2024, 10:28 (Ref:4204607)   #2824
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Maybe his test plan was for dry running?
Old 11 Apr 2024, 10:57 (Ref:4204610)   #2825
SV8Predator
Racer

SV8Predator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8supes View Post
This is a sarcastic, p|ss-take post, right...?