Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 7 Feb 2015, 15:46 (Ref:3502381)   #276
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Mark Miles also dropped the Triple Crown for 2015....
That's a mistake and might very well lead to Pocono disappearing from the 2016 calendar.
Old 8 Feb 2015, 08:39 (Ref:3502782)   #277
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Should have a race in Mexico & Straya!
Old 26 Feb 2015, 06:14 (Ref:3509124)   #278
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is the Honda Indy Toronto online ticket shop geo-blocked or does it just have some kind of a bug? No matter which browser I use, clicking it only opens a blank screen.
Old 1 Mar 2015, 15:02 (Ref:3510395)   #279
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No issues here
Old 1 Mar 2015, 23:00 (Ref:3510490)   #280
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemachine View Post
No issues here
Works fine here too although it does open in a new window, which might not sit well with some browser/popup blocker combinations.

Mr. BudLightJaguar has been in touch with HIT and I believe all is now well with his tickets.
Old 3 Mar 2015, 14:31 (Ref:3511180)   #281
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The advertising push continues for the Nola race. Full page adverts in the paper here in Baton Rouge have been the norm for months now. I'm planning on being there for race day, not sure I can swing any other days but I am still a little nervous about the event being successful. I've been watching some in car stuff from testing and I'm not sure what viability will be like at the track outside the grand stands.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1425392900981.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	277.6 KB
ID:	44581
Old 8 Mar 2015, 17:55 (Ref:3513017)   #282
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That face in the NOLA ad/poster is downright scary. I don't understand the connection either, it's like a statue you could find from ancient temple in the jungles of Bangladesh or something
Old 9 Mar 2015, 02:31 (Ref:3513124)   #283
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I don't like it either.
Old 9 Mar 2015, 03:20 (Ref:3513134)   #284
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Well, they've tried every other trick to draw in the punters, the next obvious marketing strategy would be to summon the diabolical powers of oriental terror-gods in order to influence attendance figures.
Old 9 Mar 2015, 09:33 (Ref:3513190)   #285
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
A scary, random visual to promote a New Orleans sporting event? Where have I heard that before? Oh yes, the original Pierre The Pelican mascot from the recently renamed New Orleans NBA team. Maybe somebody down in Louisiana hired the same company to do the advertising campaign…
Old 9 Mar 2015, 09:53 (Ref:3513204)   #286
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dear god.

What's next, Cocktopuss?

Old 10 Mar 2015, 17:21 (Ref:3513741)   #287
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
That face in the NOLA ad/poster is downright scary. I don't understand the connection either, it's like a statue you could find from ancient temple in the jungles of Bangladesh or something
That face is representing the mardi gras connection with New Orleans. It is a Jester I believe.
Old 10 Mar 2015, 18:00 (Ref:3513762)   #288
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
That face is representing the mardi gras connection with New Orleans. It is a Jester I believe.
They had Mardi Gras on 17th Feb, the NOLA round is on 12th April.
Old 10 Mar 2015, 19:11 (Ref:3513785)   #289
Deleted
Veteran

That's the weirdest Jester mask I've seen if true.

Old 12 Mar 2015, 17:35 (Ref:3514529)   #290
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
They had Mardi Gras on 17th Feb, the NOLA round is on 12th April.
True, but that is what NO is known for, whether its mardi gras season or not.

Quote:
That's the weirdest Jester mask I've seen if true.

Chiana, you haven't seen weird unless you've been to New Orleans for Mardi Gras. Trust me!
Old 24 Mar 2015, 07:43 (Ref:3518876)   #291
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I heard the Mexican F1 race sold out in 10 minutes - IndyCar need to hit this market again don't they?
Old 24 Mar 2015, 08:13 (Ref:3518882)   #292
Deleted
Veteran

First year always sells well in new GPs, the massive dropout only comes afterwards when the hype disappears and they realize they've been suckered off with the laughable ticket prices and dull product. Although here being a relatively big profile Mexican driver on the grid probably keeps up the interest for a bit.

ICS could probably have mediocre success at Mexico again, especially if partnered with something, but I don't see the appeal with the yet-another-butchered F1 circuit.
Old 24 Mar 2015, 09:37 (Ref:3518901)   #293
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
They could join up with the NASCAR Mexico Series...
Old 24 Mar 2015, 13:07 (Ref:3518973)   #294
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
First year always sells well in new GPs, the massive dropout only comes afterwards when the hype disappears and they realize they've been suckered off with the laughable ticket prices and dull product. Although here being a relatively big profile Mexican driver on the grid probably keeps up the interest for a bit.

ICS could probably have mediocre success at Mexico again, especially if partnered with something, but I don't see the appeal with the yet-another-butchered F1 circuit.
Hasn't Bernie brought in Tilke to sanitise and ruin the track?
Old 24 Mar 2015, 13:09 (Ref:3518976)   #295
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
With a Mexican driver, a Mexican event would take care of itself audience-wise. It'd be crammed to the rafters. All I see with the last entry list I saw though are a slate of Colombians and a brace of Brazilians in terms of Latin America.
Old 24 Mar 2015, 22:19 (Ref:3519175)   #296
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Just any Mexican isn't enough. Checo Pérez has raced for McLaren. That's the kind of drivers that make a dent.
Old 25 Mar 2015, 05:51 (Ref:3519241)   #297
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Bring back Adrian Fernandez or Michel Jourdain
Old 25 Mar 2015, 22:53 (Ref:3519561)   #298
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Hasn't Bernie brought in Tilke to sanitise and ruin the track?
Yes, hence what I said
Old 26 Mar 2015, 18:23 (Ref:3519963)   #299
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
I heard the Mexican F1 race sold out in 10 minutes - IndyCar need to hit this market again don't they?
Let's be clear: IndyCar will go pretty much wherever there's a local promoter willing to write them a big enough check. So the question is just whether there's anyone willing to do that in Mexico City.

I would argue that IndyCar will tend to do better, all other things being equal, in markets where they are the big fish, and not the second biggest race in town though.
Old 26 Mar 2015, 19:53 (Ref:3520002)   #300
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
Let's be clear: IndyCar will go pretty much wherever there's a local promoter willing to write them a big enough check.
Which is dead identical to F1. Except ICS doesn't have to race on new built asphaltdromes to make it happen, and abandon traditional market zones because of it